Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Button behind the counter for Wong Ho

Go down 
+2
8people
Claudia
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Button behind the counter for Wong Ho Empty
PostSubject: Button behind the counter for Wong Ho   Button behind the counter for Wong Ho EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 1:49 pm

My fiancé is playing a Nosferatu, and he cannot use the button behind the hostess counter to open the elevator.

I have never been able to use it as well, but I've always been able to talk to the hostess... When playing Nos, that's impossible Sad
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Button behind the counter for Wong Ho   Button behind the counter for Wong Ho EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 4:24 pm

Have you tried talking to the hostess anyway?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Button behind the counter for Wong Ho   Button behind the counter for Wong Ho EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 6:44 pm

When you are Nos, you cannot talk to her, she runs away.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Button behind the counter for Wong Ho   Button behind the counter for Wong Ho EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 7:35 am

Ah okay, some of the characters you can talk to anyway I know. Haven't never really checked her files, myself. Haven't played Nosferatu in a long time either, heh.
Back to top Go down
tinga1911
Neonate
Neonate
tinga1911

PostSubject: Re: Button behind the counter for Wong Ho   Button behind the counter for Wong Ho EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:15 am

Has he tried first scaring her away and then pressing the button? I'm not sure if the button works when she's there (stupid, I know), but for me it worked every time that I scared her away.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Button behind the counter for Wong Ho   Button behind the counter for Wong Ho EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:25 am

Oh, she saw the nosferatu and she left to the bathroom screaming, so no, it didn't work Smile
Back to top Go down
tinga1911
Neonate
Neonate
tinga1911

PostSubject: Re: Button behind the counter for Wong Ho   Button behind the counter for Wong Ho EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:37 am

Then that's a tricky one. I didn't have any problems with that elevator when I played a nossie. I've only had problems with the Empire hotel and Skyline apartments elevators.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Button behind the counter for Wong Ho   Button behind the counter for Wong Ho EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 5:47 pm

This one is really tricky. At least you can evade the elevator problem in the Empire hotel and Skyeline by using the vents. But there seems to be no "Nossie highway" into Wong Ho's. I checked all the sewers and sidestreets after first reading this thread.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Button behind the counter for Wong Ho   Button behind the counter for Wong Ho EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:30 pm

You may have to open up the console and use the "Noclip" command to ascend into the upper room, then turn off Noclip and press the elevator button from upstairs. Once you use the elevator once it will auto-detect you and the doors will open up automatically from then on.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Button behind the counter for Wong Ho   Button behind the counter for Wong Ho EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 5:01 pm

Yes, the console and noclip is an option if it's on the same map, though I prefer not to use the console in normal games.

- geek

Edit: I just looked through the whole thread again. Only to make sure: the character did go to Ming Xiao and ask her about the missing Nos? I think you can't get the elevator before you see the cutscene of Kiki being kidnapped.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Button behind the counter for Wong Ho   Button behind the counter for Wong Ho EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 5:53 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Yes, the console and noclip is an option if it's on the same map, though I prefer not to use the console in normal games.

- geek

Edit: I just looked through the whole thread again. Only to make sure: the character did go to Ming Xiao and ask her about the missing Nos? I think you can't get the elevator before you see the cutscene of Kiki being kidnapped.

That would make sense, good idea.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Button behind the counter for Wong Ho   Button behind the counter for Wong Ho EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 6:27 pm

Yes yes, he went to MingXiao, he's following his questlog saying to go see Wong Wink

I do know the noclip function can be used, that is what he did, but I'd rather have the bug corrected instead of just using the console Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Button behind the counter for Wong Ho   Button behind the counter for Wong Ho EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:19 pm

Claudia wrote:
Yes yes, he went to MingXiao, he's following his questlog saying to go see Wong Wink

I do know the noclip function can be used, that is what he did, but I'd rather have the bug corrected instead of just using the console Smile

We would have to contact Troika to get that fixed because it's a random engine bug, not a CE bug. The elevator button worked just fine for me everytime. Someone just posted a broken elevator button in Asylum, and I've even had broken elevator buttons in Skyline Apt. Something with the elevator buttons and Bloodlines.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Button behind the counter for Wong Ho   Button behind the counter for Wong Ho EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 6:56 pm

Probably elevators don't like vampires Laughing

Yes I've encountered trouble with those buttons, too. At least in Skyline and the empire hotel you can use the airducts to get to another level.

- geek
Back to top Go down
shift244
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Button behind the counter for Wong Ho   Button behind the counter for Wong Ho EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Problems with elevator buttons are can be circumvented by reloading - the glitch that causes it to not work appears to be random and is apparently not even tied to save games.

One thing about calling an elevator would be that it may take time for the elevator to move into the appropriate floor - if you listen carefully, you can at most times, hear the lift moving clip being played - the timing seems to be 2-3 secs per floor.

Also, many times I've had a lift door open and then immediately shut after reaching my selected destination level. If I wait abit, or hit the proper floor button again, it would reopen.

For reference: the button behind the stand at the Red Dragon can be activated by a character without having first spoken to the waitress.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Button behind the counter for Wong Ho   Button behind the counter for Wong Ho EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 1:03 pm

The bug I've said is that the Nossie cannot use the button because even if you see the button at it's place, but the little round thingy "use" (E key) doesn't appear. Even hitting E moving everywhere and looking everywhere doesn't work Wink

But yeah, elevators have a problem with undead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Button behind the counter for Wong Ho   Button behind the counter for Wong Ho Empty

Back to top Go down

Button behind the counter for Wong Ho
Page 1 of 1