Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Histories

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 478
Join date : 2010-10-03
Age : 25
Location : Normandy SR-2

PostSubject: Histories   Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:42 pm

One thing to say about these first, is that I don't mean them to be the usual, in that these aren't just "background" for characters. Some get a bit specific, and some even might not be to one's taste. This aside, some of the effects I am not sure of, and would certainly like some input, even on which clan or clans they should be for.

Lesbian
Description: You love women, and dammit, you don't care who knows it. You've never had the attraction to the opposite sex that society tried to drill into you. Even in high school, when you took that almost pointless sexual education class, the thought of taking nine months out of your life, looking like that, wasn't your thing.

Now that your dead, your interest lies more in blood than sex. When you feed on females, you gain more blood. However, it takes more to interact socially, given your promiscuity.
Bonus: More blood when feeding on Females.
Penalty: Raising Social costs more.
Clan: Osebo, Followers Of Set

Divine High
Description: Life is about living, right? Well, you exemplified this, although most people said that you were either wasting your life, or living in a high that wasn't really living. But what do they know? In comparison to how much you know about drugs, not much. Sure, they knew how bad the effects can be, but have they ever felt it? The indescribable feeling that has you thinking you can fly like a kite – and dammit, you wouldn't mind. Not only that, how would they know the effect it has on other things? You were into sex too, and it always was nothing short of divine. - when mixed with the right drug.

Since you died, however, this massive binge has worked in your favor. Your body isn't receptive to disease, and thus it has no problem processing dirty blood, mostly from bums and hookers. Also, you are somewhat drawn to these sorts of people, even if you can consume other sorts of blood with impunity. The only problem with this is obvious – most don't care for what you do.
Bonus: More blood from Bums and Hookers.
Penalty: Max 3 to Social Skills
Clan: Samedi
Notes: I know there is a similar history for Nosferatu, and that is likely the reason why this one can work. However, is it possible to have those with this history feed even on the sick bums, and the...let's face it, zombies in the Crackhouse, without throwing the blood back up?


Succubus
Description: They called you this all the time. They said it, and dammit, they were right. However, what they never knew, was just how right they are. Not that you were one, but you could definitely put one to shame. You knew the spell you cast on your prey, and now, it seems even worse since you stopped breathing.

Getting what you want, be it sexual or not, is easier. Not only that, you are quite smart, knowing how to maximize your intake of blood. The only side effect is that you don't have much of an interest in things that aren't sex, so fighting only goes so far.
Bonus: +2 Seduction, +1 Charisma, More blood when feeding
Penalty: Firearms and Melee Max 3
Clan: Baali, Ishtarri

I do have one more besides these, but it's the one I'm not sure if it's reception. It's somewhat aesthetic(I wouldn't mind a change in the model, but the editing aside, I don't know if the game would support that, either if the edit is possible, or if the clandoc/histories would allow it to work), in that it has a female PC have a backstory somewhat similar to Kalliyan's, although perhaps it would be more in line with(maybe I'm giving it away here), Poison from Final Fight, or Kaine from Nier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5165
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Histories   Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:28 pm

About the lesbian history, I'm not sure if the feeding bonus can be easily installed. I have found a complete list of the possible bonusses, and that only includes a bonus for the opposite sex. And after some tests, I'm not even sure if that one works right.

I don't think feeding on diseased bums or the crackhouse zombies can be achieved for one history only. AFAIK it's part of the character template, and I don't think that can be changed by a history.

For a different model/skin, that should be possible. But I'm not sure if it would show up on the character editor as well or on the normal maps only.

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragatus
Caine
Caine


Posts : 2151
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Histories   Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:12 pm

Histories can be tricky to balance. The main issue is that players can pick a history with a penalty that doesn't hurt them.

For example if you want to play a melee character then a history with a penalty that limits your Firearms is actually a free bonus because you weren't going to use guns anyway.

This is why I believe that all histories should give you a penalty to something that every character needs: blood, Humanity, Frenzy checks, defenses, and experience.

The bonus on the other hand can be anything. The players will make sure themselves that the bonus they get is useful to their characters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5165
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Histories   Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:57 pm

Dragatus, if you see it this way, even simple things as a stat-swapper are a problem, because players will chose one that gives more starting points to a group of stats they want and less to one they don't need.
I'd say if you keep the advantage small enough, a disadvantage that doesn't hurt is no problem. Too bad that you can't get the full description on the info sheet of the chareditor. That would be better than just the short description for role-playing purposes.

- geek


_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 478
Join date : 2010-10-03
Age : 25
Location : Normandy SR-2

PostSubject: Re: Histories   Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:35 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
About the lesbian history, I'm not sure if the feeding bonus can be easily installed. I have found a complete list of the possible bonusses, and that only includes a bonus for the opposite sex. And after some tests, I'm not even sure if that one works right.

I've had this in the traiteffects file for it:

Code:

                TraitEffect
           {
            "Trait"   "BloodPool"
            "Modifier"   "+4"
           } 
                          TraitEffect
           {
            "Trait"   "Fx_Feed_Bonus_Opp_Gender"
            "Modifier"   "-3"
           }
I'm not sure if it works correctly, or if you've tried this yourself.

Childe of Malkav wrote:

For a different model/skin, that should be possible. But I'm not sure if it would show up on the character editor as well or on the normal maps only.

Well, it would be a subtle change anyway, and not likely to get anywhere close to some of the mods for Skyrim and Oblivion. I wouldn't want it to necessitate a manual change of the models, if one wants to use the history.

Dragatus wrote:

This is why I believe that all histories should give you a penalty to something that every character needs: blood, Humanity, Frenzy checks, defenses, and experience.

The bonus on the other hand can be anything. The players will make sure themselves that the bonus they get is useful to their characters.

For some, this works easily, but for others, it doesn't. But I do get it. Like choosing the "Completely Batshit" history for a Malkavian, and barely using obfuscate, except when necessary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5165
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Histories   Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:31 pm

If I understand the examples and comments for histories with "Fx_Feed_Bonus_Opp_Gender" right, that works like a boolean variable. So you have to activate the feature using modifier +1. And then it will limit any other feeding bonus or malus to the opposite gender. But I have never made extensive tests on these things.

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Histories   Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:04 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
I'd say if you keep the advantage small enough, a disadvantage that doesn't hurt is no problem. Too bad that you can't get the full description on the info sheet of the chareditor. That would be better than just the short description for role-playing purposes.

I have to agree here which is why I started out TFN with just stat swappers. I would like to expand the histories for TFN 1.2 but need to be careful that the advantage or disadvantage aren't too powerful in either direction. Maybe something small like Physical traits costing more and Social traits costing less. I don't want to give out any +1s to disciplines or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Dragatus
Caine
Caine


Posts : 2151
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Histories   Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:31 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Dragatus, if you see it this way, even simple things as a stat-swapper are a problem, because players will chose one that gives more starting points to a group of stats they want and less to one they don't need.
I'd say if you keep the advantage small enough, a disadvantage that doesn't hurt is no problem.

You make a good point. The measure I would use is that histories should be balanced so that taking no history at all should be a viable choice.

Zer0Morph wrote:
I have to agree here which is why I started out TFN with just stat swappers. I would like to expand the histories for TFN 1.2 but need to be careful that the advantage or disadvantage aren't too powerful in either direction. Maybe something small like Physical traits costing more and Social traits costing less. I don't want to give out any +1s to disciplines or anything like that.

If you're going to make one group of attributes cheaper, you should IMO make both other groups more expensive. Otherwise you're effectively just giving players free exp.

For example let's say a history makes physical 25% cheaper and social 25% more expensive, but mental is unchanaged. If the player upgrades all nine attributes to 3 dots it will balance itself out. But when they upgrade their physical attributes further they'll be saving exp each time. So effectively that's like giving out free exp.

Well, to be precise it's a bit more complex because the player probably started with 2 free points in physical and no free points in social. However, they would balance out when the player upgrades their first physical attribute to 4 and from there on it's just saving exp. Not to mention that the player with such a history would be higly unlikely to improve all social attibutes to 3 in the first place. Maybe two (for example if they want a little Persuasion and Haggle), but definately not all three.

The problem I have with that is that if you have 3 such histories (one to make each group of attributes cheaper), it will become optimal for players to always take one of these over taking no history at all and I feel that taking no history at all should be a viable option.

I think that histories should be mainly for RP flavor so appart from stat swappers they should make the chaarcter a little weaker than normal overall, but better at that one thing that's important for your RP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 726
Join date : 2012-10-06
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Histories   Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:01 am

Gentle yet Meek - You are practically the closest anyone can get to a real life "Good Guy Greg". Holding doors open for people, Helping Old ladies across the street, even shaking the hand of your Ex-Girlfriend's new boyfriend and wishing them luck. However, this innocence has left you open for abuse from those wanting to benefit from your actions.

Fortunately, it seems that your kind personality has gotten the right kind of attention, to be embraced within the noblest of clans. Unfortunately, the same clan has been horribly derided for their kindness, and as such, your ability to defend yourself has been lessened as well.

Clans: Salubri

Benefits: Obeah and Charisma +1 and both cost less to raise.

Penalties: -1 to all soak feats, Fortitude costs more to raise.


Despair Driven - "What lives past the veil of death?" "What worth do I hold in this life?" "Am I worthy for something better?"
These questions you have asked yourself in your head countless times, but at all times are unanswered. In unlife, it appears to have answered that life does continue after death, and you make more leeway Thanantopsis than others in your clan could, almost bordering on the Giovanni's Necromancy. However, your insecurities have rotted your body as much as they have rotted your mind, as well as giving you distrust in the discipline Fortitude.

Clans: Samedi

Benefits: Thanatopsis effects last longer, Obfuscate and Rhetoric +1

Penalties: -1 to all soak feats, Fortitude cost more to raise.

Noble Demon - In life, who can say who you are? Your antisocial outlook has left you out of drama and into worlds of fantasy. However, being on the outside looking in, you almost see the with rage every time a person makes a decision based on their passions; Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy, Vanity. Being an outcast has also gifted you with knowledge on trivial matters, such as the 72 Demons of the Ars Goetia...but that triviality ended with your embrace.

Your hold of right and wrong as well as understandence has allowed you to use Daimonion without damning yourself because "the end justifies the means". However, you're almost audibly creepy (what with communing with Demons of all things) and socially awkward a mile away, and the fact that you were antisocial in life doesn't help at all.

Clans: Baali

Benefits: Daimonion hurts other supernaturals and faithful at least half as much more than it should, Obfuscate costs less to raise and Daimonion +1

Penalty: Social Attributes and Presence cost more to raise.

Beauty and the Dead Let's face it. If your sire was a Nosferatu, you'd be referred to as a Cleopatra. However, since you're a Samedi, and a suicidal pretty person, they saw no harm in it. Your once beautiful face, now in decay. In unlife, this has both blessed you and cursed you.

Clans: Samedi

Benefits: Have to get closer to people before they run away from your rotting visage.

Penalties: Obfuscate costs more to raise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragatus
Caine
Caine


Posts : 2151
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Histories   Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:54 am

I dislike the trait effects on the Soulsucker's suggestions for reasons mentioned in my previous posts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karavolos
megalomaniac


Posts : 2305
Join date : 2011-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Histories   Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:57 am

I dislike the Noble Demon and fail to see what Fortitude has to do with Despair Driven.
Also the Samedi discipline is called "Thanatosis".

But I like the other 2 suggestions, and think that the DD isn't bad, just fail to see how Fortitude plays into it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Histories   Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:47 pm

Saulot,

Those are very strong merits/flaws, a little too strong for my vision with TFN. I wanted to keep the merit/flaws toned down as to not give too much of a bonus or a penalty, but more for roleplaying purposes and a sense of pre-death identity. Also, the last one about the Samedi getting closer to people is technologically impossible unfortunately. I've been experimenting with that plenty recently and have not found how to increase/decrease the range that people get afraid and run off.

I do appreciate your effort however, keep it up! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5165
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Histories   Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:22 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Saulot,

Those are very strong merits/flaws, a little too strong for my vision with TFN. I wanted to keep the merit/flaws toned down as to not give too much of a bonus or a penalty, but more for roleplaying purposes and a sense of pre-death identity. Also, the last one about the Samedi getting closer to people is technologically impossible unfortunately. I've been experimenting with that plenty recently and have not found how to increase/decrease the range that people get afraid and run off.

I do appreciate your effort however, keep it up! Smile
This wouldn't be any help for Unicorns history, but if you whish for an extended fear (and possibly masquerade) radius, a simple python script might do the trick. For Samedi, there is the olfactory presence as well as the visual component of their appearence. So a direct line of sight isn't that important... This said, check for any human in a certain range around the corpse, and set their disposition to fear, perhaps along with a chance for a masquerade violation. Then just call it by one of the existing timers on every map where you need it. Especially the hubs.
If you want, I can script something for you.

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Histories   Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:41 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
This wouldn't be any help for Unicorns history, but if you whish for an extended fear (and possibly masquerade) radius, a simple python script might do the trick. For Samedi, there is the olfactory presence as well as the visual component of their appearence. So a direct line of sight isn't that important... This said, check for any human in a certain range around the corpse, and set their disposition to fear, perhaps along with a chance for a masquerade violation. Then just call it by one of the existing timers on every map where you need it. Especially the hubs.
If you want, I can script something for you.

- geek

Yes, please do. I've been working on my own thing too for the Samedi but yours may be better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5165
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Histories   Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:05 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
This wouldn't be any help for Unicorns history, but if you whish for an extended fear (and possibly masquerade) radius, a simple python script might do the trick. For Samedi, there is the olfactory presence as well as the visual component of their appearence. So a direct line of sight isn't that important... This said, check for any human in a certain range around the corpse, and set their disposition to fear, perhaps along with a chance for a masquerade violation. Then just call it by one of the existing timers on every map where you need it. Especially the hubs.
If you want, I can script something for you.

- geek

Yes, please do. I've been working on my own thing too for the Samedi but yours may be better.
Ok. Expect my email sometime tomorrow. Now it's bedtime for me...

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Histories   Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:43 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Ok. Expect my email sometime tomorrow. Now it's bedtime for me...

- geek

Wait, before you go, I have to warn you first that I'm really liking the new Samedi Violation system I'm making so there is a good chance that I won't use your script. I wanted to tell you that before you took the time to make it, so you have the choice. If it's going to be more than a quick little couple minute thing, then please don't do it because I don't want to waste your time. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5165
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Histories   Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:24 am

Too late for the warning. It's on the way...

But never mind, scripting it was fun anyway. You know, I'm the (re)born snake charmer Laughing

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1982
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 34
Location : near Prague

PostSubject: Re: Histories   Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:59 pm

Dragatus wrote:
For example let's say a history makes physical 25% cheaper and social 25% more expensive, but mental is unchanaged. If the player upgrades all nine attributes to 3 dots it will balance itself out. But when they upgrade their physical attributes further they'll be saving exp each time. So effectively that's like giving out free exp.
Maybe it's just the power gamer talking, but I don't see a problem here. You're just taking advantage of... your... advantage... You're black, so you're stronger, but no one will hire you, so you work as a bouncer and moonlight as a thug. I see your point, but I disagree Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 478
Join date : 2010-10-03
Age : 25
Location : Normandy SR-2

PostSubject: Re: Histories   Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:12 am

Maybe this is just to get it out there, but I did write these histories some time ago, all of them for the Setites, although some of them might work for other clans. Though with some of them I'm not sure what the effects should be.

Envoy Of The Snake:
As a Vampire, you have a certain kinship with the Snakes, along with other species of animals, and gain a certain bonus to your Serpentis discipline(duration\power increase).

Dark Heart:
You know much about death, and caused it a lot while you were breathing – making many other people stop. Why? Maybe you saw something that broke your pleasant world, and decided that you would be like the Serial killers in the movies – where your victims were there, only because you were going to kill them. You saw the world as your playground, full of meaningless lives, that you would eventually get around to snuffing out. Worthless bastards.

Since you now need blood from your victims, you gain an +1 blood points every time you feed. Also, because of your knowledge of the human body(which is not to say you are as good as mortician), you get a 1+ bonus to Strength and Melee(skill).

Venomous Fangs:
Fascinating creatures, Snakes. Some breeds can inject poison when they bite, which makes it much easier for them to incapacitate their victims. Ranging from paralyzing to putting an animal to sleep, you've always admired this.

Unfortunately, you have this ability as a Vampire. You run a certain risk when feeding on humans, either that you will kill them much quicker(and thus gain much less blood), or you will gain -3 blood points. On lowborn or already sickly humans, you might just kill them instantly. On other Vampires or other Supernatural creatures, the venom does not affect them. This does not effect feeding from IV bags or other sources of blood that does not involve biting. Rats are out of the question as well, since the poison instantly kills them. (Can't say I know if this is even possible, but meh, it is a nice idea)

Egyptian Otaku:
Maybe you were a sort of 'New Age' teen that didn't quite go for what everyone else was, growing up watching things that they wouldn't even consider. But at some point, rather than watching Anime(which brought you to this level of fanaticism), you went for learning whatever you could about Ancient Egypt, along with watching or reading anything that was even remotely related to it. You could consider this a fanatical thing, though you really consider it perfectly normal, even if your friends and co-workers, disagreed.

You gain a bonus to Obfuscate and Serpentis, but are rather unsure of Presence, and thus you must spend a little more experience to master it. You also require more to raise your social skills, as that TV or computer you were using never really answered back very much(at least not how you would've liked).

Occultist:
You know, and you know all too well. People like you are never really accepted, mostly because you know things that most will never seek to know, and you act like you are from a different time. Perhaps you might wish, at least a little, that things were more like certain era's in history, but these fantasies become short lived – only because you are also too used to the modern world.

Nothing:
You were never the type to be outgoing, at least when you had the option. In any case, you were just the guy or girl in the background, never really going out of your way to put on a show. Even when you started work, you just took the job, and did it the best you could. Never late, never annoying, and generally just the one to be fun, but never the entertainment. But somehow, you still got involved with the unusual one in either a bar, club, or Theater one night, and ended up dead, even though you still woke up the next evening.

Thanks to your willingness to stay part of the crowd, or just in the shadows, you gain a duration bonus of 20% to Obfuscate, as well as a +1 bonus to Stealth.

Mortician
You have a certain, infatuation, with the human body. Discovering this after the required Medical school, you kept yourself in the bowels of the hospital, your only company, nothing more than lost lives. Trouble is, you never gave a damn how they died. Their remains where yours to play with, even though it was simply work to those who saw you doing it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5165
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Histories   Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:22 pm

Maxus Corvin wrote:
Maybe this is just to get it out there, but I did write these histories some time ago, all of them for the Setites, although some of them might work for other clans. Though with some of them I'm not sure what the effects should be.

Envoy Of The Snake:
As a Vampire, you have a certain kinship with the Snakes, along with other species of animals, and gain a certain bonus to your Serpentis discipline(duration\power increase).
As a penalty, I'd suggest: This affinity to snakes also gave you a certain hiss when talking, resulting in a malus on persuasion and/or seduction.
all of this is easy to code

Quote :
Dark Heart:
You know much about death, and caused it a lot while you were breathing – making many other people stop. Why? Maybe you saw something that broke your pleasant world, and decided that you would be like the Serial killers in the movies – where your victims were there, only because you were going to kill them. You saw the world as your playground, full of meaningless lives, that you would eventually get around to snuffing out. Worthless bastards.

Since you now need blood from your victims, you gain an +1 blood points every time you feed. Also, because of your knowledge of the human body(which is not to say you are as good as mortician), you get a 1+ bonus to Strength and Melee(skill).
I'd rather suggest a bonus on unarmed, because it makes combat-feeding easier. As a penalty, maybe you have absolutely no empathy, so you can't seduce-feed. You are forced to hunt and therefore run a greater risk of masquerade violations.
also easy to code

Quote :
Venomous Fangs:
Fascinating creatures, Snakes. Some breeds can inject poison when they bite, which makes it much easier for them to incapacitate their victims. Ranging from paralyzing to putting an animal to sleep, you've always admired this.

Unfortunately, you have this ability as a Vampire. You run a certain risk when feeding on humans, either that you will kill them much quicker(and thus gain much less blood), or you will gain -3 blood points. On lowborn or already sickly humans, you might just kill them instantly. On other Vampires or other Supernatural creatures, the venom does not affect them. This does not effect feeding from IV bags or other sources of blood that does not involve biting. Rats are out of the question as well, since the poison instantly kills them. (Can't say I know if this is even possible, but meh, it is a nice idea)
no idea for a good bonus on this one, as another bonus to unarmed and/or melee would be a bit boring...
not sure how to implement it on the character, but writing a script for a chance on instant kills isn't too hard

Quote :
Egyptian Otaku:
Maybe you were a sort of 'New Age' teen that didn't quite go for what everyone else was, growing up watching things that they wouldn't even consider. But at some point, rather than watching Anime(which brought you to this level of fanaticism), you went for learning whatever you could about Ancient Egypt, along with watching or reading anything that was even remotely related to it. You could consider this a fanatical thing, though you really consider it perfectly normal, even if your friends and co-workers, disagreed.

You gain a bonus to Obfuscate and Serpentis, but are rather unsure of Presence, and thus you must spend a little more experience to master it. You also require more to raise your social skills, as that TV or computer you were using never really answered back very much(at least not how you would've liked).
Hm, not sure why extended knowledge on ancient Egypt would give better obfuscate...

Quote :
Occultist:
You know, and you know all too well. People like you are never really accepted, mostly because you know things that most will never seek to know, and you act like you are from a different time. Perhaps you might wish, at least a little, that things were more like certain era's in history, but these fantasies become short lived – only because you are also too used to the modern world.
no idea on this one.

Quote :
Nothing:
You were never the type to be outgoing, at least when you had the option. In any case, you were just the guy or girl in the background, never really going out of your way to put on a show. Even when you started work, you just took the job, and did it the best you could. Never late, never annoying, and generally just the one to be fun, but never the entertainment. But somehow, you still got involved with the unusual one in either a bar, club, or Theater one night, and ended up dead, even though you still woke up the next evening.

Thanks to your willingness to stay part of the crowd, or just in the shadows, you gain a duration bonus of 20% to Obfuscate, as well as a +1 bonus to Stealth.
to be compensated by a duration penalty on Presence.

Quote :
Mortician
You have a certain, infatuation, with the human body. Discovering this after the required Medical school, you kept yourself in the bowels of the hospital, your only company, nothing more than lost lives. Trouble is, you never gave a damn how they died. Their remains where yours to play with, even though it was simply work to those who saw you doing it.

no idea...scratch 

-geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 478
Join date : 2010-10-03
Age : 25
Location : Normandy SR-2

PostSubject: Re: Histories   Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:17 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:

Maxus Corvin wrote:

Envoy Of The Snake:
As a Vampire, you have a certain kinship with the Snakes, along with other species of animals, and gain a certain bonus to your Serpentis discipline(duration\power increase).
As a penalty, I'd suggest: This affinity to snakes also gave you a certain hiss when talking, resulting in a malus on persuasion and/or seduction.
all of this is easy to code
Added a bit more flavor text, and the penalty.

Quote :
Dogs, cats, birds, hamsters. All of these you really didn't like. Too much fur, and far too dependent for your liking. However, the animal that attracted you the most, was the snake. Every visit to the Zoo had you nearly running to the Reptile House, just to immerse yourself in the coldness, to stand among these creatures – here you felt most at home.

As a Vampire, you have a certain kinship with the Snakes, along with other species of animals, and gain a certain bonus to your Serpentis discipline(duration\power increase). However, you also find yourself with a problem – like the snakes you adore so much, some, if not all of the words you speak are shadowed by a hiss, which is not very obvious, even if you know you are doing it. As such, you find it more difficult to talk your way in and out of things(since that hiss does nothing to help your cause), and you also find it a more complex affair to wine and dine your prey.
Quote :
Quote :
Dark Heart:
You know much about death, and caused it a lot while you were breathing – making many other people stop. Why? Maybe you saw something that broke your pleasant world, and decided that you would be like the Serial killers in the movies – where your victims were there, only because you were going to kill them. You saw the world as your playground, full of meaningless lives, that you would eventually get around to snuffing out. Worthless bastards.

Since you now need blood from your victims, you gain an +1 blood points every time you feed. Also, because of your knowledge of the human body(which is not to say you are as good as mortician), you get a 1+ bonus to Strength and Melee(skill).
I'd rather suggest a bonus on unarmed, because it makes combat-feeding easier. As a penalty, maybe you have absolutely no empathy, so you can't seduce-feed. You are forced to hunt and therefore run a greater risk of masquerade violations.
also easy to code
Just added a bit more to the effects. Might be a bit much...

Quote :
Since you now need blood from your victims, you gain an +1 blood points every time you feed. Also, because of your knowledge of the human body(which is not to say you are as good as mortician), you get a 1+ bonus to unarmed. With this, comes a hefty price – you don't care about being humane. As such, you have a maximum of 7 humanity, and you cannot use seduction to feed on your prey, you must take the blood forcibly.
Quote :
Quote :
Egyptian Otaku:
Maybe you were a sort of 'New Age' teen that didn't quite go for what everyone else was, growing up watching things that they wouldn't even consider. But at some point, rather than watching Anime(which brought you to this level of fanaticism), you went for learning whatever you could about Ancient Egypt, along with watching or reading anything that was even remotely related to it. You could consider this a fanatical thing, though you really consider it perfectly normal, even if your friends and co-workers, disagreed.

You gain a bonus to Obfuscate and Serpentis, but are rather unsure of Presence, and thus you must spend a little more experience to master it. You also require more to raise your social skills, as that TV or computer you were using never really answered back very much(at least not how you would've liked).
Hm, not sure why extended knowledge on ancient Egypt would give better obfuscate...
This might be better, but perhaps it should only be one that gets the duration decrease?

Quote :
You gain a bonus to Serpentis, but are rather unsure of Presence and Obfuscate, thus you must spend a little more experience to master these disciplines. You also require more to raise your social skills, as that TV or computer you were using never really answered back very much(at least not how you would've liked).
Quote :
Quote :
Nothing:
You were never the type to be outgoing, at least when you had the option. In any case, you were just the guy or girl in the background, never really going out of your way to put on a show. Even when you started work, you just took the job, and did it the best you could. Never late, never annoying, and generally just the one to be fun, but never the entertainment. But somehow, you still got involved with the unusual one in either a bar, club, or Theater one night, and ended up dead, even though you still woke up the next evening.

Thanks to your willingness to stay part of the crowd, or just in the shadows, you gain a duration bonus of 20% to Obfuscate, as well as a +1 bonus to Stealth.
to be compensated by a duration penalty on Presence.
I was thinking that. Or could be more experience spent on social skills.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5165
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Histories   Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:54 pm

Hm, on second thought, there is one problem with your histories. Many of them tend to get you problems with social feats. And that's bad for a member of a clan with the ultimate goal of corrupting society, living and undead...scratch 

-geek 

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uriel
Fledgling
Fledgling


Posts : 18
Join date : 2014-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Histories   Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:08 pm

These could be interesting, and could lead to possible Clan Quests:

Demon Hunter: (Salubri)
You used to belong to the Society of Leopold, and your faith was strong... and that's why you were usually summoned when preternatural activity was reported, for hunting or exorcism... but also no one seemed to understand your insight on the weaknesses of the Damned and of the Demons, and you were usually left alone by friends, couple and even subordinates.

When you were hunting this particular Damned, he/she deemed your faith worthy and Embraced you, as he/she saw in you a hopeful defender of the Noblest Blood amongst Kindred, one who could lead them to the Final Redemption from God...

Merits: Disciplines last 20% longer as a show of your insight, your commitment to the battle and your faith.
Flaws: Subterfuge and Academics cannot be raised over 0, because Persuasion and Seduction are the tools of the Succubi and Demons... and you're here to slay them, not to act like them.

Three-inch Tongue: (Baali)
You could have been an awesome lawyer or sales manager. You had the ability of convincing others that having excrement for lunch was healthy and delicious, and you could turn any discussion to your favor, no matter if that meant that the others ended up hurt/dead by your arguments and advice. Unluckily, your time was cut short before you could develop your full potential in the commercial world.

But now, your eyes are opened. You have been offered a place in the court of Baal, and all you need to do is putting your skills to good use, so you can convince both Kindred and Kine to open their souls for Satan... and the time is proper.

Merits: Subterfuge, Intimidation and Academics are cheaper to raise; Presence lasts 20% longer. After all, you're a one-of-a-kind tempter/temptress
Flaws: Obfuscate effects last half, Stealth cannot be raised over 0. You stand out in a crowd, so you see no benefit in hiding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 478
Join date : 2010-10-03
Age : 25
Location : Normandy SR-2

PostSubject: Re: Histories   Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:04 am

Lovely that these are things that can easily give a character background - although it can quickly get annoying when the realization sets in, that trying to equate this backstory to a bonus and penalty, isn't so easy.

Baali - Arsonist
Spoiler:
 
Have to love in-jokes. Anyway, while a mental or simply just an intelligence bonus may be obvious with this, I'm not sure of the penalty. Don't think it should be social, since ideally the character would be very sociable - the "wouldn't think it was him", or "didn't think he would go that far" sort.

Salubri - Third-Eye Blind
Spoiler:
 
Good idea, perhaps, but I lack the clues for the mystery of what the stat changes for this one would be.

Ishtarri - Level Three-Resident
Spoiler:
 
Wrote this, and then looked at what is already there for the clan(in terms of the clans bonuses and penalties). Not sure if this would make playing one easier or harder, but it would push for feeding more often. Oh, as as for the additional +2 points, I was thinking it would either be the existing 'yuppie' characters, or perhaps added ones(well, not actual npcs, but background characters), that would give this extra amount of blood. But either way, the point would be to not notice the bonus blood is gained.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5165
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Histories   Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:04 am

For the arsonist, maybe a combat penalty unless you use a weapon that involves fire: torch, flamethrower, dragon breath...
Or maybe a stealth penalty because of the amounts of incendiary stuff you have to haul around in order to fulfill your passion...

The blind third eye seems to ask for a persuasion penalty. Depending on how you view the character, it can be compensated by either a bonus to intimidation, or a bonus to int, wits, or xp.

For the ishtarri history, I'd suggest a somewhat different approach to the changes: shorten the time until the next bloodloss. And since the character goes for quantity over quality, change the bums to normal blood, or even all peasants to blueblood. Maybe even the better rat feeding as used for Nosferatu. What is warranted must be decided in relation to the amount of bloodloss-increase.

geek 

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Histories   Today at 11:05 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Histories
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Porsche 996 & 997 GT3 R/S/R & Cup S Chassis Histories
» Horrible Histories Songs.
» Disciplines and histories

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: The Final Nights Forum :: Post Your Reviews and Ideas-
Jump to: