Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skyrim

Go down 
+15
Cretino
Karavolos
eye of the divine
Eliza
Maxus Corvin
Childe of Malkav
Zer0Morph
Voraxith
SaulottheGentle
FallenRaven
malak
MxM
Toreador
Claudia
aneumann01
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Skyrim - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim   Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 6:30 am

Learning the words is only the first step. You need to also unlock their power with dragon souls. Either that or get your friendly neighborhood Greybeard to grant you his understanding of the shout.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

Skyrim - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim   Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 6:57 am

Seriously? Can I just bug greybeards instead of boring fights with dragons?
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Skyrim - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim   Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 7:07 am

That's how the Dragonborn learns that particular shout in Skyrim.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Skyrim - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim   Skyrim - Page 22 EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 2:45 pm

Skyrim - Page 22 21078784_1997001777250363_6025205297964767996_n
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Skyrim - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim   Skyrim - Page 22 EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 5:04 pm

And it could cover the cost of quite a few houses with full redecoration...
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Skyrim - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim   Skyrim - Page 22 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 2:17 am

Eh, houses are kind of pointless. I mean how much time do you actually spend in them compared to wandering around? A single safe container to store all the thing you don't want to sell is all you really need.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

Skyrim - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim   Skyrim - Page 22 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 4:33 am

A proper sailor has a wench in every port. Proper Dovahkiin has a house in every town!
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Skyrim - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim   Skyrim - Page 22 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 6:23 am

Dragatus wrote:
Eh, houses are kind of pointless. I mean how much time do you actually spend in them compared to wandering around? A single safe container to store all the thing you don't want to sell is all you really need.

I am a half German engineer. I sort and segregate all my loot in accordance with its function, i.e. weapons, ingredients, potions... I hate mess.

@Jad: Indeed. Every inland town included.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Skyrim - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim   Skyrim - Page 22 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 4:55 pm

Just use SkyUI and and that one chest will be nice and orderly with tabs and a search function.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Skyrim - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim   Skyrim - Page 22 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 5:33 pm

Dragatus wrote:
Just use SkyUI and and that one chest will be nice and orderly with tabs and a search function.

Does it run on Second Edition? I heard there was a problem with it...?
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

Skyrim - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim   Skyrim - Page 22 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 5:43 pm

Do you playas got any favorite home? Mods included.

I really like a mod that allowed you to reform Castle Volkihar to your needs. So you could remove the Molag Bal shrine and put it instead a shirne to Hermaeus Mora, to Auriel, to a bunch of other gods, and the shrine room would change accordingly. Only main problem was completing the actual questline in order to have the castle before abandoning the char and rolling a new one.

Vanilla, my favorite were Breezehome (Whiterun) and the one in Windhelm. First one is pretty comfy and cheap, Windhelm's fit more for a necromancer / evil dude playthrough
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Skyrim - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim   Skyrim - Page 22 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 6:29 pm

Feral wrote:
Dragatus wrote:

Does it run on Second Edition? I heard there was a problem with it...?

It needs the script extender. If they still haven't implemented it, then it won't.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Skyrim - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim   Skyrim - Page 22 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 6:56 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Do you playas got any favorite home? Mods included.

I really like a mod that allowed you to reform Castle Volkihar to your needs. So you could remove the Molag Bal shrine and put it instead a shirne to Hermaeus Mora, to Auriel, to a bunch of other gods, and the shrine room would change accordingly. Only main problem was completing the actual questline in order to have the castle before abandoning the char and rolling a new one.

Vanilla, my favorite were Breezehome (Whiterun) and the one in Windhelm. First one is pretty comfy and cheap, Windhelm's fit more for a necromancer / evil dude playthrough

Mine is Breezhome, mostly because it was the first one for most walktroughs. It is from good guy Balgruf, too. Honeyside in Riften is cool, it has a garden and an entrance bypassing the city walls (there had to be a loooong peace in Skyrim for anyone to allow that). Vlinder Hall in Markarth is cool too. I really like the esthetics and layout of it, as well as the convenient bookshelves. Yes, I am a nerd... Severin Manor is great for crafting, unique and smells pleasently of Morrowind (Aldhrun much?), but you cannot move the children there. I usually end adopting Alesan and Blaise on my runs, so this is a minus. Funny, as I haven't gotten my character married even once...

@Dragatus: Thanks. I heard they tried. I am not sure as far as a result is concerned.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Skyrim - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim   Skyrim - Page 22 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 9:12 pm

Severin Manor is the one on Solstheim, yes? That's my personal favourite because it comes fully equipped and has a good layout that allows you to quickly access whatever aprt of it that you need.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Skyrim - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim   Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 8:33 am

Dragatus wrote:
Severin Manor is the one on Solstheim, yes? That's my personal favourite because it comes fully equipped and has a good layout that allows you to quickly access whatever aprt of it that you need.

This one. One thing I don't like about it is the bug that makes dungeon music the ambient. It would have been much more homey with the regular one.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Skyrim - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim   Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 4:40 pm

You know, I got to think Bethesda is antisemitic.

As anyone who played Morrowind knows, the Dunmer are modeled after the Hebrews. Religious society ruled by the Temple and tribal chiefs, shunned and distrusted by culturally different neighbors, with atypical religion, conquered by Romans (well close enough), waiting for a messiah (Nerevarine), ruled by king Helseth (Herod)... The list goes on.

And what do the Dunmer (Jews) get as a racial power...? Fire resistance!
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Skyrim - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim   Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 5:21 pm

Maybe they just mean you well? "Gosh darnit, if those poor Jews just had fire resistance, maybe less of them would've died."

p.s.: Before you brought it up I personally never associated Dunmer with Jews. I saw the Tribunal Temple as more pseudo-Catholic (holy trinity, crapload of saints, an inquisition) and Dunmer attitude towards foreigners as pseudo-Japanese (outlander/gaijin). I suppose it's actually a mishmash of different influences and there is no single parallel.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Skyrim - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim   Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 5:57 pm

I would have to be more conscious to discuss the parallels in detail, but it was totally like first century AD Province of Judea to me... Even the Legionaries' shields were taken from this period...
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Skyrim - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim   Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 6:19 pm

Empire = Rome is a given. They even ripped of the armor Russel Crow wears in the Gladiator.

Skyrim - Page 22 Ar_imperial

Skyrim - Page 22 Maxbleeds2
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

Skyrim - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim   Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 7:35 pm

I agree with Draggyatus. The dunmer always had more of a Japanese + bugs + lava to me. Granted, I never knew all that much about dem jewz to make comparisions.

But who says Bethesda are only allowed to draw from one culture?
Socially they're japanese -> Great Houses + distrustful of outsiders
Religiously they're catholic -> Holy Trinity, Inquisition, Saints n shit
Historically they're jews -> The exodus, religion unlike any in the world, waiting for the messiah, tribes, yada yada.

I actually feel the dunmer were much more worked on than the other races that we've seen so far (Haven't played ESO so I don't know it's lore)

Argonians and Khajits sounds pretty unique and alien, but we haven't seen much of it.
Nords are not!Scandinavia
Hammerfel is not!Arabia minus the religion
Cyrodill is not!Roman Empire.
I have no idea what High Rock is supposed to be

Summerset and the wood elves thingy seems to follow very common fantasy tropes as "The Wood Elf Kingdom" and "The High Elf Kingdom", etc.

In previous ES books, there are talks about how Cyrodill is a jungle and there are dragon riders in the Imperial army and whatnut. Maybe all the regions are this fantastic but when it comes to Oblivion and Skyrim bethesda decided to go very generic
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

Skyrim - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim   Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 2:41 am

High Rock is Russia. Obviously.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Skyrim - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim   Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 6:39 am

Jad.3 wrote:
High Rock is Russia. Obviously.

Medieval France and/or Norman England. Their names are French, their culture is chivalry, court intrigue and pierdylion of half independent fiefdoms, knights, ladies, fashion... The Reachmen are more Celtic, like Bretons, Welsh, Scottish and Irish. But it was connected and interwoven part of Anglonorman world...

I am afraid I will have to differ with both Draggy and Philo. As far as the Dunmer in Oblivion were cleary Chinese inspired, as architecture of Chayendil clearly shows, both Morrowind and Skyrim have them circumcised.

Social organisation is like the Jews of Hasmonean period: weak king and strong aristocratic houses wth their clients, as well as nomadic tribes. Partly it paralells Japanease Daymyo, I will give you that. All that with superiority complex for unclean foreigners and their dirty ways is shared by Japanese and Jews, true... Dunmer resented their occupiers of an empire with scutum type shields, Japanese were not occupied until recently. One thing here: they have volcanoes, sea and a hurmongous desert with bad dust storm: Israel as f.... Good Mt. Hermon is dormant...

As for the religion, it is clearly Judaism of Sannhedrin (pre-Rabinate) period: Great Temple with Synagogues everywhere, controling every aspect of life, stoning its prophets and supressing hopes for Messiah... One that is supposed to drive the occupiers out, while the Empire and the Temple are cooperating in the occupation. No japanese paralel. Clearly one with Poncius Pilates. Trio of Tribunes could be a joke on both Catolicism and Judaism: after the Messiah most of the Jews started following One in Three Persons... Sanhedrin was a court for religious offences, so Inquisition argument may be overreaching: it was not unique. All claming so should face Hudud for denaying Sharia! Well, I get overzealous...

History is Jewish: the Dunmer were led by a Prophet Veloth out of their sinful homeland to cross the mountains (totally not Sinai) and settle in Promised Land. Which had been already settled by technologically superior Dwemer (Philistines), who were godless but knew how to work the Animunculi (iron). Then under inspired leadership, when all the tribes united Resdyn (Caanan) was conquered, six Houses and six Ashland tribes (12 tribes) settled the land and started infighting, which made them weak. Nords and then Cyrodiils (Assyrians, Persians, Greeks, Rome) invaded and conquered, so the people were opressed and not free to live according to faith and custom, their ancient customs supressed or outlawed. Then a weak king Helseth united the land again, but he lived in a pocket of the Empire (Herod). There was a call for Messiah, but the Temple stoned a load of prophets fortelling his coming and wanted him dead. It was shown that he came, but not to drive out the Empire, but to show the people that their faith was false and brittle, Tribunes being false Gods, Deadra the real ones (New Testament loose paralel), then a great catastrophy came and dispersed the people across Tamriel (Earth)... Besides, the Green Quarter in Windhelm is a typical getto in from a medieval city...

Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Skyrim - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim   Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 6:41 am

The Altmer are proud, superiority complex driven, imagination deprieved Germans.

I am not sute about the Bosmer.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

Skyrim - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim   Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 6:43 am

I had a funny meme ready for you before I realised I meant the orcs. High Rock is bretonian. Facepalm. Lulz. Etc.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

Skyrim - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim   Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 8:08 am

I think you've made your point far better than I've made mine, Feral Laughing

I couldn't be able to make these connections mostly because I don't know shit about Judea ( except the "Assyrians killed nearly everyone" part).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Skyrim - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim   Skyrim - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Skyrim
Page 22 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next