Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Waiting for Monday (in game)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Monday (in game)   Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:45 pm

you've got no idea. French Canadians go all regionalist and extremist.. I'm sure they'd vote Palin if she wasn't so religious nuts /trolololo
(I like most French Canadians I know, but they're in international studies, and one of them works in the Cirque du Soleil ^^)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1333
Join date : 2012-08-11
Age : 26
Location : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Monday (in game)   Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:59 pm

Everyone is a Chauvinist Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Monday (in game)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:20 am

joemarra052075 wrote:
Ok thanks....that had me worried for a moment there that I was a bigger target than I thought I would be.

I can't wait for this to start up again.

Don't worry.  We will loathe and distrust you based on your clan, not on any out-of-character information.  LOL

Normally I just don't read the stuff my character is not there for.  It's easier to keep straight what I know and the character doesn't.  But I admit to a little curiosity about the new guy, so I skimmed the Setite thread when Neb-uau first showed up.  My main curiosity is about how to pronounce the name... I believe I know how, but we'll find out if I'm right.

If you're worried about sensitive information... don't put anything too secret in a spoiler.  Send a PM to Claudia.  I do that sometimes, mostly with stuff that concerns my character's history.  You know, his secret origin, bitten by a radioactive bat... oh crap, did I write that down?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 421
Join date : 2013-12-05
Age : 41
Location : WA State

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Monday (in game)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:34 am

Thanks for the advice Duncan. I hope you enjoyed what you read.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1333
Join date : 2012-08-11
Age : 26
Location : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Monday (in game)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:18 am

Of course you don't have to post every single idea your character has. Imagine if Kara would post every suggestion his malkavian might think of :-o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 903
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 26
Location : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Monday (in game)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:22 am

Bloodywolf wrote:
Of course you don't have to post every single idea your character has. Imagine if Kara would post every suggestion his malkavian might think of :-o
Oh god.
The horror. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 421
Join date : 2013-12-05
Age : 41
Location : WA State

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Monday (in game)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:29 am

Actually he should...in a topic titled "Malkavian Madness Network"!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 903
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 26
Location : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Monday (in game)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:32 am

No. Just..... No. Don't tempt him! The quantaties of brainbleach required to erase memories of that will be incomprehensible!  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 421
Join date : 2013-12-05
Age : 41
Location : WA State

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Monday (in game)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:47 am

Nachtrae wrote:
No. Just..... No. Don't tempt him! The quantaties of brainbleach required to erase memories of that will be incomprehensible!  Shocked 

LOL...I originally was going to play a Malk but Claudia talked me into this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 421
Join date : 2013-12-05
Age : 41
Location : WA State

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Monday (in game)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:47 am

and I would have started a Madness Network
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 903
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 26
Location : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Monday (in game)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:52 am

Malkavians are awesome. Doesn't matter what you want to do with them, there is some derangement out there that will fit and make them just.....weird and very unsettling Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1333
Join date : 2012-08-11
Age : 26
Location : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Monday (in game)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:07 am

I think Claudia just only prefers 1 malkavian in the game, my first choice was Malkavian as well during brainstorming and she discouraged it. Although I don't regret going Tremere, once you finally learn all the basics  Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5162
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Monday (in game)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:30 am

Duncan.Oliver wrote:
...  You know, his secret origin, bitten by a radioactive bat... oh crap, did I write that down?
As long as you don't have to find a telephone booth to activate your powers you should be allright... Might be a bit diffcult finding one theese nights. Laughing 

geek 

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Monday (in game)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:37 am

I discourage Malkavians because they usually do not make good Playable Characters Smile
Except Fred, but Fred is somehow a NPC that I gave to Kara because he corresponded kinda like what he wanted to play :-)
There's no need to be fully explicit with personal secrets, in any f your posts, but some things can be found out by NPCs and other characters Smile

Let's take a Ventrue blood preference ; it's noticeable that this or this other person may trigger his wantz, but until you have gathered enough preys, it's hard to know what has triggered said need. What if they're all blonde females ? Is it the blonde or is it because they have german noble origins ? What about if it's only teenagers of both gender ? It could be virginity but it could also be someone who uses their cellphones a shitlot.

I mind malkavian as PCs because they are hard to accept in a city since the Malkavian NPC basically have no reason to accept anyone XD and while they may want to embrace, triggering their attention is hard :-(

It worked for Estela because her player had a very valid reason to BE, and to be playable. Both are hard to combine :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 421
Join date : 2013-12-05
Age : 41
Location : WA State

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Monday (in game)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:47 am

Makes sense though I disagree that they usually don't make good playable characters. It is just that most people don't have a clue how to play them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Monday (in game)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:57 am

That's a whole other subject Smile

By not "playable" characters, I meant not characters that can be played in a Campaign with Other Players.. They usually have no reason to be with other characters, so it feels forced, it's not in game, and it kills the ambiance Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 903
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 26
Location : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Monday (in game)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:09 am

Claudia wrote:

It worked for Estela because her player had a very valid reason to BE, and to be playable. Both are hard to combine :-)
Lies. Estela is Toreador.  Mad 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 421
Join date : 2013-12-05
Age : 41
Location : WA State

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Monday (in game)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:11 am

Claudia wrote:
That's a whole other subject Smile

By not "playable" characters, I meant not characters that can be played in a Campaign with Other Players.. They usually have no reason to be with other characters, so it feels forced, it's not in game, and it kills the ambiance Sad

That is where I disagree. I think if the player properly works with the ST during character creation and then properly plays his character, any clan can work without feeling forced. And a Malk's insanity does not have to be close to the surface, and can surprise the players at interesting (and possibly inopportune) times. Malks though have just as much reason to band into a group as other players...there is safety in numbers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 903
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 26
Location : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Monday (in game)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:14 am

joemarra052075 wrote:
Claudia wrote:
That's a whole other subject Smile

By not "playable" characters, I meant not characters that can be played in a Campaign with Other Players.. They usually have no reason to be with other characters, so it feels forced, it's not in game, and it kills the ambiance Sad

That is where I disagree.  I think if the player properly works with the ST during character creation and then properly plays his character, any clan can work without feeling forced.  And  a Malk's insanity does not have to be close to the surface, and can surprise the players at interesting (and possibly inopportune) times.  Malks though have just as much reason to band into a group as other players...there is safety in numbers.

Keywords in above text underlined  Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 421
Join date : 2013-12-05
Age : 41
Location : WA State

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Monday (in game)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:24 am

Nachtrae wrote:
joemarra052075 wrote:
Claudia wrote:
That's a whole other subject Smile

By not "playable" characters, I meant not characters that can be played in a Campaign with Other Players.. They usually have no reason to be with other characters, so it feels forced, it's not in game, and it kills the ambiance Sad

That is where I disagree.  I think if the player properly works with the ST during character creation and then properly plays his character, any clan can work without feeling forced.  And  a Malk's insanity does not have to be close to the surface, and can surprise the players at interesting (and possibly inopportune) times.  Malks though have just as much reason to band into a group as other players...there is safety in numbers.

Keywords in above text underlined  Smile

Exactly. Frankly putting a Setite in with Cam is going to be hard. I hope I am player enough to pull it off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 903
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 26
Location : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Monday (in game)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:26 am

joemarra052075 wrote:
Nachtrae wrote:
joemarra052075 wrote:
Claudia wrote:
That's a whole other subject Smile

By not "playable" characters, I meant not characters that can be played in a Campaign with Other Players.. They usually have no reason to be with other characters, so it feels forced, it's not in game, and it kills the ambiance Sad

That is where I disagree.  I think if the player properly works with the ST during character creation and then properly plays his character, any clan can work without feeling forced.  And  a Malk's insanity does not have to be close to the surface, and can surprise the players at interesting (and possibly inopportune) times.  Malks though have just as much reason to band into a group as other players...there is safety in numbers.

Keywords in above text underlined  Smile

Exactly.  Frankly putting a Setite in with Cam is going to be hard.  I hope I am player enough to pull it off.
From what I've seen so far, I think you'll do fine Smile Having Chris and Nebby clash is going to be very amusing. May the best asshole win!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 421
Join date : 2013-12-05
Age : 41
Location : WA State

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Monday (in game)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:27 am

Nachtrae wrote:

From what I've seen so far, I think you'll do fine :)Having Chris and Nebby clash is going to be very amusing. May the best asshole win!

Thanks.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Monday (in game)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:29 am

It's not just "a setite out of nowhere", the Snakes have a history in Bordeaux Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 421
Join date : 2013-12-05
Age : 41
Location : WA State

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Monday (in game)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:32 am

Claudia wrote:
It's not just "a setite out of nowhere", the Snakes have a history in Bordeaux Wink

That is true. It still is going to be tough to play. All vampires have to tread a thin line in Cam society. A Setite's line is even thinner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Monday (in game)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:36 am

Except Gosuin is Gosuin Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Monday (in game)   Today at 4:22 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Waiting for Monday (in game)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Looking for another Hidden Object Game while waiting for results.
» This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons
» The "Who would win?" game
» problem with the game : no control over the moves of the pc
» Worst Video Game You've Ever Played

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Roleplaying Vampire: The Masquerade :: Rules and OoC :: Out of Character-
Jump to: