Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods.

Go down 
+2
Claudia
SaulottheGentle
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods. Empty
PostSubject: Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods.   Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods. EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 11:46 pm

Well, for starters, is it at all possible if the Camarilla Edition, Clan Quest, Final Nights, and Companion mods to be some how worked together to make something like a super mod?

Im not saying they should be downloaded separately (As either Zer0 or Malkav had stated in the announcement on the Camarilla Edition board that mods shouldnt be overlapped separately), but that they could be made into one huge mod (This might have a ridiculous downloading time considering the amount of content) that has everything within all mods?

Like for example, the playable clans would include the same from the vanilla VtMB and VtMtFN: Ventrue, Malkavian, Tremere, Gangrel, Toreador, Brujah, Followers of Set, Salubri, Baali, Assamite, Ishtarri and Osebo.

For Clan Quests for the clans in the Final Nights mod, I dont really know how it might work, considering that none of the clans in the Final Nights mod have themselves in it (Save for Akeem, the Assamite Visier).
I was thinking thinking that Akeem could give an Assamite a quest involving a way to study and remove the curse the Tremere have placed on them (Since the Tremere cursed them with a lust for vampire blood and diablarie), and that Mr. Ox, the store owner for the White Cloud in Chinatown could give the Clan Quest for a Baali kindred (Most likely involving the capture of a Kuei-jin soul, seeing as Kuei-Jin are people who managed to escape hell and return to their body, and that Baali's powers are based on the infernal, and that Mr. Ox is more or less a demon hunting for escaped Kuei-jin souls).

And as for an idea with the music, why not put in an inventory item (Like an iPod or an MP3 player) that can change the music thats playing? This would only work when you're outside in the "Hub" areas though. For clubs, the DJs introduced could change the music when asked like in the Camarilla Edition mod, including the songs normally played (Like Isolated for the Asylum) and the songs that interchanged in the Final Nights mod.

And for Companion Quest mod, well, from what I've seen of it, (which isnt much, just that it mostly interacted with the female cast.)
I think that there should be more male companions/blood dolls. Maybe Ash/The Killer/Barbarus/Julius.
Maybe even with a persuasion of 3 or 4, early on in the hospital, you could persuade the doctor to work on Heather while you work on the man with a bullet hole in his head. While he's off, you can put some of your blood in his mouth, and voila! You get a male ghoul. Perhaps a backstory could be thought up for him as well.

Finally, some dialogue options with disciplines. And Im not talking about Obeah, Dominate, Dementation and Serpentis, but with some offensive ones as well. The only way for the dialogue option to be open is if you have the ability in question unlocked. Like with the guy who followed Heather home and she locked him into the bathroom. Lets say you were playing as a Baali for instance, and you try to choose the path where it leads you to frenzying.

Baali PC: Hey dickhead! I'm trying to be reasonable with you, but just calm the fuck down!
Thug: You hear me!? I'm telling the police on this shit!
Baali PC: (Daimonion: Infernal Servitor)- You know what? You come into my home, annoy my pet, and now you've pissed me off. And your grand prize is: ETERNAL DAMNATION.
Thug: What!? Hey wait a minute-OHGODWHATAREYOUDOINGTOME-
Baali PC: Enjoy hell, you prick.

Or special dialogue depending on your clan, like a Baali noting on how Mr. Ox is a demon or on how Ming Xiao and all Kuei-jin are escapees from hell and she's talking with an infernalist.

Here's an example I made up of working Clan dialogue into conversation:

Ming Xiao: You may ponder this folly as you fall into the hell of maggots feasting upon your flesh!
Malkavian PC: This one shall send you into the hell of mirrors, where as each mirror of your identity shatters, each edge shall pierce you until you have no identity left, Escapee of Hell!

And I guess the only real complaints is in the Warrens, but only after you've killed all of the Tzimizce's abominations. Can the music be changed to something else? The damn eerie chanting doesnt really fit for a place that feels abit...welcoming? My other and final complaints are within the Nosferatu Quests, specifically in the Final Nights version. Cant get rid of Server tape or the ledgers and get posters for the lulz.

Well...what do you all think? This is only an idea, abit of a huge one, so please dont think Im demanding these ideas to be made, or holding an expectation for them to come to life.

Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: KI   Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods. EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 4:40 am

There is one of those ideas that just can't be done. There can only be 7 playable clans and we're also limited by the amount of disciplines (amount of targeted ones and amount of buff/debuff ones). So there can never be more than seven clans. Sorry dude

"remove the curse the Tremere have placed on them (Since the Tremere cursed them with a lust for vampire blood and diablarie)"
Nope you got it all wrong. Their lust of blood and diablerie is a result of them BREAKING the curse. The curse was that kindred blood was harmful to them. When they drink it, they get that same amount of damage. The curse forbids them from doing diablerie Wink

Companion mod : it's a pain in the ass, that mod, seriously, as one very smart guy : jesus fucking christ how do people play with this??
The mod was kind of abandoned. BG01 (Clan Quest Mod creator) integrated part of it to his mod, and it's still buggy and random because of the random glitches. It's just not made for companions.

You can change the music yourself by putting in the files another mp3 to replace the sound one.
(I play soundless so I really don't care Very Happy)

Dialogue with disciplines ? If you wanna use infernal servitor, then once the dialogue is broken, use the discipline... No problem.
Why would you need daimonion to frenzy because heather's victim pissed you off ?

Clan Quest Mod integrates already many features of other mods, but you gotta understand, it's uber painful and an ultra pain in the ass. Really. Seriously. Merging shit together is lots of work
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods.   Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods. EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 5:52 am

Claudia wrote:

"remove the curse the Tremere have placed on them (Since the Tremere cursed them with a lust for vampire blood and diablarie)"
Nope you got it all wrong. Their lust of blood and diablerie is a result of them BREAKING the curse. The curse was that kindred blood was harmful to them. When they drink it, they get that same amount of damage. The curse forbids them from doing diablerie Wink

Not quite like that, I am afraid. Tremere curse was caused by Assamite addiction to vitae and intended to stop mass Diablerie comitted in Europe by handsome Middle Estern gentelmen with fanatical sparks in their eyes... Laughing
(by: Dark Ages Europe and bunch of other books I vaguely remember)
Blood addiction was caused by Baali curse during Baali Wars. Details and story in both respectiveClanbooks, if memory serves.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods.   Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods. EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 7:24 am

Too many books, too many authors... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods.   Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods. EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 9:13 am

Claudia wrote:
There is one of those ideas that just can't be done. There can only be 7 playable clans and we're also limited by the amount of disciplines (amount of targeted ones and amount of buff/debuff ones). So there can never be more than seven clans. Sorry dude

Companion mod : it's a pain in the ass, that mod, seriously, as one very smart guy : jesus fucking christ how do people play with this??
The mod was kind of abandoned. BG01 (Clan Quest Mod creator) integrated part of it to his mod, and it's still buggy and random because of the random glitches. It's just not made for companions.

You can change the music yourself by putting in the files another mp3 to replace the sound one.
(I play soundless so I really don't care Very Happy)

Dialogue with disciplines ? If you wanna use infernal servitor, then once the dialogue is broken, use the discipline... No problem.
Why would you need daimonion to frenzy because heather's victim pissed you off ?

Clan Quest Mod integrates already many features of other mods, but you gotta understand, it's uber painful and an ultra pain in the ass. Really. Seriously. Merging shit together is lots of work

Ahhh...
Like I said, Im not making demands or ever expecting these ideas to cometo life. Thank you for answering if it was possible or not. Smile
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods.   Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods. EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 7:52 pm

Well, now that I think about it, wouldnt it be possible from another point of view to start out with the Companion Quest mod (seeing as its the hardest to mod), then add in a few changes shown in other mods?
Such as Camarilla Edition prostitutes/increased amount of people in a hub, Clan Quest Mod dialogue, etc?
Also, seeing the limitation on how many disciplines/clans can be available, is it possible to some how...break or stretch these limitations?

I have to admit, I might just take up modding to test these possibilities.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods.   Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods. EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 8:08 pm

If there were still a modder around who knows enough about comp mod...
I would be interested in adding more clans or disciplines to CE, if that were possible. But I won't touch comp. I completely dislike the whole idea of that mod. I have used some of the dialog and file tools Dheu has used for comp, but I won't put in any companions to thake along, or even worse, embrace.
Plus I have used some of the item slots for books already for something else. So CE without the college is out of the question. As is TFN with the college, because Zer0 doesn't want it.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods.   Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods. EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 4:02 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
I won't touch comp. I completely dislike the whole idea of that mod. I have used some of the dialog and file tools Dheu has used for comp, but I won't put in any companions to thake along, or even worse, embrace.
I like having a Coterie in Redemption because you get to interact with them periodically, but the Companion Mod for Bloodlines is bleh. It's like having a bunch of cannon fodder robots in tow.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods.   Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods. EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 4:23 pm

What's with this idea of Mr. Ox being a demon?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods.   Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods. EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 4:53 pm

Karavolos wrote:
What's with this idea of Mr. Ox being a demon?
What of it? He surely isn't some normal human. If you hit a normal ´man with your knife, he doesn't simply disappear. He will die, fight back, or try to flee.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods.   Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods. EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 4:54 pm

Never did try to attack Ox, always liked the guy, but I always pictured him as (if supernatural at all) a mage or MAYBE a Cathayan.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods.   Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods. EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:23 pm

He is an asiatic Magus (Akhasik Broterhood...?) for sure...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods.   Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods. EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:25 pm

He seems to be some kind of Mephisto Light to me. Doesn't buy your soul in one faustean contract, but piece by piece...

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods.   Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods. Empty

Back to top Go down

Abit of a huge idea I had after playing CE and FN mods.
Page 1 of 1