Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forever Knight

Go down 
+12
Feral
Bloodstone
Nosferatu's Childe
Karavolos
Duncan.Oliver
Claudia
Dragatus
Childe of Malkav
ThePhilosopher
YamiRaziel
Maxus Corvin
Shabutaro
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Forever Knight - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forever Knight   Forever Knight - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 11:45 am

But it's so more expensive Smile They didn't have the means to do it all the time ^^
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Forever Knight   Forever Knight - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:14 pm

I only watched the first episode of Kindred, but I didn't like it very much. The Gangrel were more like Brujah, the Brujah were Ventrue wannabes, and the cop annoyed me. I did like the prince though.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Forever Knight   Forever Knight - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:53 pm

Well it was very very mid-90's, with everything that's implied. The lack of Malks and Tremere is also a long sigh, but the Nosferatu was creepy and awesome.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Forever Knight   Forever Knight - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:10 pm

I found the Nosferatu were a bit disappointing since they looked too human.
I didn't hold that against the show tho since ye, it's old.
Back to top Go down
Nosferatu's Childe
Elder
Elder
Nosferatu's Childe

PostSubject: Re: Forever Knight   Forever Knight - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 6:13 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Nosferatu's Childe wrote:
Leave it to a malkavian to know twisted ways of killing.
I didn't invent them.
Crucifixion is mostly a roman (Ventrue) specialty while impaling is best known from Vlad the impaler (Tzimisce) 

They might have invented them but you seem to be familiar with them,

I guess they took their inspiration from count Orlock more than they did from VtM when making the Nosferatu, they were still cool though, and pretty menacing.
I understand why they allowed daywalking, but to me it still looks weird seeing a vampire in broad daylight without burning.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Forever Knight   Forever Knight - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 1:18 am

Well, I recall that Dracula walked in daylight a couple of times in the Bram Stoker novel (Ex.: Chapter 13; Jonathan Harker is back in London with Mina, and he freaks out when he sees the Count walking down Picadilly in the daytime.) Someone asked me for the chapter before, but I didn't take the trouble to look it up that time.

So series like Moonlight and Kindred: The Embraced have some basis for letting vampires walk in daylight when 'they have just fed'.  I won't hold it against them, even if it is against White Wolf canon.

However, sparkling vampires are not to be tolerated.  The same goes for a horrible writing style.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Forever Knight   Forever Knight - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 1:25 am

I think Wikipedia said the first time Vampires burned in common fiction, was in Nosferatu where Orlok burned during/shortly after feeding on the blood of a virgin or some such.
Back to top Go down
Nosferatu's Childe
Elder
Elder
Nosferatu's Childe

PostSubject: Re: Forever Knight   Forever Knight - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 12:08 pm

Yes it was just after the scene in my avatar pic, while he was feeding on Ellen he didn't notice that the sun was rising and died, pretty silly end for the great Count though. I didn't know that was the first time a vampire died from sunlight.
Carmilla did sleep during the day so it can be assumed that the daylight might have harmed her, right?
Back to top Go down
Bloodstone
Elder
Elder
Bloodstone

PostSubject: Re: Forever Knight   Forever Knight - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 12:23 pm

Well they could always use sun block like Deacon Frost in Blade, mind you they would need a lot of it.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Forever Knight   Forever Knight - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 1:06 pm

Bloodstone wrote:
Well they could always use sun block like Deacon Frost in Blade, mind you they would need a lot of it.

Or bike leathers and a helmet with real dark visor. It could draw attention and provoke all kinds of questions, though.
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: Forever Knight   Forever Knight - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 3:04 pm

Nosferatu's Childe wrote:
Yes it was just after the scene in my avatar pic, while he was feeding on Ellen he didn't notice that the sun was rising and died, pretty silly end for the great Count though. I didn't know that was the first time a vampire died from sunlight.
Carmilla did sleep during the day so it can be assumed that the daylight might have harmed her, right?

Well, there's also the factor that Masquerade balls were held during the night, in which she mostly fed, and maybe she slept through the day because she was tired?

I know this is a very stupid idea concerning vampires, but it's the only one I came up with.
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: Forever Knight   Forever Knight - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 6:30 pm

I'm not gonna lie. I own all three season of Forever Knight. Loved that show since I was a kid. It's cheesy but addictive...now that I said something I'm probably gonna start watching the series all over again. I'm so happy I have a place where I can actually admit that I own that show. HA HA HA geek 
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Forever Knight   Forever Knight - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 11:32 am

aneumann01 wrote:
I'm not gonna lie. I own all three season of Forever Knight. Loved that show since I was a kid. It's cheesy but addictive...now that I said something I'm probably gonna start watching the series all over again. I'm so happy I have a place where I can actually admit that I own that show. HA HA HA geek 
Very Happy Only sparkling is forbidden on this forum. And I'll start flaming if someone mentions *censored*
Gave Knight a try. Did not stick. I guess I'll write me my own show Wink
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Forever Knight   Forever Knight - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 1:35 pm

I sort of liked 'Moonlight', despite the differences between their vamps and the WoD variety  I especially liked the main character's Ventrue buddy.

I have the DVD set.  But the writer's strike a few years ago killed that show.
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Forever Knight   Forever Knight - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 1:48 pm

I loved Moonlight as well. Is that what happened to it? Damn shame.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forever Knight   Forever Knight - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forever Knight
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3