Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2?

Go down 
+5
Childe of Malkav
Dragatus
aneumann01
Zer0Morph
Maxus Corvin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2? Empty
PostSubject: Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2?   Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2? EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 12:12 am

I was playing Final Nights on my new laptop tonight and as I was making my way through the ocean house, I did my usual rounds and thought it would be neat if you had the opportunity to go treasure hunting while on the hotel grounds. This was a hotel for the upper class and I'm amazed that the place was picked clean. There's nothing to find. No rings or watches or other valuables you could look for while you were there. That way you can do a little sight seeing while you're dodging paintings being thrown at you Smile I would love to see a little treasure hunting opportunities at the ocean house. Some things in the basement would make it tempting to go down there and look around. Most of the time I just jump the stairs to keep from going down there.

On a super happy note: I got VTM to actually work. I didn't know if I could since this is a 64 bit system with Windows 8. It's a little ticky but seems very stable. I was more worried about it playing on here than I was about getting my CAD software to work. LMAO Yeah I know..priorities right?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2?   Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2? EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:51 am

You know, I think this is a pretty good idea and it wouldn't be too hard to implement either. I'm sure I could place a few watches, rings, or cash around the place that appear if your inspection is high enough. And I agree, since you can jump the stair case, there's really no reason to go down there, and now there would be. I actually had another idea that's been shot down by others before, but I still want to place a few rats down in the basement. Last time I brought this up many TCI members beat me up for it, but I still like the idea. Not a ton of rats, just a few.

As far as running Bloodlines on Windows 8, I think you're the first. So it's working ok eh? Nice! Did you have to run it in compatibility mode or anything? Did the company logos (.bik files) play upon load up or were they black but with sound, like they are on Windows 7?
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2?   Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2? EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 10:10 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
I actually had another idea that's been shot down by others before, but I still want to place a few rats down in the basement. Last time I brought this up many TCI members beat me up for it, but I still like the idea. Not a ton of rats, just a few.

It does make sense to me. Actually, with how many places in the game which are old, unused places, I'm somewhat surprised Troika didn't have more rats around. Such as, in the Nosferatu warrens, or in the abandoned hospital downtown, maybe a few other such places. I wouldn't suggest Hollowbrook though, since with the Sabbat Ghouls and the "feedbag" NPC's, there should be enough chances to feed there.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2?   Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2? EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 10:12 am

I'm glad someone agrees, thanks Maxus! Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2?   Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2? EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 11:05 am

Well as far as the game playing. When I re downloaded from Gamefly and installed it, it crashed bigger that big because the "memory warning" as most ppl had trouble with on their 64 bit systems. If you run as as ADMIN with the compatibility of XP SERVICE PACK 3 it straightens up. When I installed your MOD it really perked up. For the first time in like never, I got to see all the logos in the beginning. The dialogue is a little lagged in between lines but not a big problem. I walked in to the Asylum once and heard the first track and second track playing at the same time but no game lag. That was kind of funny. LOL Windows 8 over all isn't that hard to please compatibility wise. Its about as difficult to get use to as windows 7. I don't care either way as long as I can install VMT FN, I'm okay with it but if not, then it would be a piece of junk. LOL

I'm glad you like my idea about the ocean house and I do believe I spoke up for you during the debate over rats in the basement. That would also be a reason to go down there so you can feed before you go upstairs. As I said before. There were rats in the Demwity Mansion when I was there. Haunted places not being invested with vermin is really a myth at best. Where there are bugs to eat and materials to nest, you'll find vermin. They don't fret over things that go bump in the night like we do.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2?   Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2? EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 1:24 pm

aneumann01 wrote:
Haunted places not being invested with vermin is really a myth at best.

This statement is technically true.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2?   Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2? EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 3:29 pm

I believe most of the LA rats are running up and down Hollywood Boulevard. Laughing So none left to infest the abandoned hospital or the Ocean House.

For the warrens, there are some rats in the upper levels, but I think they are too smart to live in the same place as a whole bunch of Nossies. And even if there are rats, I don't believe you could feed on them. Any form of feeding except for seduce feeding is treated as an attack by the game, and therefor forbidden in Elysium.

Oh, btw, how much is a share if I want to invest in the vermin business? Twisted Evil

- geek
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2?   Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2? EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 5:10 pm

I think there's nothing for a rat to eat in a place abandoned 50 years ago.
Now, bats... plague of insects..
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2?   Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2? EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:52 pm

Nice ideas. Take care not to over do the watches and stuff. Not to take away the focus on spooky. And a surprise hit by a vase when picking up st valuable would be appreciated Wink
Back to top Go down
Stronciy
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2?   Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 6:58 pm

I would argue, that rats would be scared of supernatural thing that haunts the place. So no sane rat would live there.
Besides the same stand for the Hollywood Warrens: these things would naturally hunt them. Instead we see hordes of rats.

In case of the Ocean House I would argue in favour of "other" mortal treasure hunters there. Like a group of people wondering around, then some of them get lost and you consume them one by one. Plus they got weapons and shoot anything that moves )))
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2?   Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:16 am

Stronciy wrote:
I would argue, that rats would be scared of supernatural thing that haunts the place. So no sane rat would live there.
Why would a rat care about these ghosts? They don't smell, they don't hunt rats. So for the rats the ghosts are of no consequence. The reason why I prefer not to have rats in the ocean house is that hunting them distracts the player from the atmosphere there.
Quote :
Besides the same stand for the Hollywood Warrens: these things would naturally hunt them. Instead we see hordes of rats.
Of course the Tzimisce creatures hunt rats, but predators living on rats can be found everywhere rats can be found. And sewers give rats everything they need. Plenty of food and water, nest building materials in abundance, small dark places to build the nests and breed the young... So nothing extrordinary there from the rats point of view.

Quote :
In case of the Ocean House I would argue in favour of "other" mortal treasure hunters there. Like a group of people wondering around, then some of them get lost and you consume them one by one. Plus they got weapons and shoot anything that moves )))
Certainly not!!! If you want that, go and play Tomb Raider.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Stronciy
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2?   Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:42 am

Some places are so vicious, that even spiders don't knit their web in there.

Quote :
Of course the Tzimisce creatures hunt rats, but predators living on rats can be found everywhere rats can be found. And sewers give rats everything they need. Plenty of food and water, nest building materials in abundance, small dark places to build the nests and breed the young... So nothing extraordinary there from the rats point of view.[/quote]

When you are living a big house and have rats that run/live between the walls, just bring a cat. They smell a cat and they calm down/leave. Tzimisce creatures are flesh-eating monsters that attack/eat anything. If I were a rat, I would live the Warrens.

Quote :
Certainly not!!! If you want that, go and play Tomb Raider.

So are you against the Abandoned Hospital as well? Because this is exactly the same scenario: a group of people for their own reasons got into a place where supernatural nests aaand they got into big trouble.

There are many episodes in game when mortal characters run around screaming because they saw something they did not expect.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2?   Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 9:12 am

Stronciy wrote:
So are you against the Abandoned Hospital as well? Because this is exactly the same scenario: a group of people for their own reasons got into a place where supernatural nests aaand they got into big trouble.

There are many episodes in game when mortal characters run around screaming because they saw something they did not expect.
I'm not against humans being in places where they shouldn't be on a principal base. But the purpose of the Ocean House is the creepy ambience, not some silly fighting/treasure hunting.
The purpose of the humans in the abandoned hospital is having a reason for the player character to investigate and find Pisha.
Next thing you suggest is having a looting party in the Hollywood mausoleum when you go for the horror tape? Rolling Eyes

- geek
Back to top Go down
mouser9169
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2?   Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 3:25 am

[quote="Childe of Malkav"]
Stronciy wrote:
the purpose of the Ocean House is the creepy ambience, not some silly fighting/treasure hunting.
The purpose of the humans in the abandoned hospital is having a reason for the player character to investigate and find Pisha.
- geek

^This

Personally, I think even Wesp's 'restoration' of the bobcat hitting the trailer when you take the key is too much too fast.
I think that was left on the cutting room floor for a reason.

That level won industry awards as it was - a true masterpiece of 'horror' in a video game.

Don't mess with a good thing that ain't broke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2?   Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2? Empty

Back to top Go down

Treasure Hunt at the Ocean House in FN 1.2?
Page 1 of 1