Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vandal giving out free blood

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mouser9169
Elder
Elder

Vandal giving out free blood Empty
PostSubject: Vandal giving out free blood   Vandal giving out free blood EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:10 am

I noticed this on an earlier playthrough and thought I probably screwed something up, but it's doing it again where I haven't really changed anything (I doubt changing a history caused this - I haven't touched his dialog):

If you intimidate vandal after you free Lily, he gives you a free pack of blood.

Now, if you talk to him again (Edit: back at his window), you'll get: 1) buy blood 2) leave 3) Where do you get your blood from?

If you choose 3, you can intimidate him again, and get another free blueblood pack. This keeps going until one of his triggered conversations. But if you choose 'hope I don't kill you later' and leave without ever opening the store, the 'triggered conversation' never happens, and you can keep getting free packs like he's a broken ATM.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Vandal giving out free blood   Vandal giving out free blood EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 7:44 am

I know that "bug", I think it's fine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mouser9169
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Vandal giving out free blood   Vandal giving out free blood EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 8:29 am

Claudia wrote:
I know that "bug", I think it's fine Very Happy

Laughing

Yeah, it's not game breaking for the most part - it hurts my mods because I raise the price on things ($4-6/round for ammo as an example) and getting that easy free money that early in the game kind of kills that. I know you can make tons (I've been guilty of it) carting Tong SMG's to Tseng and similar other spots in the game, but blood you can cart over to Trip a stack at a time.

It's also an immersion killer.

I say it should be squashed. Shouldn't be too hard to put a check in the dialog for that I would think, though I'll admit I haven't worked with dialogs that much - especially adding things too them.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Vandal giving out free blood   Vandal giving out free blood EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 9:11 am

I see what you're tallking about. Should be removed.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Vandal giving out free blood   Vandal giving out free blood EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 3:43 pm

mouser9169 wrote:
Yeah, it's not game breaking for the most part - it hurts my mods because I raise the price on things ($4-6/round for ammo as an example)
Off topic, but ...

$4 to $6 a round? The game takes place in the United States. Maybe .50 caliber rounds for a Barret (or other kinds of super specialty ammo) are that much. Surely there are better ways to make money harder to come by.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Vandal giving out free blood   Vandal giving out free blood EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 4:40 pm

Childe of Munster wrote:
mouser9169 wrote:
Yeah, it's not game breaking for the most part - it hurts my mods because I raise the price on things ($4-6/round for ammo as an example)
Off topic, but ...

$4 to $6 a round? The game takes place in the United States. Maybe .50 caliber rounds for a Barret (or other kinds of super specialty ammo) are that much. Surely there are better ways to make money harder to come by.
That's right. You can change the haggling tables or put in a reducced player resell value for most items, not only for weapons.
Sadly I don't know of any way to limit the resell option for certain items to one or two vendors only.
If you want to stop bloodpacks from being a source of easy money, just set their player resell value to 0. This is set in the item description. Then you have to pay the ful price when you want to buy bloodpacks, but you won't be able to sell them later. Except for the option to sell three ordinary bloodbags to Copper, as that is handled in dialog, not as a normal vendor option.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vandal giving out free blood   Vandal giving out free blood Empty

Back to top Go down

Vandal giving out free blood
Page 1 of 1