Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Loading Screen?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dante Revere
Neonate
Neonate
Dante Revere

Loading Screen? Empty
PostSubject: Loading Screen?   Loading Screen? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 6:00 pm

Hey, just thought I'd mention this issue, see what you guys think. It's not exactly a big deal or anything, but it is a little funny. All the loading screens for my game are weird ever since I installed Camarilla Edition 1.2, it's like, the loading bar and the text box plus the ankh/lightbulb icons are there (these change depending on the displayed tip) but the background is completely white.

Loading Screen? Loadscrn

I mean it's not a HUGE deal or anything, but since I like to play Vampire in the dark, it's a squint fest every time I try to load a new area. And it'd be nice if I could possibly resolve this to have something interesting to look at for those thirty seconds or whatever.

I don't know if this is relevant or not (it probably is) but this version of Bloodlines I used (before installing CE 1.2) was purchased and downloaded from Direct2Drive. The retail discs I lost in the shuffle of moving, so I had to buy from them to keep playing when my machine got back from the shop. I don't know if there's anything you guys can do, or if this subject has been posted in the past, but I'd appreciate a glance over. It won't be the end of the world if the issue isn't resolved though, this is minor. Smile

PS: I thought I'd also mention that I've tried every resolution setting in-game, and it doesn't seem to change the issue at all.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Loading Screen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loading Screen?   Loading Screen? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 3:55 pm

I have never encountered or even heard about this one before. Can you set up a second vanilla installation, first without any patches, and then with the unoffcial patches (best would be 6.5, but any other 6.* does as well) and try it out?
In any case check out the installation path. What about the other features of CE? Do you get the new disciplines? Does CE 1.2 show up in the character creation window?

- geek
Back to top Go down
Dante Revere
Neonate
Neonate
Dante Revere

Loading Screen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loading Screen?   Loading Screen? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 4:08 pm

Yeah everything works perfectly, it's just the loading screen has been slapped with some whitewash. I always assumed that it was because I'm using a Direct2Drive version of the game instead of the retail discs (and I assume CE 1.2 was designed with the disc game). I mean it's still essentially the same game, but maybe there was a decimal put somewhere it didn't belong. There are little differences. For example, the Direct2Drive version of the game paths like this:

c:/program files/activision/vampire - the masquerade - bloodlines

Which is obviously different than the 'normal' version. The problem is that I don't have a retail disc version of the game to install CE 1.2 and compare it to.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Loading Screen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loading Screen?   Loading Screen? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 5:27 pm

I assume you have changed the CE installation path to match the path of your installation?
Back to top Go down
Dante Revere
Neonate
Neonate
Dante Revere

Loading Screen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loading Screen?   Loading Screen? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 2:32 am

Yeah, and it seemed to install alright. I've been checking over everything, the loading screen is the only thing that seems to have not changed correctly.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Loading Screen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loading Screen?   Loading Screen? EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:35 pm

I don't know if you ever solved this issue or not but you can always take your game back to the vanilla loading screen, here's how...

Go into \Vampire\materials\interface\tipinfoscreen and you will find three files called background_default.xxx. Delete all three of those files and that will take away the custom background we made for CE 1.2 and restore it to the original vanilla one.

It may not be the CE background but at least you won't be blinded everytime you load while playing in the dark.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

Loading Screen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loading Screen?   Loading Screen? EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 8:41 pm

Oh I don't know... could help keep you awake in those night long gaming sessions Loading Screen? Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Loading Screen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loading Screen?   Loading Screen? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 4:42 am

Oh, for keeping him awake, he'd probably prefer a nice warm cup of AB+ Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Dante Revere
Neonate
Neonate
Dante Revere

Loading Screen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loading Screen?   Loading Screen? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 8:52 am

Thanks for the suggestion Zero, I tried your tip and it worked out great. Very Happy

I prefer O-, though, personally. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Loading Screen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loading Screen?   Loading Screen? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:13 pm

2 thumbs up! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
SoniMax
Ancillae
Ancillae
SoniMax

Loading Screen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loading Screen?   Loading Screen? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 12:45 pm

Hey, mine's AB+ lol Very Happy but anyways... i want to tell you about mine prob.
When i start the game i don't see the starting videoes (white wolf,nvidia,troikagames...) i just hear their sounds. WTF
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Loading Screen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loading Screen?   Loading Screen? Empty

Back to top Go down

Loading Screen?
Page 1 of 1