Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey guys, I'm back - big problem

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mouser9169
Elder
Elder

Hey guys, I'm back - big problem Empty
PostSubject: Hey guys, I'm back - big problem   Hey guys, I'm back - big problem EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 11:15 am

Hello all, hope all is well with CE and TFN.

I recently had to do a reinstall of Windows 7. I made the backup of the old 'Windows' and reinstalled.

For the most part all has been well, except with Bloodlines. I've still got all the files, but when I try to run it, it tries to do a 'phone home' activation. Unfortunately, I bought the game through Hitpoints, and that website doesn't exist any more, so there's no way for the game to activate to be played.

I tried finding all the old values in the backup registry related to Bloodlines and copied them over to the new registry, but that didn't solve the problem.

DRM - gotta love this shit Evil or Very Mad

Anyone have any ideas or fixes so I can play a game I legally bought on my computer?

Oh, and I've tried contacting IGN. No responses from them...
Back to top Go down
mouser9169
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, I'm back - big problem   Hey guys, I'm back - big problem EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 10:35 am

Fixed: Tessera has a fix up. Go Tessmage.

I tried his "megamod" too, the textures are absolutely incredible. But you got to deal with nekkid people everywhere...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, I'm back - big problem   Hey guys, I'm back - big problem EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Does he still require people to register on his "I love naked women and exchange my opinion to Tessa's" forum to be allowed to download?
Really can't stand that guy. He seems to think the bloody sun is shining out of his bloody ass, and he has all the truth and knowledge there is in the world.

- geek
Back to top Go down
mouser9169
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, I'm back - big problem   Hey guys, I'm back - big problem EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 11:30 pm

You have to register for some things.

That's what your spam email and 'other' logons are for Twisted Evil

He is a character. If I actually took him seriously I probably couldn't deal with him. But to me he's just an icon on a screen with a severe narcissistic personality disorder and completely out of touch with reality 'liberalism'.

If you poke him, he says funny things lol!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, I'm back - big problem   Hey guys, I'm back - big problem EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 5:54 am

Is it a "real" mod with new content/rules, or just a graphic upgrade? If it is more than just graphics, I might consider trying it sometime.

- geek
Back to top Go down
mouser9169
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, I'm back - big problem   Hey guys, I'm back - big problem EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 7:11 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Is it a "real" mod with new content/rules, or just a graphic upgrade? If it is more than just graphics, I might consider trying it sometime.

- geek

From what I could tell, very minor gameplay changes, mostly the graphical textures - need to run the game with a heapsize of 384000 for it to keep putting along, and I was still getting crashes sometimes when loading new maps. There were some other 'tweaks' but at that point I said the hell with it. But they've got to be some of the highest res textures I've ever seen - which is probably the problem. Thinking about it, I'm guessing Tess doesn't understand or know how to bake those textures down...

I'll tell you the truth Malkav, if you put out a game as good as Camarilla Edition, I'd pay money for it. If your thinking of switching tracks anyway, it's be a shame to not at least seriously consider that option.

And since you're here Smile I'm trying to run CE 1.6. Everything is cool, but bloodbuff isn't working. The words come up in the upper corner saying Bloodbuff (1), but no change on the character sheet, and no changes to stats (I couldn't pick a lock I should have been able to). I've checked stats.txt, traiteffects000.txt - where else should I be looking to track this down?

- EDIT: FIXED. Blasted missing brace 500 lines up strikes again.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, I'm back - big problem   Hey guys, I'm back - big problem EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 3:50 pm

mouser9169 wrote:
And since you're here Smile I'm trying to run CE 1.6. Everything is cool, but bloodbuff isn't working. The words come up in the upper corner saying Bloodbuff (1), but no change on the character sheet, and no changes to stats (I couldn't pick a lock I should have been able to). I've checked stats.txt, traiteffects000.txt - where else should I be looking to track this down?

- EDIT: FIXED. Blasted missing brace 500 lines up strikes again.
Did you edit something for your personal use, or do I have to know about it, before I go to merging the new patch in for the final CE version?
In that case, please tell me which file, and where the brace is missing.

_ geek
Back to top Go down
mouser9169
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, I'm back - big problem   Hey guys, I'm back - big problem EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 10:34 pm

No, you're good Malkav.

That's what I get for not editing in Notepad++ Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, I'm back - big problem   Hey guys, I'm back - big problem Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey guys, I'm back - big problem
Page 1 of 1