Occasionally, the game freezes. The screen sticks on a single frame, the sound gets stuck repeating about a fraction of a second of sound track and sound effect, and the computer stops accepting input. Not even Alt+Tab, Alt+F4, or Ctrl+Alt+Del have any effect. The only way to proceed is to switch off the computer with the power button. I can't post crash dumps because the game never actually crashes.
I have Windows 7 64-bit, with an Intel I7 processor and 8gb RAM. I have no graphics or sound card. I have the game on Steam, and I've reinstalled a couple of times, applying only Final Nights 1.1 with no other patches or mods. I'm not sure if this is a Final Nights issue or a Bloodlines issue, because I haven't played vanilla Bloodlines on this system, but either way I figured this was a good place to ask for advice.
So far, the issue seems to occur mostly when the camera is turning. Off the top of my head, it's happened:
1. In the Sewers, after killing some head crawlers, when turning around to proceed on my merry way.
2. In the Metalhead warehouse, while feeding on a guard who was under the effects of Rest for the Wicked.
3. In Zhao's warehouse, after the ambush, attempting to pick up a dropped weapon. My Perception was high enough to make the weapon sparkle.
4. After killing a headcrawler during Andrei's fight at 609 King's Way. This happened several times in one playthrough, to the point where I had to save three times in the middle of the fight just to complete it.
5. In the Death Mask studio, again after killing a headcrawler. (This bug really seems to hate headcrawler gibs.)
In general, I can't predict when the freeze will occur, but once it does occur, it seems more likely to occur again in the same general area, until I go somewhere else for a while. Fortunately, I have four different characters at different points in the game, so I at least have the option of taking time off from one quest to go somewhere else.