Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I have an NPC (Lufang) stuck on top of a door.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cosimo
Fledgling
Fledgling

I have an NPC (Lufang) stuck on top of a door. Empty
PostSubject: I have an NPC (Lufang) stuck on top of a door.   I have an NPC (Lufang) stuck on top of a door. EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:17 pm

Yeah, just as I said. He's on top of the door in the bathroom. He's in the perfect position so that the door doesn't open and you can't talk to him either, even if I teleport_player to him or try scaring him. What a putz. I mean how drunk did he have to get to manage that?

Anyway ... are there any console or python commands that you guys know of to move him? I'm not too knowledgeable about NPC functions yet.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: I have an NPC (Lufang) stuck on top of a door.   I have an NPC (Lufang) stuck on top of a door. EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:18 am

Reload the precedent save.. no clip through the doors, talk to him, then leave and come back inside ? :/
Back to top Go down
gschenker
Neonate
Neonate
gschenker

PostSubject: Re: I have an NPC (Lufang) stuck on top of a door.   I have an NPC (Lufang) stuck on top of a door. EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 9:33 am

There is a console command what you are looking for, but I must check it first, because I don't remember the exact name of this command. Perhaps 'npc_move' or something similar what you need it? I'll see it but this command will teleport your NPC directly to a position.
Back to top Go down
cosimo
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I have an NPC (Lufang) stuck on top of a door.   I have an NPC (Lufang) stuck on top of a door. EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Even noclip or teleport_player (the latter causing me to become the third immobile door-being) wouldn't squeeze up to him sufficiently.

Npc_move, I'll try that ... sounds perfect actually, as long as I can select him properly.

After trying various things I used a discipline that, while trances didn't work, it also SCHED_TROIKA_DISORIENTED at end (Daimonon 2) and that managed to get him to slide an inch, enough to speak *through* the door.

Thanks for the responses all.
Back to top Go down
gschenker
Neonate
Neonate
gschenker

PostSubject: Re: I have an NPC (Lufang) stuck on top of a door.   I have an NPC (Lufang) stuck on top of a door. EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 2:58 pm

It was harder a bit than I was thinkin' about, but you can make it, Cosimo.

Firstly, you must find out the name of Lufang NPC with command 'picker'. At second, you must query the needed location of Lufang to a variable and you must use the SetOrigin() method to move Lufang to his new position.

For getting coordinates of the new location, we you should use our PC by moving him to the NPC's needed position. After your PC has arrived, use this code below (rows beginning with '//' of course you must not typing):

Code:

// Initializing PCs variable
pc=FindPlayer()

// Getting the PCs coordinates at the destination point
pcloc=pc.GetOrigin()

// After you have walkin' away from destination point with your PC, let you find those details of Lufang's NPC
// and store all of its values into a new variable (note that you must set Lufangs name)
npc=FindEntityByName("Lufang")

// Setting of Lufang's new position
npc.SetOrigin(pcloc)

That's all. Unfortunately, there is no 'npc_move' command.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: I have an NPC (Lufang) stuck on top of a door.   I have an NPC (Lufang) stuck on top of a door. EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 9:24 pm

You can also get the pc's origin by using the console command cl_showpos

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: I have an NPC (Lufang) stuck on top of a door.   I have an NPC (Lufang) stuck on top of a door. EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:13 pm

cosimo wrote:
After trying various things I used a discipline that, while trances didn't work, it also SCHED_TROIKA_DISORIENTED at end (Daimonon 2) and that managed to get him to slide an inch, enough to speak *through* the door.

AND WHO SAID DAIMOINON WASN'T USEFUL!! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have an NPC (Lufang) stuck on top of a door.   I have an NPC (Lufang) stuck on top of a door. Empty

Back to top Go down

I have an NPC (Lufang) stuck on top of a door.
Page 1 of 1