Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Changing disciplines

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gschenker
Neonate
Neonate
gschenker

Changing disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Changing disciplines   Changing disciplines EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 6:29 am

Hey community. Smile

I would like to modify a discipline in the V:tMB and I don't know how can I do it. I know that I need to coding in Python language so this will not a problem, but I don't know that exactly where can I modify the effects of Taste Of Vitae? Is there any Python script what I should edit and compile for working? I just want to make stronger this Thaumathurgical power by increasing of it's stolen blood points.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Changing disciplines   Changing disciplines EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 12:58 pm

Hi gschenker,
welcome to the forum.

Actually for the things you intend to do, you don't need python scripting. A simple text editor is enough.
Most of the discipline effects, except for sounds and particles are in traitseffects.txt, disciplinetgt###.txt (thaumaturgy is No 4), and stats.txt.
You can find all these files in the \vampire\vdata\system\ subdirectory.

- geek
Back to top Go down
gschenker
Neonate
Neonate
gschenker

PostSubject: Re: Changing disciplines   Changing disciplines EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 2:40 pm

Hey Malkav, child of Caine!

Thanks for your quick reply. Smile I will try to change "Theft of Vitae". And what about new disciplines? I mean is there no need to any Python scripting for creating totally new disciplines?

Spirit of Malkav be with you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Changing disciplines   Changing disciplines EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 5:06 pm

You cannot add completely new disciplines. Just change existing ones.

- geek
Back to top Go down
gschenker
Neonate
Neonate
gschenker

PostSubject: Re: Changing disciplines   Changing disciplines EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 3:47 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
You cannot add completely new disciplines. Just change existing ones.

- geek

Seriously? These are bad news. Sad

At least is it possible to create a modified version of an existing discipline? I mean, for example, there are two different versions of Animalism - one for clan Gangrel and one for clan Nosferatu. Theoretically, is it possible making multiple versions of a single vampire discipline?
Back to top Go down
gschenker
Neonate
Neonate
gschenker

PostSubject: Re: Changing disciplines   Changing disciplines EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 6:06 pm

I've a new problem, but it is does not binding directly to the discipline issue. Based upon Dheu's modding guide, I've successfully maked an NPC dinamically for a testing - aka "dummy" - purpose, but there was a crucial problem. Unfortunately - as Dheu's guide also has wrote about it - these dinamic NPCs are not "solid" entities, so I can't attack them, therefore, I can't use them for dummy. I need dinamic NPCs for testing my "new" - earlier created but modified by myself - disciplines upon them. I would like to modify the Blood Path of clan Tremere - at now, modified "Blood salvo" it appears I've make the "Theft of Vitae" successfully, although it should be needed some further tests. Debug with console in V:tMB is not an easy option...
Back to top Go down
gschenker
Neonate
Neonate
gschenker

PostSubject: Re: Changing disciplines   Changing disciplines EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 6:39 pm

And I have one more simple question. How can I ask from console the PC's blood level? I know from Dheu's Guide that how can I set the blood level, but I don't know how can I ask it directly from console? scratch
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Changing disciplines   Changing disciplines EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 8:42 pm

What do you need a "dummy-npc" for? Use the console command map to create a character on a combat map like the beachhouse, crackhouse, or sm_hub_2 (bloodhunt). Then equip him with the give item command, and get the stats up with either vstats or giftxp. When you're done, quicksave. And you have a testcharacter ready. One more thing. Before you do this, go to the character creation and start creating a character of the clan you need. Then reset the stats and go back to the main menue. If you by mistake created the wrong clan, vclan helps, and if you need the other sex, vgender_int is your friend.
For the bloodlevel, I'm not sure right now. And in any case, you have the bloodbar in the hud, so why do you need a console command?

- geek
Back to top Go down
gschenker
Neonate
Neonate
gschenker

PostSubject: Re: Changing disciplines   Changing disciplines EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 5:37 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
What do you need a "dummy-npc" for?

Temporarily, I just want to make a simple target for my character, because I'll able to test my modified Thaumaturgical powers upon my "dummy". I would like to check those effects of the new powers by a simple 'ent_dump "dummy"' (checking the level of damage, bloodloss and other values etc.). of the dummy. My only one problem is simple: My new dinamically created NPC neither can't be harmed nor targeted, therefore, I can't attack upon her, so I'm not able to test the effects of the new power. It's sucks. Sad

I'm making my NPC dinamically by commands like these:

Code:

// Initializing my test NPCs variable
pc=__main__.FindPlayer()
// After I walked with my PC to the NPCs position I get the actual coordinates of PC on map
loc=pc.GetOrigin()
// Creation of the predefined dummy NPC
dummy=__main__.CreateNoEntitySpawn("npc_VPedestrian", loc, (0,0,0) )
// Setting the name of the NPC
dummy.SetName("tst")
// Displays the NPC by giving of its model file
dummy.SetModel("models/character/npc/common/prostitute/prostitute_1/prostitute_1.mdl")

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Use the console command map to create a character on a combat map like the beachhouse, crackhouse, or sm_hub_2 (bloodhunt). Then equip him with the give item command, and get the stats up with either vstats or giftxp. When you're done, quicksave. And you have a testcharacter ready.

Yes, I'm already using the console command map for creating a "test chamber". At the moment, I'm using Wu Zhao's empty warehouse, but I do need create a dummy NPC for a successful testing. Additionally, because this warehouse is an Elysium area, I have changed type of area to combat zone by a 'debug_area_type "0"' console command. Do you advise for me that I should use a combat map for a "test chamber" and I should use the NPCs of this map? For example, beachhouse sounds good...

Childe of Malkav wrote:
For the bloodlevel, I'm not sure right now. And in any case, you have the bloodbar in the hud, so why do you need a console command?

Because the command 'ent_dump' exactly shows the NPCs actual blood level, but unfortunately it will not showing the PCs blood level as well. Actually, you've surely right because I don't need a console command for checking blood level. May be I'm making a trouble for myself by making overcomplicated methods?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Changing disciplines   Changing disciplines EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 12:18 pm

Using an empty map and then having to create characters for testing is overcomplicated. Use the "notarget" command so you can strike without fear of retribution.
Brian on the beachhouse map or Stan Gimble would be my first choice.
Before you actually test your discipline enter the blood command without parameters, then you know you started with 10 bloodpoints. Enough for any discipline and a margin for possible bloodgain.

When you're ready for your test-shot, save the game. Then you can avoid all the preparations for your next test. Anything you change in python or the \vdata\ files will be updated at the next map loading or gamestart. To be sure, I'd quit and restart the game. Only map changes will not be updated and can cause trouble if your character has visited this map before. So if you intend to test map changes on the beachhouse, create your character on the pier, get him ready, and save before you enter the beachhouse map. Then you can make the map changes as well.

- geek
Back to top Go down
gschenker
Neonate
Neonate
gschenker

PostSubject: Re: Changing disciplines   Changing disciplines EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 12:55 pm

Thanks for your useful advises, Childe of Malkav. I think that you're right so I'll follow all of your advises.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Changing disciplines   Changing disciplines EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 7:10 pm

Oh, another unicorn. Welcome to the forum, but keep your distance from the Tremere here. They are all too eager to send your kind to Vienna. Twisted Evil

For your question, I think I have found what to do.
Go to the \vampire\particles\ subdirectory and create the files d_auspexcast_emitter.txt and d_auspexview_emitter.txt with this content:

Particle
{
spawn //1
{ //1
particle "ash" //2
burst "0" //2

} //1

}

The numbers after the // are the indentation depth in tabs, don't include these and the // in the files.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Changing disciplines   Changing disciplines EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 8:10 pm

Well look at that, Sally's got a new friend-to-be!
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Changing disciplines   Changing disciplines EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 3:06 am

Yep, sounds pretty much like Sally when he was young and naive. Oh wait, he still is. What a Face

Fledgeling, don't be too sure about any "truths" you hear. Truth is much more subjective that most people imagine.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Changing disciplines   Changing disciplines EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 9:15 am

yuripaz wrote:

As for the tremere on the forum, the safest way its to stay away from the cookies. Do not try to eat the cookies — that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth: there are no cookies.

I dunno... I think Claud's cookies are really tasty. And low Generation... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Changing disciplines   Changing disciplines EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 6:59 am

yuripaz wrote:

@ feral, blood cookies can cause addiction, making you do weird things to get some.
https://i.servimg.com/u/f14/17/98/93/80/paz11.jpg

Better than "Will Skate For Food"... Laughing
Back to top Go down
gschenker
Neonate
Neonate
gschenker

PostSubject: Re: Changing disciplines   Changing disciplines EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 8:02 am

In V:tMB, there is a default possibility to select for your PC an alternative clan with a console command "vclan". I was trying to use this to play a game with an Inquisitor ("mp-inquisitor" template) but there is a problem after saving the game, because after reloading the game will forget all of the inquisitor's supernatural abilities. After you made it, until the next loading will you have all of these "disciplines" (mind of shield, holy light etc.), but after a realoding, those "Numina" settings will be lost. Is this problem can be resolved or it can't be? I'm afraid of the games saving process should store those Numina settings but it doesn't working for something.

Can I do something to avoid this problem?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Changing disciplines   Changing disciplines EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:20 am

Feral wrote:
yuripaz wrote:

@ feral, blood cookies can cause addiction, making you do weird things to get some.

In your case it's "Will hunt skaters for..." Laughing

gschenker, I think your problem here is that you used a multiplayer template. That probably causes conflicts when you try to save it as a singleplayer game.
And I'm not sure how the vclan command works exactly, since I have only ever used it for testing along with the map commands.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Changing disciplines   Changing disciplines EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:27 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Feral wrote:
yuripaz wrote:

In your case it's "Will hunt skaters for..." Laughing

Good idea. They are quite fast on their boards so it would make for a great chase Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Changing disciplines   Changing disciplines EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 1:58 pm

That's what I thought. Someone like you is fond of fast food Arrow

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Changing disciplines   Changing disciplines EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 3:19 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:

- geek

lol!

You know, an actual skater might get offended being associated with fast food... Athlets and same such...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Changing disciplines   Changing disciplines EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 6:08 pm

Feral wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

- geek

lol!

You know, an actual skater might get offended being associated with fast food... Athlets and same such...
Well, he is fast and you want to feed when you got him... Laughing

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing disciplines   Changing disciplines Empty

Back to top Go down

Changing disciplines
Page 1 of 1