Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ghosts (Ocean House)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Ghosts (Ocean House)   Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:33 am

So, I was re-playing the Ocean House quest for Therese and I was thinking about the Ghosts. Basically, I was thinking that the male Ghost could stalk you more? Especially when you grab the Pendent? Ever play Slender? Have them get increasingly closer to up the scare-factor?

Or, I noticed, you can re-enter the Ocean House once you grab the Pendent and leave (As long as you don’t go back to the Sewers). How about, have the male Ghost attack you with exaggerated damage if you re-enter? Easter egg, maybe? My other idea I had is to have the female Ghost reward you somehow? Maybe give you an Artefact? Or increase some Stats? Due to learning something about Spirits and how to let them pass on?

Or maybe, a Tremere/Baali player could even somehow harm the Ghosts? Tremere using Bloody Magic, and the Baali being so-called Infernalists respectively, Maybe the Salubri or Samedi could have a calming effect on them? Just some food for thought.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts (Ocean House)   Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:34 am

In a WoD perspective, as far as the Wraith (the wife) and the Specter (the husband) are concerned, they can do nothing to the PC, and the PC can do nothing to them. They are just not in the same world. The only thing a skilled Tremere could do to a ghost would be to give it orders

I've talked a little about it here : http://vtmb-clan-quest.forumotion.net/t143-the-ocean-house

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts (Ocean House)   Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:42 am

Giovanni, Harbinger of Skulls or Nagaraja could do much more. Twisted Evil especially with the Nagaraja the doings could get... carnal. Cool Too bad we can not play those Clans and Bloodlines! And our Samedi wasn't tutored in Necromancy, either, so his magick affects only flesh, like Mortis. Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts (Ocean House)   Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:34 am

All good points by our most respected TCI members. I must admit that I like how the Fledgling's mind works. In fact I have had plans for quite some time to revisit the Ocean House Hotel in a quest given to you by Silvia Black. The intent was to uproot an ancient evil that lives in the OH Hotel who happens to be using it as a base of operations to take over Hollywood. This ancient evil is none other than a bitter old Giovanni who is responsible for the zombies rising from their graves in hollywood. Eventually you would learn that he's behind it all and you would need to confront him in the ocean house hotel. I was even thinking to go as far as this Giovanni bringing Gimble back from the dead to confront you in a second battle down in his basement. You would need to swathe your way through a sea of zombies to get into the basement to find Gimble's been changed into the undead. I was going to even give him a small amount of dialogue with a series of grunts and moans before the fight. Smile

Of course I need Silvia's voice to complete this and she's gone right now. I supposed I could buy a microphone and create a new NPC to give the quest to the PC. All of these ideas, too little time and money (mostly time).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Claudia
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts (Ocean House)   Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:53 am

Zer0 ? Wrong game Smile

VtM isn't about action and heroes, nor about saving the world. Bloodlines has action, but it's not the goal of the game per se ^^ It's not the soul of the game, which you must try and preserve :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uriel
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts (Ocean House)   Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:19 pm

I'd like to say that I actually like both the fledgling and Zer0's ideas, even when I agree with Claudia...

Certainly, the World of Darkness isn't about fighting to save the world (heroic orchestra background and a flag of any country waving in the air); but, when the Masquerade is in danger (and a zombie apocalypse is a damn good breach of the Masquerade), at least anyone should be concerned: be it Silvia Black, be it any Kindred with simple common sense. Else, necromancers aren't usually too appreciated...

Anyways, listen to this. The idea of the bitter Giovanni elder attacking with zombies to conquer Hollywood could be replanted like this: what if the Giovanni learned of Gary telling the poor PC about the sarcophagus' location after it gets stolen and decides to take over the Nosferatu warrens, making of the spooky Ocean House hotel his headquarters? (in order to not risk the Clan's stronghold).

It could be easier to create a phone call from yet another Nosferatu (or an apparition of a Toreador in the PC's haven) who, concerned about his/her clansmen's wellbeing, and kind of upset with LaCroix's obsession with the sarcophagus, decides to ask the PC for help against the zombie invasion (might re-use the warrens). It would be a two-part mission: a) take over the zombies in the streets/warrens of Hollywood, and b) take the old Giovanni at the Ocean House... It could be rewarded with any item...

Opinions on the matter can be accepted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts (Ocean House)   Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:54 am

I like it. Reuses maps and doesn't require a lot of lines of dialogue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uriel
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts (Ocean House)   Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:26 pm

Also, if my idea for the Salubri Clan Quest is accepted by Zer0 and the rest of the staff (http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com/t1528-clan-quests-for-final-nights#36079), the four new NPCs I proposed could disappear for a while (a high level of Obfuscate can have its advantages, or they could just simply be solving other stuff during this mission), so the Toreador NPC could show up in the Downtown haven. If a Salubri made the 'Malkavian Quest' in the Ocean House without 'cleaning' the satanic glyphs, the residuals could keep hurting him/her during this anti-Giovanni quest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts (Ocean House)   Today at 4:04 pm

Back to top Go down

Ghosts (Ocean House)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1