Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dancing in Club Confession (and somethign else maybe not a bug)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

Dancing in Club Confession (and somethign else maybe not a bug) Empty
PostSubject: Dancing in Club Confession (and somethign else maybe not a bug)   Dancing in Club Confession (and somethign else maybe not a bug) EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 2:58 pm

Random NPCs "pop" into existence right next the PC's avatar, interrupting dancing. Didn't experience it in Asylum (didn't try dancing anywhere else this run-through).

The "maybe, maybe not" is the CDC guys didn't leave after finishing the Plaguebearer series (the homeless are no longer diseased, however, so it it was a bug, it was just visual).

Maybe my install was funky. I installed Wesp 8.41 then TFN 1.1.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in Club Confession (and somethign else maybe not a bug)   Dancing in Club Confession (and somethign else maybe not a bug) EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 4:19 pm

your install is WRONGLY WRONG.

Uninstall everything.
Reinstall the game
Install TFN ONLY.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in Club Confession (and somethign else maybe not a bug)   Dancing in Club Confession (and somethign else maybe not a bug) EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:46 pm

Childe of Munster wrote:
Random NPCs "pop" into existence right next the PC's avatar, interrupting dancing. Didn't experience it in Asylum (didn't try dancing anywhere else this run-through).
The npcs randomly teleporting is something that happens only in confession. And since the dance spoth there had to be moved away from the center of the cross, it can interfere with the dancing. That is one reason why I have disabled the teleport for CE.

Quote :
The "maybe, maybe not" is the CDC guys didn't leave after finishing the Plaguebearer series (the homeless are no longer diseased, however, so it it was a bug, it was just visual).
This is a bug in TFN. I have told Zer0 about it, but I found it only after the release of TFN 1.1. It causes some other minor issues as well. E.g. the debris in front of the tower won't turn up after the soc...

Quote :
Maybe my install was funky. I installed Wesp 8.41 then TFN 1.1.
Funny you even made your way as far as downtown with that kind of install. Perhaps TFN changes so many files that all of the 8.4 patch is removed again.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in Club Confession (and somethign else maybe not a bug)   Dancing in Club Confession (and somethign else maybe not a bug) EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 11:50 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
]Funny you even made your way as far as downtown with that kind of install. Perhaps TFN changes so many files that all of the 8.4 patch is removed again.
Not only did I make it that far, I made it to the end of the game. I figured if the install was messed up, it wouldn't even have played.

And yes, the debris is not there as well (but visible through the lobby doors).
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in Club Confession (and somethign else maybe not a bug)   Dancing in Club Confession (and somethign else maybe not a bug) EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 7:00 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
This is a bug in TFN. I have told Zer0 about it, but I found it only after the release of TFN 1.1. It causes some other minor issues as well. E.g. the debris in front of the tower won't turn up after the soc...

- geek

Did you email me the fix on that or just report the bug. If you know why the debris disappears and the CDC guys stick around I'd love to know. It's an annoying bug, not game breaking but annoying.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in Club Confession (and somethign else maybe not a bug)   Dancing in Club Confession (and somethign else maybe not a bug) EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 7:32 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Did you email me the fix on that or just report the bug. If you know why the debris disappears and the CDC guys stick around I'd love to know. It's an annoying bug, not game breaking but annoying.
My concern was that the CDC guys staying around also meant the downtown homeless were still diseased, but, as I said, they were not. It's an extraordinarily minor bug. You must have bigger fish to fry.
Back to top Go down
UncleCruncle
Ancillae
Ancillae
UncleCruncle

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in Club Confession (and somethign else maybe not a bug)   Dancing in Club Confession (and somethign else maybe not a bug) EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 3:24 pm

Childe of Munster wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
]Funny you even made your way as far as downtown with that kind of install. Perhaps TFN changes so many files that all of the 8.4 patch is removed again.
Not only did I make it that far, I made it to the end of the game. I figured if the install was messed up, it wouldn't even have played.

And yes, the debris is not there as well (but visible through the lobby doors).

The debris issue is because Wesp has removed them outside the building in some of his UP but forgot about the inside perspective. Reason?
I'm pretty tired of his UP fixing stuff that he messed up in older patches. Nowadays or more likely every patch he's been releasing is fixing the crap hes done in the previous plus adding again new bugs and stuff which is not intended, his patches are now and were always "buggy mods".
What's the newest release? 8.?.?; 9.?.? WTF I lost count (how many releases?), this is suggesting as if this game it's the most bugged game, perhaps another malkavian plot?? Laughing
My suggestion is that modder's should stop using his UP because they will have to correct all his 5 year patch mistakes and there is another patch out there which I tried out and it truly fixes things leaving the original intended game with no added/removed stuff and no new bugs. I believe its the patch from Tessa or so called True Patch, dunno why it isn't so popular, beat's me.
I'm not rly posting this here cuz of any "patch war politics" but from actually testing the stuff and the constant ""oh new release! item removed or placed in different location every damn patch, added/swapped/restored new lines same npc every damn patch"" AND I love the forum's it's been on - new fresh patch topic open = new bugs posted by community to get fixed in the next release YAY cheers
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in Club Confession (and somethign else maybe not a bug)   Dancing in Club Confession (and somethign else maybe not a bug) EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 5:13 pm

I hear what you're saying Uncle Cruncle and I wish I could publicly comment but Wesp and Planet-Vampire support TCI, our mods, and this site so I can't officially comment one way or the other. But what I can say is "yes, I hear you." Smile

Edit: Have you noticed that TFN doesn't update with his patches? And I never will.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in Club Confession (and somethign else maybe not a bug)   Dancing in Club Confession (and somethign else maybe not a bug) EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 2:43 pm

Nope, I must restrain me from commenting on Tessera and his so called "true" patch. That would bring out my "rebel without a cause" personality and end in never ending ranting.
Suffice to say that the debris issue is a TFN made bug, and nothing to do with the patch it is based on.
And AFAIK, Tessera just does not allow modders to use his stuff.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in Club Confession (and somethign else maybe not a bug)   Dancing in Club Confession (and somethign else maybe not a bug) EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 4:48 pm

I agree that I'm not a fan of how Tessera conducts his modding business, but I have to agree with Uncle about Wesp breaking things when fixing other things and then having to fix those others things just to break something else, lol. In other words, the UPs from Wesp will never stop. Smile
Back to top Go down
UncleCruncle
Ancillae
Ancillae
UncleCruncle

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in Club Confession (and somethign else maybe not a bug)   Dancing in Club Confession (and somethign else maybe not a bug) EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 5:58 pm

It's been a long history since wesp is releasing them patches from 1.4 to 8.?.? (small list here on gamersHell - it's not even half complete) and its a hell of a mess, yes the debris issues is present in one old patch and prolly removed in another. Even in the last release there is a new map, yeah pretty cool I admit but don't call it patch. I have this feeling this two ppl are feuding from old days until now but anyway too much drama for me to read and care, the only thing I care about is if their work does the job I want from a patch.
Digging up I found his site today via a steam topic discussion and his patch is available only thru his site and the guy is willing to share his work and help any modder that would ask him.
Anyhow I'm rolling TFN now with salubri and samaedi (gotten bored of skyrim open world) and whats bothering me is I can only roll this game windowed on my crappy low res monitor, nothing on teh internetz can fix my ""out of range"" monitor in full screen game.
In what file does this game force a larger resolution OR higher refresh rate than the monitor can handle?
Sh1t I'm so on topic right now Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in Club Confession (and somethign else maybe not a bug)   Dancing in Club Confession (and somethign else maybe not a bug) Empty

Back to top Go down

Dancing in Club Confession (and somethign else maybe not a bug)
Page 1 of 1