Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I know its been done to death.....

Go down 
+3
Feral
Dragatus
Constaintine92
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Constaintine92
Fledgling
Fledgling

I know its been done to death..... Empty
PostSubject: I know its been done to death.....   I know its been done to death..... EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 9:55 pm

..... But I really think it would be awesome if you could somehow combine both VTMB and VTMFN in one big awesome game.

Here's what I am saying. You know how in some games at, like, the beginning of the game you have an option to select which game you want to play? I am thinking that this game could do that to. That way, new players feel like they have two different games (and from what I understand, that's not quite the wrong thing to say, as I am majorly impressed with what I have heard Very Happy) and Veteran players can explore the Final nights universe as well as the game they loved  growing up with.

I myself being an avid player of VTMB, I can't help but see Final Nights as something I want, no.... NEED to play, but I have invested a lot of time into the VTMB characters I have created and I do not REALLY want to start over from scratch ^^; plz tell me that I am not as crazy as the Malkavians I so love being! D8
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: I know its been done to death.....   I know its been done to death..... EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 1:45 am

Unfortunately it is as crazy as the Malkavians you like to play.

What you can do however, is have multiple installations of Bloodlines with different mods applied to them.
Back to top Go down
Constaintine92
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I know its been done to death.....   I know its been done to death..... EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 3:37 pm

Wait how does one do that? I have been DYING to know how to do that
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: I know its been done to death.....   I know its been done to death..... EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 4:12 pm

Constaintine92 wrote:
Wait how does one do that? I have been DYING to know how to do that
1. Install fresh VTMB.
2. Copy the Bloodlines folder. (Activision/BLOODLINES/Vampire/Whatever)
3. Keep one "clean" copy, install mods to the freshly copied and renamed folders
(Activision/TFN/...
Activision/CE/...
etc...
4. Make shortcuts from vampire.exe in each respective folder, drag them to the desktop and rename accordingly.

Done.

Cool 

Back to top Go down
Constaintine92
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I know its been done to death.....   I know its been done to death..... EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 7:34 pm

THank you SOOOOOO very much! 8D Just one more question. If it was bought on steam, what would that look like in terms of installing the spate mods? :3
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: I know its been done to death.....   I know its been done to death..... EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 5:17 am

Constaintine92 wrote:
THank you SOOOOOO very much! 8D Just one more question. If it was bought on steam, what would that look like in terms of installing the spate mods? :3

Ummm... Dunno. I run a copy from Trymedia. Bought it long time ago. But I remember somebody on the forum discussing that... Or just use Google?  Cool 

@Claudia: Was that you who has Stem install? Or my memory plays tricks on me again?
Back to top Go down
Constaintine92
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I know its been done to death.....   I know its been done to death..... EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 3:14 pm

huh, ok I think ill try it then thanks ^^
Back to top Go down
Constaintine92
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I know its been done to death.....   I know its been done to death..... EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 3:31 pm

Any info on how to do this on the steam version would be very much appreciated ^^ thank you so much :3
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: I know its been done to death.....   I know its been done to death..... EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 5:32 pm

Easiest way to do it would be to simply copy everything OUT of your steam folder somewhere else. You will need to reroute any shortcuts, and will no longer be able to launch from inside steam (so, no achievements, if they have any.)
typical windows path for steam is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ *game name here*
that said, my copy was purchased at Chapters when gamers were still excited about the engine and PnP gamers were throwing the shadow of Redemption across the Bloodlines without purchasing, so I can't promise that steam will have put it there. I did this with my skyrim and portal games, so the method is solid.
Back to top Go down
Constaintine92
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I know its been done to death.....   I know its been done to death..... EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 5:35 pm

SO basically u are saying take everything out of the Vampire The Masqurade- Bloodlines folder?
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: I know its been done to death.....   I know its been done to death..... EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 5:41 pm

no, I am suggesting MOVING the entire Vampire - Bloodlines folder, then copying that for multiple mod versions. you will have multiple copies of the program.
I have my four complete installs of VTMB, one CR, one clean, one plus patch, and one TFN. (clan quest and companions never interested me, other than the group thing which feels DnDish I don't see them adding anything. If someone can prove me wrong, please do.)

downside to this: takes up more space
upsides: switch mods from shortcuts on desktop, no weird interaction between mods, easy to access clean install for new patches (just delete old mod and copy clean over, then apply new patch)
Back to top Go down
Constaintine92
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I know its been done to death.....   I know its been done to death..... EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 5:48 pm

Huh ok so the whole folder gets moved out of steam. ok ^^ just remove it entirely like cut it and then copy it? (srry if I seem repetitive, I am a noob and I know it ^^; )
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: I know its been done to death.....   I know its been done to death..... EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 5:50 pm

That's all I do. Takes a few minutes (about 10 on my computer) to move everything, but yeah, just cut/paste or drag-n-drop. copy/paste if you want to leave a copy behind in steam fro your clean install.

Edit: missed the first word. bugger.
Back to top Go down
Constaintine92
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I know its been done to death.....   I know its been done to death..... EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 6:00 pm

Well than that's what im going to try ^^
Back to top Go down
Constaintine92
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I know its been done to death.....   I know its been done to death..... EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 6:23 pm

Well damn....its not working ^^; oh well back to the drawing board. Thanks for your help anyway :3
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: I know its been done to death.....   I know its been done to death..... EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 7:15 pm

I don't have a Steam copy so I was afraid to attempt to answer this question. Thank you Malak for helping out. With the retail CDs, you can do exactly what Malak said and just cut/copy and paste to a new location and make copies based off of that for the different mods. I had TFN Beta, regular TFN, and Vanilla Bloodlines on my machine at the same time with different short cuts for each. Worked like a charm, I just had to make sure the CD was in the drive and it worked fine.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Constaintine92
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I know its been done to death.....   I know its been done to death..... EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 8:36 pm

thank you guys for all of your help ^^ im sure ill find some other way to accomplish my goal. again thanks to all of you for your help :3
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: I know its been done to death.....   I know its been done to death..... EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 9:17 pm

could you tell us whats happening, and also how you are starting the game? Might tell one of us whats wrong.
Also, does it work with the clean install? Might sound stupid, but sometimes a setting gets flipped somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Constaintine92
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I know its been done to death.....   I know its been done to death..... EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 4:17 pm

Well when I pulled the file from Steam and made the different folder, it still for whatever reason required steam or else I would get "Failed to Find Steam."
Back to top Go down
Bloodstone
Elder
Elder
Bloodstone

PostSubject: Re: I know its been done to death.....   I know its been done to death..... EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 10:35 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
I don't have a Steam copy so I was afraid to attempt to answer this question. Thank you Malak for helping out. With the retail CDs, you can do exactly what Malak said and just cut/copy and paste to a new location and make copies based off of that for the different mods. I had TFN Beta, regular TFN, and Vanilla Bloodlines on my machine at the same time with different short cuts for each. Worked like a charm, I just had to make sure the CD was in the drive and it worked fine.

I do much the same I have Vanilla Bloodlines in one drive partition and TFN, Plus Patch and CE in another.

I also use a no cd patch, and every thing works fine.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: I know its been done to death.....   I know its been done to death..... EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 10:55 pm

I own the international DVD version. So no "no CD patch" necessary, but quite a lot of disc-space. I have the usual basic install, a vanilla version with completely unpacked archives for modding purposes, the plus patch, two versions of CE, TFN, and various test and merging installs...

geek 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I know its been done to death.....   I know its been done to death..... Empty

Back to top Go down

I know its been done to death.....
Page 1 of 1