Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disciplines and histories

Go down 
+5
SaulottheGentle
Claudia
Karavolos
Feral
Childe of Malkav
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Disciplines and histories - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 5:43 pm

Sure, Vicissitude would be nice to have, but I fear we couldn't do it justice within the limits of what the game can do. IMO it's better to leave it out enitrely. Same for Obtenebration.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 5:45 pm

Criticism is supposed to be creative Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 5:49 pm

Auspex, Animalism and Dominate for the old tzimisce, but they've got nothing to do in bloodlines anyway (I ranted on the Antitribu thread on PV on that shit)
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 5:55 pm

Hmm, well, I feel like adding in Setites or Assamites would offend Zero. So maybe Giovanni or Ravnos? The only problem with these are the idea of them.
Ravnos with their Chimerstry. The only hard thing would be Chimerstry itself?

And then there's the Giovanni. I suppose they would pose a problem not only with Necromancy, but with how they'll play with the Giovanni Mansion.

I still stand by my idea for Tremere antitribu and Dark Thaumaturgy.
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 8:05 am

I vote Lhiannon be added as a Bloodline, and we add Ogham as a new Discipline! Razz
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 2:34 pm

Giovanni? Sired outside the family? The prince would probably discreetly hand you and your sire over to unle Bruno. And there is always room for another zombie in the crypt...

Tzimisce or Ravnos sounds cool, but the disciplines are a tough cookie.

I'd love to do a Lasombra, but that doesn't only mean getting a convincing Obtenebration, but also some good way to implement the clan weakness.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 2:44 pm

If you're doing the Ravnos, have her use Dementation instead of Chimestry. It's quite similar.

The Lasombra flaw.. Hm. Maybe only being able to feed from the opposite gender ? Since obviously, the mirrors can't happen.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 2:46 pm

Heresy on the Dementation Ravnos.

As for the Lasombra, maybe you can make something of one of these?
http://reference.l2fury.com/index.php?title=Category:Lasombra_Merits_and_Flaws
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 2:49 pm

Well chimestry and Dementation kinda work the same : fucking with people's minds
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 2:51 pm

Should still do something new for Chimerstry instead of just copy pasting the name over Dementation, if that's what you have in mind I'd say don't even bother making the Ravnos.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 3:02 pm

Hm, that would be a very severe hindrance for female non hunting characters since all the prostitutes and nealy all of the blooddolls are female.
Also I don't like the feeding restrictions for more than one clan. I'd prefer making different feeding limitations as Ventrue histories.
Perhaps one that allows you to drink only blood you have paid for, with a haggling bonus as the positive side of the history.

I'm also thinking of a callboy/girl history that allows you to get blood from your clients, and get paid for your "service" as well. But that calls for a strong penalty.

- geek
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 4:35 pm

Claudia wrote:
Well chimestry and Dementation kinda work the same : fucking with people's minds

Not really. I can admit that Chimerstry and Dementation end effects are somewhat the same, but the difference is major.

Chimerstry creates illusions, makes things to seem like magic. A magician's saying is "The art of magic isnt to learning it, but to making others to believe it to be so." Makes more sense to the Ravnos stereotype towards Tremere and how Chimerstry is based around illusions, the base of magicians. And adds some reality to it too (no pun intended),Chimerstry at higher levels can bend reality to the users whims.

Dementation however is somewhat the same in end effects. However, to say it works like Chimerstry or, like noted somewhere else on the board, "a twisted Dominate" is outright absurd. Dementation simply pokes into the person's mind, allowing it's user to open or close doors of the affected's subconcious. Dementation at lower levels simply pokes at primal instincts, like lust, fear and anger. However, at higher levels, it can be used to rearrange a person's state of mind, how they are and what they can become. In essence, Dementation can't be used as a ticket to the kings throne or to change what is, but it is used to change how one sees things.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 4:42 pm

It's like seeing the puppy you've been raising since childhood go head-to-head with a wolf to loyally protect you.
They grow up so fast, and my pride rises by the day Sad
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:51 pm

Lasombra: more dmg from fire?
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:52 pm

Makes sense to me.
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 1:05 pm

And more damage from Bullets? (If sparks/gunpowder can be counted as such).
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 1:26 pm

Bullets 'r' Bashing.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 1:30 pm

Yepe, Lethal treated as Bashing by kindred
More damage by fire and steam ?
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 1:31 pm

Makes sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 1:32 pm

Oh my god, I just had the weirdest deja-vu!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 7:36 pm

For Lasombra perhaps a chance for a masquerade violation if you're near a window in populated areas.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sezneg
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:15 am

Claudia wrote:
Yepe, Lethal treated as Bashing by kindred
More damage by fire and steam ?

Would make the ocean house hotel quite a problem...
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 1:45 pm

It's not that hard to avoid taking damage from the steam in there, just sneak under it.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:23 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
For Lasombra perhaps a chance for a masquerade violation if you're near a window in populated areas.

- geek
And how would you program that.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:24 pm

If you could though, that would pretty much nail to for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Disciplines and histories
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next