Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011

Go down 
+7
ThePhilosopher
joemarra052075
Eliza
Duncan.Oliver
Claudia
Nachtrae
Sio
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011   Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 9:33 pm

It takes a good ten minutes for Duncan, Miri, Fred and William to be served blood. The male waiter, is certainly under dominate or blood bond effects as while he looks mortal, he doesn't seem to notice what he is actually doing.
Miriel takes her glass and plays with it thoughtfully, before asking.

(Miriel) Say, why doubt of the Tremere primogen's presence ?
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011   Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 10:20 pm

William grins at Miriel's comment, "Careful, I might take you up on that offer, I'm always up for a good bloody study. And I'm not fishing for any secrets, unless you happen to have some... juicy ones?" he added in a gleeful tone.

While Griffin was approaching them, the neonate raises a brow as Miriel, "Same reason we had that discussion at Claudia's a night or 2 back, remember?"

Slightly straightening at the arrival of the older Tremere, he looks up, "Good evening, Sodalis Griffin."
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011   Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 3:07 am

Duncan merely shrugs in response when Miriel thinks aloud about Lyle's elixir  However, when she acts bored, and makes her comment about Tarcisus, Duncan rolls his eyes.

See, we're boring Miriel into torpor.  Let's sideline the metaphysical discussion until later, shall we?  Oh, and as a side note, if Tarcisus told me water was wet, I'd get a second opinion even if my ass was on fire.

I'm no zombie, either.  That's just my opinion, and I'm no expert on supernatural creatures, but I refuse to believe that.  Ever hear of any Antediluvian zombies?  Neither have I.

Duncan sees Igor come in and tilts his head in greeting, although it's not evident whether the Nosferatu even saw him.  Still, he makes the attempt.

When Miriel asks about Kersten, Duncan frowns a bit, although he nods in understanding.  He sees Griffin heading their way, and whispers a clarification to Miriel, although the whole table can hear him.

Auspex=1, Miriel, Fred, William:

As Jean-Pierre Griffin approaches the table, Duncan moves his glass farther from the edge of the table-- he hasn't touched it since the servant set it down, but he moves it back as he stands, and bows slightly to Griffin.

Monsieur Griffin.  Good evening.
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011   Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 4:21 am

Neb-uau notes Alicia's reaction to both himself and Felix. He stands quietly waiting to be addressed. His eyes move around slightly noting the events of the rest of the room.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011   Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 6:49 pm

Alicia's corner of her lips curl into a smirk when she hears Felix offer her help. She nods slightly.
(Alicia) If you just so happen to hear anything, I am interested. We will see once I have explained myself to the Prince...

The Toreador Harpy gives a look at the closed doors a moment then eyes around. She smiles at both neonates, when at Corinna Ansons.
(Alicia) Miss Library here may be well mannered, but I doubt she knows the little details about Elysium.. Don't you ?

Alicia gives an apologetic smile at Corinna.
(Alicia) Should I give you a little.. Harpy talk ? I may be able to explain you some other things your respective sires... might not have known best.

She seems fairly sure of herself.

Is Duncan's phone on?

Miriel fakes a yawn, when her being in torpor is said. She seems surprised at William's words, eyes widen, falsely shocked. She makes a "got it" sign at Duncan's whisper, agreeing, she was to add something but she doesn't as thee Tremere harpy gets closer. She stands as well like Duncan does to pay a certain idle respect to the Harpy.

Griffin makes a hand gesture to indicate Duncan and Miri (and Fred ?) can sit once they've stood enough for protocol. The Tremere's gaze is darker and colder than usual, but his demeanor and his manners have not changed. He gives a glare at William, before taking a seat for himself.

(Jean-Pierre) Delightful night, isn't it, Fred, Mr Oliver, Miss de Boucher, Mr Wolvenheart ?

No doubt he is being sarcastic. When a servant offers him blood as well he takes it and puts it right in front of him.
(Jean-Pierre) I won't impose myself to you for too long, childer.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011   Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 7:33 pm

Corinna looks at Felix with a hint of doubt at his proclamation to 'investigate', but refrains from commenting as she's already given her pep talk on manners to Neb. Instead, she watches the Elysium, especially Griffin as he sits with the neonate coterie, and only looks back when Alicia talks to her. She frowns a little at the words 'Miss Library'.
"I certainly won't presume to know the intimacies of our Elysiums as well as you, Miss Vanderstree."
'Miss Library' lets out a little air, like a silent sigh, then points Igor out to the two neonates present.
"Though I might come back on something I said earlier; Messiers, for the Nosferatu's hotline, you could now turn to Igor, he will surely be glad to give you the number."
She doesn't expect them to immediately jump at the opportunity, of course, and now nods to Alicia.
"Other than that, I believe Miss Vanderstree will gladly give you an introduction."
The Tremere turns to Alicia again, wiping the frown from her face in favour of her usual polite smile.
"If you don't mind my presence, I'd like to stay and listen. I also promise not to interrupt."
She seems curious as to what the Harpy will say, as if she were expecting the neonates to blunder again as they did before. It's something to distract her with while the night gets going.
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011   Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 7:45 pm

Neb-uau smiles thinly but looks somewhat relieved, though he doesn't relax by so much as a hair.

That would be most appreciated. Being an outsider in many ways there is much I don't know, and I have no wish to give offense unintentionally.

Turns his head to Corinna.

Thank you very much Corinna, I will be sure to seek him out as soon as Miss Vanderstree finishes talking with us.

Looks back toward Alicia and pays careful attention.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011   Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 8:27 pm

Alicia gives a wide smile to Corinna.
(Alicia) Oh, I would be personally hurt and disappointed if you did not stay, Miss Ansons! The members of your clan are usually so silent, boring, with those eyes..

The Harpy mimics the soul-stealing glare her colleague, Jean-Pierre Griffin, usually gives, losing the smile an instant for the effect. She gets as scary as the Tremere can be. It's now clear to both Neb and Felix that Alicia is a great actress, and that she certainly thinks the Tremere Harpy is fairly scary ; what they've been told by their respective Sires and their little experience with him confirm it. Griffin lives (unlives?) up to his reputation.
(Alicia) Well, with what should I start.. Hm.. manners, maybe? Miss Ansons may look younger, but she is older than me.

She puts her thumb and index together, meaning "only by a little".
(Alicia) Asking the age is a definite don't. If you listen carefully, very carefully.. Pay attention to the choice of words some use, it is the one thing that is hard to change..

She gives a slight look at Griffin when he sits down with the neonates, and indicates them discreetly. She then glances back at Neve and Emilio, and indicates them as well.
(Alicia) Mr Griffin and Mrs Rosetti are fairly skilled as far as their clothing choice is concerned.

Griffin wears a complete three pieces suit with a matching hat. Probably tailored, as the pants and the shirt fall way too perfectly to be by chance. On the other hand, Neve Rosetti wears a long skirt with a corset and an elegant shawl to cover her arms and cleavage.
(Alicia) When I was brought in our society, they always wore their timeless looks, and as they age, I suspect Kindred have a good idea of what to wear.. Well, most of them, however.

She smirks, thinking about particular kindred she has the good taste not to name.
(Alicia) It's also one of the reasons why many members of my particular clans are so much in contact with mortals. We, Toreador, take their fashion, their language more easily than others... Yet, certain phrasings remain. Earlier we saw Mr Darvault, for instance. He still has a certain vocabulary, which is only used by those who have learned their French through formal and ancient education, and for whom writing and reading are the primary mode of communication. On the contrary, those who speak the most oral language are usually the youngest, or the least educated.

It's true spoken and oral French is very different from formal written French, which makes it easy to notice those who have had a pre 60's education from the others or the least educated. The Harpy also meant about the local argot and regionalisms. Of course, education doesn't equal age, but it's clear for Alicia that she considers the oldest to be very educated.
(Alicia) Ah, most of us do not touch each other. Or at least, not directly. She sets her eyes a moment on Laure, Claudia and Jerome, then signs that the neonates should look at Laure holding Jerome's hand. Except, of course, for those who are very close.. much too close for it to be proper, as far as I am concerned at least. I have noticed you do touch each other, Miss Ansons, would you elaborate ?

She questions Corinna with interest and curiosity.

Duncan's phone:
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011   Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 8:42 pm

Listens very carefully to Alicia and looks at the individuals she points out. He remains silent and waits for her to speak some more.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011   Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 9:43 pm

Duncan sits back down once Griffin indicates that protocol has been met, and returns the harpy's greeting with a neutral response.

The night should be interesting, at least.  No imposition, sir.  We were just passing the time, until the, um... hearing starts.

Duncan lowers his voice, until he can't be heard more than a few feet away... by most people.
Auspex=1, Everyone at the table:

With this few people, the room is quiet enough to hear a sudden, soft buzzing from Duncan's pocket.  He pulls his phone out with an apologetic expression, and glances at the screen.

Sorry.  Despite my best efforts, I haven't taught my phone not to interrupt yet.  Perhaps next year's model.  The Brujah speaks to William and the others a moment.  It's Nyx.  I texted her just before we came in here.

Then Duncan addresses Griffin once more.  Forgive me for a moment, sir.  I'll just tell her where we are, and invite her to join us.  Then I'll be right back.

With that, Duncan stands and walks a few meters to the side, and texts a brief reply.  Perhaps thirty seconds later, he returns to the table.  Before sitting down, he makes a show of turning off the phone.

I apologize.  It won't happen again.  I just didn't want her to worry.  She probably would have tried William next. Were telephones this big a nuisance when they were invented?
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011   Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 9:55 pm

Neb-uau looks over at Duncan and nods formally in greeting but does not speak as he does not wish to interrupt Alicia.
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011   Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 9:59 pm

William gestures incredulous with his open hands at the other Neonates. "One moment nobody cares for old fashioned bows or diversions on such actions, and now I get glared for not. Make up your mind people, I'm not telepathic..." he said to no one in particular, but it's intended targets are quite obvious.... everyone.

Auspex 4:

With Duncan having said pretty much all there was to be said, William remained quiet, all though, after the Brujah did his rant about cell phones, William responded. "I believe all modern phones have to option to make it completely silent, including disabling vibrations. "
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011   Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 10:05 pm

Neb-uau pays close attention to all the remarks being made.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011   Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011 - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 5:12 am

Duncan doesn't appear to notice when Neb-uau offers a greeting.  His attention is now focused on his own table.

When William vents his frustration at the amount of etiquette expected by different elders, Duncan smiles.

It's difficult, being low man on the ladder.  Not everyone is as relaxed about protocol as Theodore Jacob, or Primogen Kersten.  Safer to play the humble card, until your elders get tired of it.  Anyway, I turned off the phone for a reason.

Duncan faces Griffin, and his expression becomes more serious.
I don't like bowing and scraping to everyone older than I am; but it's easier when you respect the person in question.  He doesn't add anything to that statement, yet he really doesn't have to.

Was there something you wished to discuss, M. Griffin?
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011   Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011 - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 7:18 am

Neb steeples his long fingers together and pays close attention to all that is said around him.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011   Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011 - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 10:26 am

OOC:
Fred Description:

Fred follows his coterie inside, appearing quite depressed over something, but is no-longer dragging himself.
He sits down as soon as they reach the chairs, partly on his own volition and partly because William pushes him down on one; Fred doesn't seem to mind.

When William asks Fred about his opinion on whether Duncan should fetch Miriel a pillow for her chair, Fred simply replies with a distant "Hm" and looked at the floor while leaning his head on his hand.
He doesn't appear very interested in the conversations around him, though the more perceptive can note that he occasionally slips a peak towards various people; turning his head towards the opposite side of Alicia when his gaze turns towards her.

Fred looks up slightly when Duncan mentions St. Eloi, but is just as quick to hang his head again.
When the waiter arrives with blood, Fred is quick to empty a glass and hoard himself another, he places the second drink on the table and holds it, apparently meaning to drink the second one more properly.
He also sits more properly, but still avoids eye contact and is showing only minimal interest of his surroundings.

Fred either misses out or don't care enough to rise when Griffin approaches, not a very good thing for a possibly foul-mood harpy.

Fred looks up a little when Nyx is mentioned, but once more hangs his head just as quickly.
Fred takes a small sip from his drink and looks at thin air with his depressed facial expression.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011   Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011 - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 11:11 am

When Neb calls her by her first name, Corinna presses her lips together tightly in obvious disapproval, and shakes her head at him.
"Monsieur Neb, I have not given you permission to call me by my first name. I'd appreciate it if you would refrain from doing so."
She gives him a serious look, though she drops the matter after her chastising. It's clear that she doesn't like to have to give a pep talk on manners just after she reprimanded him a few minutes ago.

Corinna manages a real smile at Alicia's display of the classical Tremere glare of doom, death and despair™. Since most of the time, she is the one giving such a glare, it's a bit amusing to see it the way others perceive it.

"Ah, but you do give a great impression. It's true, some of us may be more on the quiet side in Elysium, though we Tremere do have a reputation that is hard to shake."
She's not apologizing for what Alicia perceives to be a deficit in social aptness; obviously, the Librarian likes her 'reputation' just the way it is. For everything else, there's Regent Kersten, after all.

When Alicia indicates her age, Corinna just continues to smile, probably not sure what to make of the comment - was that a compliment, or an insult? Her smile turns to honest interest as Alicia continues, and she also takes care to observe through the eyes of the Harpy as she explains, to try and see for herself. It's clear, though, that she doesn't have as much of a fashion sense as the other Kindred. Instead, she mulls over the Harpy's words about language, being more of an expert on this matter than clothing.

When she is directly addressed by Alicia again, she takes a moment to ponder her answer, lips pursed.

"It's a matter of personal perference, I'd say. And it also depends on what you qualify as touching, Miss Vanderstree. We do value certain ... traditions and etiquette which may require touches out of politeness or for greetings, though I assume that's not what you meant."
She frowns for a moment, thinking again. It's obvious she chooses her words with great care.
"There's also the matter of Thaumaturgy, which may or may not require bodily contact, though again, I assume this is not relevant to your question. Consequently, it depends a lot on the person we are talking about. Claudia, for example, is ... more comfortable with touching others or being touched herself, while I would normally agree with what you said, Miss Vanderstree.
It also depends greatly on the Kindred involved. I would not object to those of higher standing touching me, even if I disliked it, just as I would not hesitate to touch a neonate if I found it to be necessary. Since it's not usual to do so, there's likely a good reason for it to be done."
Corinna believes in the fact that her superiors shouldn't be challenged in such a matter, since they have earned the respect and status to be above her in the first place. It doesn't mean she'd like it, however.
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011   Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011 - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 2:22 pm

Neb-uau looks down.

Of course Miss Ansons. I do seem to be putting my foot in it tonight.

Looks shaken and nervous.
Back to top Go down
LordNoir
Elder
Elder
LordNoir

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011   Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011 - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 12:46 am

Felix has been listening rather intently upon what has been said, but he continued to find himself distracted by Laure and his sire holding hands.

Perception + Empathy > 4:

Once he is able to look away, he focuses again on Alicia and Corinna's lesson. He looks to Neb and offers a nervous smile.

"It will surely take a bit of practice for the both of us to get used to things, but we are neonates, so it is our job to learn."
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011   Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011 - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 11:06 am

Griffin seems interested at the words spoken around him by William, Miriel and Duncan. He does give a glare when he hears the distinctive buzz, and he signs Duncan he should go and attend it before it becomes another nuisance. The Harpy even gives a look at Fred, but "Malkavians be Malkavians", there's no use trying to teach them manners. He doesn't seem to be in need to press the issue.
Once Duncan his back, and as Miriel nods to his precedent questions to Griffin as if she wanted to ask them as well, Griffin leans a little closer and lets them know his answer.

Duncan, Miri, Fred, William, auspex 1, acute sense hearing:

William:

The Tremere harpy gives a slight smirk when protocol is mentioned.
(Jean-Pierre) Both Primogen Jacob and Primogen Kersten know very well how to use protocol, etiquette and politeness. They choose not to, one because he believes he has nothing to prove, the other because he believes it will have the opposite effect. Protocol has only one goal ; for us to know where we all stand towards each other, in a way to disarm conflict before it has a chance to happen. Predictability. To the matters at hand..

As he mentions what he wanted to discuss to begin with, he shakes slightly his head.
(Jean-Pierre) Coteries are important for survival. I wondered whether you had formed yours already. Neonates should always keep relationships to each other, even if they are not part of the same core group. It's something I believe you've been doing well, Mr Oliver, am I right?

He gives a glance at Duncan as he states so, he seems to have had a good sense of observation from what he witnessed in the precedent Elysium night.
(Jean-Pierre) Current times are profitable for young kindred. I would say I'd like for you to keep an eye on those two, he doesn't even need to make a movement to indicate who he is talking about, but I am sure you are going to meet them regardless of what I say. It seems they aren't as used to it as you are, so I'd like for you to teach them by the example. For everyone's safety, that is.

The Tremere doesn't add the fact that gaining access to their circles and clans, as well as sires and specific trainings could be interesting for them. Miriel seems to zone out partially, blinking as the Tremere speaks. She doesn't really seem involved ; protocol? not messing up? city experience? Elysium experience?
(Jean-Pierre) Mr Wolvenheart, I read your curriculum. You may need to learn to read people better in order to adapt your behavior to your surroundings, at least until you have become the Caliph instead of the Caliph. Claudia will certainly teach you, if you are nice enough to her.

Caliph reference : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iznogoud
He is not as certain as he says he is, but he seems to consider Claudia as a helpful person. He seems to be making an effort himself to offer to answer a few questions :

(Jean-Pierre) Unless you have questions for me, I will leave you to your occupations.

Alicia Vanderstree chuckles lightly and with a certain discretion at the words spoken around her. She nods and smiles openly to both Neonates, then to Corinna.
(Alicia) What sort of a name "Neb" is, anyway.. Yes, I meant those salutations you do with your hands, Miss Ansons.. Sectarian, isn't it ?

She thinks about the touching issue a moment, with Corinna's details, and adds.
(Alicia) Your magician tricks are your own, I was just speaking about formality and manners between Kindred. I suspect Miss Vonïgner has very little education in that matter, as she always insist to go by her first name. She hugs and kisses, like a child. Well, considering I heard she was to be Malkavian... Ah, there is something about standing, as well. The Brujah over there, as well as that Toreador did well, when they saw Mr Griffin approach them, they stood.

She seems to despise "that Toreador" (because Alicia is speaking in French, she is talking about a female, and as such, Miriel is the only female at the table so it's clear she is mentioning her). It's also clear she doesn't like Claudia, and by extension, Laure and Jerome. Or maybe she doesn't like one of the Toreadors and uses the Tremere as a pretext.
(Alicia) Certain titles must be used as well, when addressing certain members of the city council. Your excellence, your majesty... You can trick out of those if you have poor memory by using their title. The Brujah Primogen doesn't care about it, as long as there is actual respect in the words spoken, you can be very informal with him.

Common knowledge. You can speak argot with a Brujah. Speaking of which, Theodore Jacob enters Elysium with Doctor.
(Alicia) I believe Primogen Kersten has a fairly similar view of etiquette, but he is not the kind to be very present in social events. I may have seen him.. maybe ten to twelve times since my Becoming. I also exchanged words with him a couple of times, but no more.

Rumors and sire's teaching indeed confirmed that Lyle Kersten was a very strange kind of a Tremere ; the kind that smiles and laughs, but that he is always "busy with stuff".
(Alicia) Well, maybe we should leave them meet with other "young people" so they can relax a little. I think you wanted to tell me something, didn't you, miss Ansons?

She seems far more serious, even if she still acts a bit light and distant with her words. Of course, her saying Ansons wants to talk to her is a way for her to get the message that she is the one that wants to talk to Ansons, and not the other way around.

Last edited by Claudia on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011   Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011 - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 11:20 am

Neb looks to Alicia.

Thank you again for the instruction Miss. Vanderstree. To answer your question my full name is Neb-uau Mubarak. Neb-uau roughly translates into fearless and Mubarak translates to blessed one. I tend to go by Neb, particularly here in France in order to save people the embarrassment of mangling the pronunciation of my name. I find that it is simpler and keeps both parties from embarrassment.

Neb-uau looks cautious.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011   Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011 - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 11:30 am

Alicia raises an eyebrow as she hears the full name.
(Alicia) I think you sill have to go and ask for.. a more proper name, at least in public. Aliases are a Kindred's best friend, and I do think such an original name will only hinder you in our society. It was very common for foreigners to adapt their names when they moved here, but it seems that has changed... Yours is complicated enough. Why would you introduce yourself with your first name only, too? Unless we become close names, it is going to be Mr Mubarak for me.

Until recently, there was a policy in France which basically forced foreigners moving in to take a simpler name ; names got simplified, shortened, and they even game "the French equivalent" to first names ; Jorge would become Georges, John would become Jean, and so on.
Actual law text : http://www.ambafrance-at.org/IMG/pdf/Francisation_prenom_et_nom.pdf
(you can certainly google translate most of it, now it's facultative, you can either translate, add, or adapt your name and/or surname )

Alicia can pronounce Mubarak perfectly well. Probably because it's pronounced so many times in the radio and tv news...
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011   Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011 - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 1:58 pm

OOC: I don't quite think Miriel is supposed to be that shallow and empty headed. Could be mistaken tho.

The Scooby gang and the sourly Prince, Acute Sense Hearing, Auspex 1 + Perception >=4, Supernatural cantrips to spy or electronic bugs, ect:

Neb-Uau:

William studied Griffin's attire, his left eyebrow raised a tiny bit in a question he didn't state, as the group relaxed and began talking more openly.
"Well, Belgian politeness is pretty much giving you a good beer at perfect temperature, the best seat in the house and a good tale to laugh at with a friendly clap on your back. But I presume only one of those 4 interest you, so I'll just go with 'Excuse my lack of French Etiquette, Monsieur Griffin. I'll attempt to do better next time... or find less polite company to hang around with.'" Adding the last part as a joke. "Besides,if you'd read my Curriculum, you'd know I'd much prefer the 4 walls of a laboratory rather than the games of the Bordeaux nightlife. I'd leave interacting with Bordeaux's finest to you, the results would be much more favorable for the clan after all." William added as he gestured to Griffin, ignoring his sullen mood.

"But I did not know that settites would mingle much with... our kind? As in Camarilla members. So I could perhaps be slightly surprised if we end up interact with the neonate, but who knows. The Toreador perhaps... Either way I guess we could show em some tricks, even if it's to make sure they don't get the rest of us into trouble by proxy."
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011   Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011 - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 3:22 pm

William:

Nods politely to Alicia.

I have been far too long at university. Things are far less formal there and I'm afraid I have picked up some bad habits.

As far as taking on a French name I have never given it much thought. I'm afraid that I know very little of French nominatives and could use help in that area. I would consider it an honor if you would help me in this matter as well, Miss. Vanderstree. If not I do understand, you have been of great help tonight as it stands. I shall remember this evening for quite some time.

Neb-uau sounds sincere and his inflection makes it clear that this is not an attempt at flattery.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011   Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011 - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 4:58 pm

Duncan listens to Jean-Pierre Griffin's whispered reply with interest, looking at the two neonates with Alicia as the Tremere speaks.  Between his reaction and William's, it is more than obvious that the new arrivals are the topic of discussion.  Duncan's expression appears neutral, as if his opinion of the new Kindred has yet to be decided.  He merely nods, and turns back to the others at his table.

Auspex=1, acute hearing, those seated at his table:

When Griffin talks about coteries, and observes that Duncan has been making connections among his peers, the Brujah merely shrugs.  Yet when Griffin suggests that they 'keep an eye' on the new people, Duncan nods.  William's comic book reference amuses Duncan, and he glances at Griffin to see whether the comment is wasted on the elder.  He listens to the younger Tremere as he talks about the other neonates, and he agrees.

It's certainly good to meet one's peers.  Things tend to be more informal with Kindred of the same age... or close to the same age, anyway.  Easier to ask a favor of someone when you're on the same social level, instead of trying to get the attention of an elder.

I'd planned to introduce myself anyway.  I'm sure Miriel is eager to talk to them, too... once they're finished speaking to Alicia.  Duncan smiles slightly, although it's not readily apparent why he is amused.

When Theodore Jacob and Doctor enter the déambulatoire, Duncan looks at them both with interest, but makes no move to join them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011   Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Grand Theatre - Déambulatoire Monday March 28th 2011
Page 6 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next