Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Character Models Ingame

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Toreador
Ancillae
Ancillae
Toreador

Character Models Ingame Empty
PostSubject: Character Models Ingame   Character Models Ingame EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 8:02 pm

Hi everyone. I'm wondering, since I've seen people play VtMB as Jeanette, would it be at all possible for me to play with a LaCroix model? Not because I have a major unholy crush on him or anything like that, but because I just have to play as a LaCroix Malkavian look alike. I've even seen people play as the Tzimisce, so I know there is some way to do it.

If it is possible, would it possible to play him with different armours?
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Character Models Ingame   Character Models Ingame EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 11:59 pm

Crush on Lacroix? You're the first of your kind that I've seen.

But, yes, I suppose it is possible, although there might be animation problems
No, I don't think you'll be able to have Lacroix with different clothes. The stats might work the same as they would vanilla, but the clothes on him won't change his appearance.

On how to go about it, though, you will have to wait the goodwill of our resident snake-charmer madman, I can't help you there.
Back to top Go down
Toreador
Ancillae
Ancillae
Toreador

PostSubject: Re: Character Models Ingame   Character Models Ingame EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 12:13 am

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Crush on Lacroix? You're the first of your kind that I've seen.

But, yes, I suppose it is possible, although there might be animation problems
No, I don't think you'll be able to have Lacroix with different clothes. The stats might work the same as they would vanilla, but the clothes on him won't change his appearance.

On how to go about it, though, you will have to wait the goodwill of our resident snake-charmer madman, I can't help you there.
Oh trust me, there are a few of us around Cool 

I was actually able to get it done. I found a nice YouTube tutorial video that showed how to get Jeanette playable and it described how to get other characters as players.

I had to do a little guesswork to get LaCroix, but I did get him successfully. This is the clandoc code I used:

"models/character/npc/unique/downtown/lacroix/lacroix.mdl"

It felt rather odd playing him, however, especially when there were cutscenes that dealt with him. I'm now having second thoughts on keeping him as the model Neutral 

I just wish there was a male Malkavian skin that was of my tastes, something like a cross between LaCroix and the male Ventrue. Not quite as formal in attire, but something like that (especially with the head).
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Character Models Ingame   Character Models Ingame EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 3:27 am

Hm, you can always use another player model. Also check in on ModDB. There is a new difficulty mod that incidentally also has a new male Ventrue skin you can install independent from the mod itself.
Or you might try one of the Giovanni. Path is \models\character\npc\unique\giovanni_mansion\...

There may be some minor problems with animations. Most npc models don't have any character sheet animations and just stand there like zombies waiting for another brain passing by.
And for pc models from a different clan, the extended idle animations don't work. I can help you with that when you have decided which model to use, and which version of the patch or which mod you use.

-geek 
Oh, and good luck with your crush on Sebastian.Razz Be careful that Ming doesn't find out, she might be jealous.
Back to top Go down
Toreador
Ancillae
Ancillae
Toreador

PostSubject: Re: Character Models Ingame   Character Models Ingame EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 8:08 am

It's kind of hard to say what I'd like. I'm not too crazy (ha!) over the way that male Malkavians were presented as over the top, but I like the overall structure of their model (just not the armours or hair/accessory styles).

I'll take a look at other clan skins to see if I find anything that I like (which I hope I do).

As for Ming... She might never know, if I have my way Twisted Evil

EDIT: I did a little bit of thinking and I think I can't really find any skins that fit my tastes Neutral  I can't decide if I'd rather have the base Malkavian reskinned or the base Ventrue reskinned. I have some ideas for a reskinned Ventrue that make him look less formal but I have no knowledge of reskinning characters.

So, if I do choose a model eventually, it's possible for me to also change the idle animations or no?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Character Models Ingame   Character Models Ingame EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 6:59 pm

If you choose a pc model for another clan and want to use the additional idle actions from the plus patch, you have to activate them. Since I handle the idle animations in CE a bit different from the way the UP does, I need to know which patch/mod in which version you're playing.

For reskinning, you can only change the color scheme, or in a very limited way shorten hair, skirts, or coats by using alpha levels. This can be done with photoshop or other graphics software in the texture files. Provided your graphics program can edit TGA and export as DDS.
You can also use the same model with different color schemes for different armor ratings or different clans.
Any changes that go beyond the above mentioned require serious model editing with blender. I can help with finding and converting the skin files, and with changing skin paths in the model files. But I can't do the actual photochopping in an acceptable quality.

-geek 
Back to top Go down
Toreador
Ancillae
Ancillae
Toreador

PostSubject: Re: Character Models Ingame   Character Models Ingame EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 1:52 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
If you choose a pc model for another clan and want to use the additional idle actions from the plus patch, you have to activate them. Since I handle the idle animations in CE a bit different from the way the UP does, I need to know which patch/mod in which version you're playing.
Okay, I'll check which version I have (I'm not sure.... Shocked ) I have a clean version of VtMB but I believe it's patched.

Quote :
For reskinning, you can only change the color scheme, or in a very limited way shorten hair, skirts, or coats by using alpha levels. This can be done with photoshop or other graphics software in the texture files. Provided your graphics program can edit TGA and export as DDS.
You can also use the same model with different color schemes for different armor ratings or different clans.
Any changes that go beyond the above mentioned require serious model editing with blender. I can help with finding and converting the skin files, and with changing skin paths in the model files.  But I can't do the actual photochopping in an acceptable quality.

-geek 
I might have to find someone to actually do reskinning for me because I haven't a clue how to actually do that. I'm afraid to do it too because I have this feeling that it will cause me a lot of trouble Neutral 

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be using the male Ventrue model for the male Malkavian but I want his outfits reskinned to fit a Malkavian character better (or the one I have in my mind at least). I have pretty basic reskins in mind if anyone reading this is interested in making a reskin for me.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Character Models Ingame   Character Models Ingame EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 5:51 pm

It's a fps. Don't bother with looks.
Problem solved Smile
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Character Models Ingame   Character Models Ingame EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 6:21 pm

Claudia wrote:
It's a fps. Don't bother with looks.
Problem solved Smile
That might be the way you play it. I've always been a 3rd person view player and melee fighter. So for me, and probably many other players, looks are important.

-geek 
Back to top Go down
Toreador
Ancillae
Ancillae
Toreador

PostSubject: Re: Character Models Ingame   Character Models Ingame EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 7:05 pm

Which patch should I patch to? I plan on using Camarilla Edition, of course, but should I patch to 8.7 or just to 8.5 or is there not a preference?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Character Models Ingame   Character Models Ingame EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 4:29 am

(Actually I play third person too, but then I also play mouseless so there goes my credibility... I frankly don't bother with graphic looks in BL, after all I only see their back)

Clean copy + CE and nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Character Models Ingame   Character Models Ingame EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 4:31 am

Toreador, I've got to get back to you through email, I've just got no time at all until tomorrow night ^^
(Stupid exams for a job...)
Back to top Go down
Toreador
Ancillae
Ancillae
Toreador

PostSubject: Re: Character Models Ingame   Character Models Ingame EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 11:33 am

Thanks Claudia.

Right now, I'm working on getting everything I need to get the most out of my CE playthrough (getting compatible mods, etc). I'm going to have to make a request that I hope is very simple: a reskin of the base male Ventrue model.

What I would like is for the hair to be lightened to a shade similar to this. I would like the shirt to be reskinned to look like this or this. I would like the pants to be coloured like this to match the shirt. If it's at all possible, could the pants be made to be more fitted? If not, that's perfectly okay. I'm not sure how to go about the shoes (I can't remember what they look like), but I trust whoever would do the reskin would make them match the outfit Razz If someone is going to do this and you need specifics, I'll gladly provide you with some.

I hope I'm not asking too much, as I've never modded VtMB and don't know how difficult it might be.

Also, Childe of Malkav, I'll need you to tell me how to make it possible to use the Malkavian idles on the Ventrue model Smile
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Character Models Ingame   Character Models Ingame EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 11:35 am

403 Forbidden
nginx

http://planet-vampire.net/forum/index.php?board=5.0

All your answers are here.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Toreador
Ancillae
Ancillae
Toreador

PostSubject: Re: Character Models Ingame   Character Models Ingame EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 12:34 pm

I'm not sure I understand- am I not supposed to post requests here or would it better if I posted a request there?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Character Models Ingame   Character Models Ingame EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 1:11 pm

Nobody will make a skin just for you so I linked to the forum where there are at least two topics asking how to custom a skin. You'll get ANSWERS, as I said, not someone who'd do the job. If you had clicked on my link, and browsed a little (aka scrolled down half a page and read the titles), you would have understood....

And your link has an error, anyway. It said 403 forbidden (aka what I replied...)

Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Character Models Ingame   Character Models Ingame EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 1:13 pm

Toreador wrote:
I'm not sure I understand- am I not supposed to post requests here or would it better if I posted a request there?
As far as my keen wolf senses could tell there is a lot more modders on planet-vampire than here. You are always welcome to ask, of course.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Character Models Ingame   Character Models Ingame EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 1:15 pm

Retouching a skin isn't too complicated, it's long and slow, which is why modders usually do not bother. They'd rather use their limited time and resources to something interesting. Like, you know, quests, maps, correcting bugs. If you're playing bloodlines for the graphics, you got the wrong game XD
Back to top Go down
Toreador
Ancillae
Ancillae
Toreador

PostSubject: Re: Character Models Ingame   Character Models Ingame EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 1:56 pm

Claudia wrote:
Retouching a skin isn't too complicated, it's long and slow, which is why modders usually do not bother. They'd rather use their limited time and resources to something interesting. Like, you know, quests, maps, correcting bugs. If you're playing bloodlines for the graphics, you got the wrong game XD
I'm not playing it for the graphics. For some of us, the look of our character is a very important part in roleplaying.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Character Models Ingame   Character Models Ingame EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 2:55 pm

Toreador wrote:
...Also, Childe of Malkav, I'll need you to tell me how to make it possible to use the Malkavian idles on the Ventrue model Smile
If I understand right, you want to use the male Ventrue model for your Malk in CE. That means you also have to use the Ventrue idles instead of the malkavian ones. So you have to deactivate the Malk idles and activate the Ventrue ones for both clans. Open vamputil.py with an editor, search for def idleAnims(): and in this function for this code (I've already included the necessary changes in this post.)

Code:
        if(male == 1):
            if(clan == 2 and i <= 4): cmd.BruMAnim3=""    #1.3
            elif(clan == 2 and i <= 8): cmd.BruMAnim2=""  #2.9
            elif(clan == 2 and i <= 12): cmd.BruMAnim1="" #1.9
            elif(clan == 3 and i <= 4): cmd.GanMAnim3=""  #4.5
            elif(clan == 3 and i <= 8): cmd.GanMAnim2=""  #4.5
            elif(clan == 3 and i <= 12): cmd.GanMAnim1="" #2.4
#            elif(clan == 4 and i <= 6): cmd.MalMAnim2=""  #3.85
#            elif(clan == 4 and i <= 12): cmd.MalMAnim1="" #1.9
            elif(clan == 5 and i <= 4): cmd.NosMAnim3=""  #2.5
            elif(clan == 5 and i <= 8): cmd.NosMAnim2=""  #5.2
            elif(clan == 5 and i <= 12): cmd.NosMAnim1="" #2.2
            elif(clan == 6 and i <= 3): cmd.TorMAnim4=""  #3.07
            elif(clan == 6 and i <= 6): cmd.TorMAnim3=""  #3.22
            elif(clan == 6 and i <= 9): cmd.TorMAnim2=""  #3.9
            elif(clan == 6 and i <= 12): cmd.TorMAnim1="" #2
            elif(clan == 7 and i <= 4): cmd.TreMAnim3=""  #5
            elif(clan == 7 and i <= 8): cmd.TreMAnim2=""  #5
            elif(clan == 7 and i <= 12): cmd.TreMAnim1="" #2
            elif((clan == 4 or clan == 8) and i <= 4): cmd.VenMAnim3=""  #3.24
            elif((clan == 4 or clan == 8) and i <= 8): cmd.VenMAnim2=""  #9.9
            elif((clan == 4 or clan == 8) and i <= 12): cmd.VenMAnim1="" #2
This example should allow you to (de)activate the idles for any modelswitches you intend to do.

-geek 
Back to top Go down
Toreador
Ancillae
Ancillae
Toreador

PostSubject: Re: Character Models Ingame   Character Models Ingame EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 6:39 pm

Actually, I meant if I could use the Malkavian idles for the Ventrue model. Is that possible or no?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Character Models Ingame   Character Models Ingame EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 6:54 am

Sometimes I ask myself if you're really a native English speaker. Because you don't seem to understand simple worded sentences. So let me try and explain this the dummy proof way Smile

Modders do not create custom skins Because :
-long
-useless
-pain in the ass
-they would rather use the time to mod the game

I linked Planet-Vampire because :
-thread that says "Skinning question"; "How do I change an NPC's model?"
-above threads give you tools and ANSWERS
-so you do it yourself with what you like
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Character Models Ingame   Character Models Ingame EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 2:18 pm

Yeey, woman fight.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Character Models Ingame   Character Models Ingame EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 2:36 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Yeey, woman fight.
Equal rights, no? They could fight as men do.
They don't like to carry heavy boxes, though. I wonder why...?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Character Models Ingame   Character Models Ingame EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 2:36 pm

Torrie is a boy Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Models Ingame   Character Models Ingame Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Models Ingame
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next