Hello folks. After more than year, I've returned yet again to VTM. This time I've decided to try something else than Camarilla edition and picked TFN. And I must say: This mod rocks! Feeding, combat, quests - nearly everything is harded, actualy forcing me to think my actions and questing order in advance
I've been looking for good guy playtrough, plus try one of the new powers, so i went for Salubri. Finished most of Santa Monica so far and one thing shadowed my enjoyement: My unique power Obeah.
The concept of Obeah is fine. For mere 1 blood point, you get cool blue-themed buff, that gives you various bonuses. But in practice these bonuses seem to have just very minor impact on my overal perfonamce.
1) Sense Vilatily: Shows you the aura of nearby characters. Useful, but not early in the game (I've used it once so far) and most importantly you already have Auspex.
2) Warding The Beast: +2 on Frenzy checks. The salubri already has +2 passive bonus, plus anyone roleplaying this character will stay at high humanity score. Even after i was forced out into streets with 1 blood drop and low hp (the chinese guy was suprisingly tough!) i didn't frenzy. And i can't use Obeah in streets ayway. So only use of this feat is during combat when being hit rly hard. But for that I have fortitude and beforementioned bonuses.
The entire feat of this level is thus in my opinon de facto useless - I would suprised if it will help me once during my game.
3) Renewed Vigor: Healing. Well great but again, I heal faster due to passive. Combined with Blood heal level 1, I am already healing myself super fast, upping it to lvl 2 will probably satisfy all my healing needs until endgame.
4) Anesthetic touch: +3 to soaks. We are finaly getting somewhere. But yet again I have fortitude which does exactly a same.
5) Wrath of Heaven: +3 to melee and unarmed. Okay. But suprise: Bloodbuff level 3 does that as well and more.
Don't get me wrong, I realize that the bonuses are cumulative and I don't want yet another "press RMB to kill everybody" power like some disciplines were in Camarilla. But when i compare Obeah to Serpentis, Daimoion or Quietus, I feel Salubri is definitly loosing there. Heck i think that even maxed bloodbuff will be way more effective than maxed Obeah.
Thanks for reading this Fledling's wall of text. If I am missing something in my conclusion, let me know.