Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

changes in old quests????

Go down 
+14
Karavolos
Velvet
Voraxith
aneumann01
Cthulhu
SaulottheGentle
Nachtrae
Sio
PGM1961
Sezneg
Zer0Morph
Feral
Dragatus
Childe of Malkav
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

changes in old quests???? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: changes in old quests????   changes in old quests???? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 7:24 am

feral has a point, claudia...

think, oracular riddles?
or lewis carroll nonsense...

meanwhile...

i guess, as much as you, i don't care for reputation, or about pleasing everybody, neither i too much care about those who don't like me...
meaning, i am me, knowing that some will like me, others wont, about the former oh goodie, about the latter ah well...

you must be aware that at least zer0morph seems to like me. and get me.
that to me means a lot, who he is, what he is here, and yup the way and depth of both getting and liking...

i am not so universally detested as you seem to imply....
neither am i too surprised at non vocalized enmities...

am i lov'im or hat'im?
zer0 loves me, you hate me?

an interesting thing to be...

but, you know what?
don't jump on my throat
neither is this....

yup i could sense intense dislike
and boiling anger

but actually could find in your words constructive criticism and advice that could be considered good....

of course
it is up to me to accept it and follow it...

as for...

i already said, don't want to try to get into rpg where i am not wanted...

and
until someone with authority over this boots me off this forum...
zer0 comes to mind, so not much worried...

will go on being me...
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: changes in old quests????   changes in old quests???? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 7:27 am

glad you revised your atitude as storyteller.....

you know what?
i have read writers writing about writing...
they say, a character they created gained a life and a mind of its own, and took the plot and hence the book to directions the author hadn't originally intended....
not even writer is god that controls fate of his characters....

as a stroy teller in this RPG....
lesson?
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: changes in old quests????   changes in old quests???? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 8:31 am

As a rather odd duck in the grand scheme of Kindred politics (Gangrel-cum-Baali-cum-Gargoyle), I generally try to play peaceful and not rock the boat, as it were. But in this case, Velvet, I literally have but one possible response available to me.

changes in old quests???? - Page 3 Dafuq-10
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: changes in old quests????   changes in old quests???? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 8:56 am

I'm sorry I abused my powers but I had to prank your fangirlism to Zer0, Velvet Smile

You may change it whenever you like.
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: changes in old quests????   changes in old quests???? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 9:00 am

Claudia wrote:
I'm sorry I abused my powers but I had to prank your fangirlism to Zer0, Velvet Smile

changes in old quests???? - Page 3 Facebo10
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: changes in old quests????   changes in old quests???? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 9:45 am

Claudia wrote:

That behavior is unacceptable.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: changes in old quests????   changes in old quests???? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:13 am

Jad.3 wrote:
Claudia wrote:

Why? I like the idea of Claudia being friendly and giving away bloodcookies. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: changes in old quests????   changes in old quests???? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:01 pm

Feral wrote:
Jad.3 wrote:
Claudia wrote:

Why? I like the idea of Claudia being friendly and giving away bloodcookies. Laughing
Now I don't know whether to hit you or hug you Laughing
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: changes in old quests????   changes in old quests???? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:04 pm

Velvet wrote:
think, oracular riddles?
or lewis carroll nonsense...

Oracles should not be listened to. By the time you realize what they mean, it's too late and you can figure it out yourself. Then you just get annoyed at the oracle for not speaking plain English... well, kind of like you.

And Lewis Carroll did it better.

As for the rest: WTF, TL;DR (as usual)
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: changes in old quests????   changes in old quests???? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:10 pm

Unless you can proove you've been published and praised by the critics as a stunning author... do not compare yourself to Carroll.

Thanks PGM, you summed it up Razz
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: changes in old quests????   changes in old quests???? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 4:16 pm

Yup best example for problems with oracles is the classical: "You'll destroy a large kingdom if you attack..."
And always remember to burn any bloody big wooden horse on sight.

- geek

P.S. lots of flying bloodcookies in the air lately. *puts an old greek hoplites helmet on the head*
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: changes in old quests????   changes in old quests???? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 7:37 pm

ALL YOUR COOKIES ARE BELONG TO US!!!

Last edited by Voraxith on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: changes in old quests????   changes in old quests???? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 8:38 pm

Voraxith wrote:
THE COOKIES ARE ALL MINE!!!
Want a mine?
Auspex to break Obfuscate 10:

- geek
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: changes in old quests????   changes in old quests???? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 9:31 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Yup best example for problems with oracles is the classical: "You'll destroy a large kingdom if you attack..."

The trick is in having a small kingdom attack a large one. You will still lose the war, but at least now you get to blame the Oracle for telling you filthy lies.
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: changes in old quests????   changes in old quests???? - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 8:48 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Want a mine?
Auspex to break Obfuscate 10:

- geek

Sure! Why would I ever distrust a homicidally insane medical professional?

affraid
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: changes in old quests????   changes in old quests???? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 8:14 am

i have a story published in the section fan fiction

i pioneered the section fan fiction to publish that story here before anywhere else.

i also have stories published in FanFiction and WordPress, under different aliases
and some of them were favorite-ized by some people, and other accolades...

does that count for something?

i actually...
well, yeah, forgave you your abuse of power,
and reverted things first time....

though you mistook the whole thing with zer0...
HE started it, of sorts
don't take me for a groupie...
or, i mean, it's fully reciprocal and mutual,
not groupie fangirl blind infatuation for mod creator rock star...

gosh, i can see i have been craftful at eliciting a lot of strong negative and very vocal feelings...!!!

i miss zer0...

forgot you had adminstartive powers here....

gods,
it's hard,
love him or hate him...

i still have to check your malkavian role playing guidelines...
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: changes in old quests????   changes in old quests???? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 8:25 am

Quote :
The Malkavians are a clan of Kindred cursed with insanity. Every Malkavian is in some fashion insane; in game terms, they have at least one derangement they can never remove. They are one of the original seven clans of the Camarilla and, strangely enough, a pillar of the organization. Throughout history, the Malkavians have been the seers and oracles of the Kindred, bound by strange compulsions and insight.

Due to their inherent clan weakness, every last vampire of Malkav's blood is irredeemably insane in some form or another. Some attribute this to a curse of the blood, while other Lunatics actually call it a special blessing, a gift of insight. When a Malkavian character is created, the player must choose at least one derangement for that character at the time of the Embrace; this derangement can be temporarily fought with Willpower, but can never be permanently overcome. They are also pranksters, with their "jokes" ranging from benign to sadistic.
from white wolf wikkia on malkavian

MalkavianMalkavian

read this through, and,
from the highest authority on the subject,
you will have to agree

i am not far off in "embodying" a malkavian
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: changes in old quests????   changes in old quests???? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 8:26 am

gosh,
play the game as one,
you will see how unintelligeable their dialogue lines are!!!
i don't hold a candle on that!!!

sadly, due to that, equally prone to unwittingly fall on someone's bad side...
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: changes in old quests????   changes in old quests???? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 8:56 am

I don't know why people don't like what you write, Velvet.

Personally, I really like ellipses, I can't get enough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: changes in old quests????   changes in old quests???? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 9:04 am

Sio wrote:
I don't know why people don't like what you write, Velvet.

Personally, I really like ellipses, I can't get enough.

Is my ellipsis big enough? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: changes in old quests????   changes in old quests???? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 9:12 am

Mm. Yes. This pleases me.
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: changes in old quests????   changes in old quests???? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 6:04 pm

I am in the group of 'wtf did I just read' when I try to understand your posts. But then, since you compare your posts to some form of poetry, it's only understandable I don't get it. I don't get poerty either.

Velvet wrote:

read this through, and,
from the highest authority on the subject,
you will have to agree

i am not far off in "embodying" a malkavian
Claudia used to work as an ST for Whitewolf. I'm pretty sure she doesn't need instructions Wink

Also, the Malkavian in the Bloodlines is fun to play, but the scent of fishies just oozes off of him/her. Ever seen that attire?

Just for you Sio: ....
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: changes in old quests????   changes in old quests???? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 5:02 am

You seem to have an extra dot, but it still looks quite lovely. <3
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: changes in old quests????   changes in old quests???? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 7:35 am

That extra dot was done on purpose. A touch of extra effort to please you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: changes in old quests????   changes in old quests???? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 12:36 pm

@ sio
oh, thank you very much, sio, it's nice to hear positive feed back, someone that appreciates how i comunicate!!!
you betcha i love ellipsis, in all its (their) senses!!!!
as a portuguese, a culture whose typical music is fado and typical mood is saudade, i love the melancholic nostalgia of aposiopesis
i guess that.... believe it or not, i am someone to whom the other's identity and unique POV are sacrossant, and also a deffender of freedom of speech, i can take criticism, respect the person's POV that does not quite encompass my way of doing things, so i also love them as elliptical construction, a kind of leaving a blank for each to fill it in as best suits them.
and in a strange sense, my verbose speech instead of being the anthithesis of an ellipsis in the narrative sense, paradoxically ends up being just that, think ellipsis as narrative device in movies, the vague apparently disconnected succession of images and soundtrack that evokes a meaning by glossing over it....
i might even use verb phrase ellispsis now and then, once again for each one who reads it to fill in the gaps in his own unique ways...

@ Voraxith
hmm i guess you took ellipsis to its minimal common denominator...

@ sio
you really must adore ellipsis, by being tickled by voraxith's one...

@ Nachtrae
Quote :
I am in the group of 'wtf did I just read' when I try to understand your posts. But then, since you compare your posts to some form of poetry, it's only understandable I don't get it. I don't get poerty either.
you also have a point, i guess i AM a poet, so much so that even in a forum such as this where almost scientific... dryness would be called for, i can't help wax lyrically and gloss poetically on the meanings i am trying to convey, indeed i end up writing in what probably deserves to be labelled poetic prose...
i would venture that people like you and probably claudia have that... scientific pragmatism of language point of view, so that my poetic glosses end up being unintelligeable to them...

as regarding
Quote :
Claudia used to work as an ST for Whitewolf. I'm pretty sure she doesn't need instructions
gosh i guess then i should retract a lot of things i told her, and take more seriously and pay more attention to her role playing advices!!!
but, at what level did she storytell for white wolf??? professionally? well as professional as one can be when it comes to that, storytelling for role play sessions sanctioned by white wolf itself???
gosh, if that is so, regardless of all the antagonism that has fermented between me and her, she will become one of my heroines!!!!
(oh and claudia, don't take this as fangirlish or boot licking to fall on your good side:
as i said over and over again.... no matter how intelligeably or not, whatever i say i only say because i mean it, not to provoke and/or obtain a reaction from others. we can remain as antagonistic as you will like to, but i have the utmost respect for such a thing as a storyteller storytelling for white wolf sanctioned / organized role play sessions, and if your story telling earned you that, then you deserve the respect owed that.)

and as for:
Quote :
Also, the Malkavian in the Bloodlines is fun to play, but the scent of fishies just oozes off of him/her. Ever seen that attire?
you have a point once again. more than one.
on the page i linked to to justify my position there was the admonition on the perils incubent on playing a malkavian, i should have checked my sources better, it did mention "fish-malks", and, yup, i would agree with you, they did go slightly overboard, well into fishmalk territory...
unfortunately... that is PRECISELY the reason i love to play them so much!!!!
you know what? even though i was aware of cautionary advices against playing a malkavian as your first character clan, because their fishiness might make their dialogue options unintelligible to the person that was playing them, still i did that, the very first time i played bloodlines i played a malk, and i aced it!!!
oh... once again claiming nationalistic biases... my country as as much maritime boundary as earthy one, the land portion of our border has the same length as our coast, and fish is very much our local cuisine...
i guess i have to claim an affinity for all things fishing, regrettably down to and including fishmalks...

oh and on
Quote :
Just for you Sio: ....
and subsequent conversation....
gods i am being a busybody meddler!!!!
but its nice to see other people going the extra mile, not necessarily to please but as expression, stemming from, affection...
and i guess now sio understands what i feel for zer0morph, her reaction to nachtrae implies that...

EDIT

it crossed my mind afterwords
call it stairwell syndrome...

it is my understanding that bloodlines became canonical,
so influential that the whole VtM universe had to rework itself around it...

wouldn't that imply...
Wink Razz

playing malkavians as fishmalks would become THE way, the one and only right way to play a malkavian, even in PnP and other such incarnations??? the canonical way to play a malkavian??

i say this tongue in cheek,
but....
as with a lot of my humor,
slightly serious...
as in
even something for claudia herself to chew and mull on....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: changes in old quests????   changes in old quests???? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

changes in old quests????
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next