Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Creative uses for Disciplines?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5165
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Creative uses for Disciplines?   Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:35 am

SaulottheGentle wrote:
Technically speaking, isn't that what happens to Andrei's ghouls when you kill them? Explode in a mass of blood and ash?
I didn't make them. And after the fiend has messed with their bodies, the brain usually is useless anyway.

geek 

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragatus
Caine
Caine


Posts : 2151
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Creative uses for Disciplines?   Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:39 pm

You know how Protean 4 allows you to turn into a bat or wolf? And how some Gangrel can turn into different animals? So there was this one Gangrel who would turn into a bear or peregrin falcon. Peregrin falcons can reach speeds of 300 km/h (185 mph) when diving. So he flies up in falcon form and dives towards an enemy and then just before impact he switches to bear form. And some poor fucker got hit by a bear traveling at 300 km/h.

The Gangrel was fine, he had Fortitude.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5165
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Creative uses for Disciplines?   Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:58 am

Dragatus wrote:
You know how Protean 4 allows you to turn into a bat or wolf? And how some Gangrel can turn into different animals? So there was this one Gangrel who would turn into a bear or peregrin falcon. Peregrin falcons can reach speeds of 300 km/h (185 mph) when diving. So he flies up in falcon form and dives towards an enemy and then just before impact he switches to bear form. And some poor fucker got hit by a bear traveling at 300 km/h.

The Gangrel was fine, he had Fortitude.
What did he need that kind of impact for? Was he dealing with someone driving a tank?

geek 

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1982
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 34
Location : near Prague

PostSubject: Re: Creative uses for Disciplines?   Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:21 am

When you need to be sure, there is no such thing as an overkill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1627
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Creative uses for Disciplines?   Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:11 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
When you need to be sure, there is no such thing as an overkill.

That's a Confucius-level quote right there
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4369
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Creative uses for Disciplines?   Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:48 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Dragatus wrote:
You know how Protean 4 allows you to turn into a bat or wolf? And how some Gangrel can turn into different animals? So there was this one Gangrel who would turn into a bear or peregrin falcon. Peregrin falcons can reach speeds of 300 km/h (185 mph) when diving. So he flies up in falcon form and dives towards an enemy and then just before impact he switches to bear form. And some poor fucker got hit by a bear traveling at 300 km/h.

The Gangrel was fine, he had Fortitude.
What did he need that kind of impact for? Was he dealing with someone driving a tank?

geek 

Nah, a Ventrue Elder.
Presence and Dominate are all good to manipulate mortals for sure, but poor sucker should have invested in Fortitude a touch more, too. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 821
Join date : 2010-07-29
Location : Texas, USA

PostSubject: Re: Creative uses for Disciplines?   Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:02 pm

True dat.  Better to look silly rather than say, "Oh crap... he's getting up!"

Terminal velocity for falling human with arms spread is about 200 kph, or just over 120 mph.  VtM rules state that max falling damage (anything over 30m) is 10D of damage, due to terminal velocity.  So we can assume that 300 kph would cause 15D of falling damage, to both parties.  At this speed, it is considered lethal damage, not bashing; so you don't get to cut it in half.  Even with Stamina and Fortitude at 6 (elder stats) to soak the damage, that is pretty serious; but quite possible to survive, and even stay conscious, if you're Kindred.

Have no idea what the rule is for Requiem; never played, and didn't bother to look it up even though I have a digital copy.

I've often thought that a Kindred wearing some kind of wingsuit would take very little damage from a fall.  You're translating vertical velocity into horizontal; and if you pull up at the last second, you might cut the damage from the fall in half (or less), and slow down enough to keep it bashing damage.  That would allow you to take half damage after the soak roll.  With a decent Stamina and Fortitude, you might just limp away from the fall.  Good way to evade pursuit -- anyone stupid enough to follow you off the roof is unlikely to be wearing a wingsuit.  Unless they're Batman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragatus
Caine
Caine


Posts : 2151
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Creative uses for Disciplines?   Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:46 pm

Actually if you buff Stamina to 6 and have Fortitude 3, you'd soke 9D, so on average you'd take 3 health levels of lethal damage. The guy who only has 3 soak on the other hand? On average he takes 6 health levels of damage and is two small steps away from torpor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 727
Join date : 2012-10-06
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Creative uses for Disciplines?   Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:39 am

Horrid Sword of the Righteous Demons: At level 7 of Valeren, you can lather your sword in your blood to light it on fire, making golden flames that causes two additional dice of aggravated damage. Combined with a power of Chimerstry 6, Horrid Blade of the Demons, it automatically causes Aggravated damage.

Combining these two creates a blade of vicious overkill. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1627
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Creative uses for Disciplines?   Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:45 am

If you have one discipline at 7 and another at 6, you should be able to cause some serious overkill already.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1333
Join date : 2012-08-11
Age : 26
Location : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Creative uses for Disciplines?   Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:26 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
you should be able to cause some serious overkill already.

But it wouldn't look as awesome, now would it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragatus
Caine
Caine


Posts : 2151
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Creative uses for Disciplines?   Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:08 pm

SaulottheGentle wrote:
Horrid Sword of the Righteous Demons: At level 7 of Valeren, you can lather your sword in your blood to light it on fire, making golden flames that causes two additional dice of aggravated damage. Combined with a power of Chimerstry 6, Horrid Blade of the Demons, it automatically causes Aggravated damage.

Combining these two creates a blade of vicious overkill. XD

I'd like to point out that you needed a 6th and 7th level discipline to create a weapon that does STR+4 aggravated damage, but you can get a "weapon" that does STR+1 aggravated damage with just two dots in Protean. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 727
Join date : 2012-10-06
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Creative uses for Disciplines?   Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:04 pm

Dragatus wrote:
SaulottheGentle wrote:
Horrid Sword of the Righteous Demons: At level 7 of Valeren, you can lather your sword in your blood to light it on fire, making golden flames that causes two additional dice of aggravated damage. Combined with a power of Chimerstry 6, Horrid Blade of the Demons, it automatically causes Aggravated damage.

Combining these two creates a blade of vicious overkill. XD

I'd like to point out that you needed a 6th and 7th level discipline to create a weapon that does STR+4 aggravated damage, but you can get a "weapon" that does STR+1 aggravated damage with just two dots in Protean. Wink

Like Bloodywolf said.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1982
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 34
Location : near Prague

PostSubject: Re: Creative uses for Disciplines?   Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:33 pm

SaulottheGentle wrote:
Horrid Sword of the Righteous Demons: At level 7 of Valeren, you can lather your sword in your blood to light it on fire, making golden flames that causes two additional dice of aggravated damage. Combined with a power of Chimerstry 6, Horrid Blade of the Demons, it automatically causes Aggravated damage.

Combining these two creates a blade of vicious overkill. XD

That Valeren power is seriously weak. Even if it is cute as a kitten.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Creative uses for Disciplines?   Today at 6:53 am

Back to top Go down
 
Creative uses for Disciplines?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Creative uses for Disciplines?
» Disciplines Do not activate!
» Microsoft creative dev on Always Online
» Final Nights Disciplines Not Working
» Creative Rakyat Malaysia Bab2 Modified Motor Nie

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Team Camarilla International Forum :: The TCI Community Dark Room-
Jump to: