Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Translations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Claudia
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Translations   Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:16 am

Well, English is my third language, after French and Spanish..
Although most Bloodlines players play in English (the game is not dubbed in any languages that I know about, but I know it has been released with at least a French, German and Italian -or maybe portuguese-), it is always usefull to have subtitles, especially for disciplines.

Since we cannot, yet, dub the entire game, I'm offering to translate the mod (and maybe the whole game since the French "original" translation is kind of crappy) to French and/or to Spanish.

I may submit this idea to the Clan Quest Mod too, and maybe try to make a dubbed version with them.

What do you think ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: Translations   Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:00 am

You can dub the game but have fun syncing the lips up to it Wink

Because of the screw up at release a lot of the translations were rushed or unimplemented as it is quite laborious a task to go through every string of text and translating it accurately often with non-native speakers of the destined language and programs can't quite cut it really.

If you want to try translating go for it Smile I'm not entirely certain the extent of changes textually in the mod yet, a multilingual installer shouldn't be too stressful to implement either for the mod. I guess it depends on how it's packaged.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Translations   Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:02 pm

I've already thought about the lipsinc, but the problem I've got is that I have not a clue about programming.

So, I'd like to translate the mod, but I will need a source file or something (I don't know, anything I could open with the blocnote, wordpress or something)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Translations   

Back to top Go down

Translations
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1