Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Consent from Heather

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
buzzsaw
Ancillae
Ancillae
buzzsaw

Consent from Heather Empty
PostSubject: Consent from Heather   Consent from Heather EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 2:37 pm

I'd love if it were possible to ask or tell Heather every time you need to feed from her. It's awkward attacking her all the time. You start out being able to tell her when you need to feed (she even tells you if it's unsafe), and then your conversations eventually peter out to: "About your appearance...change it," and "I'll return later." Being able to ask/demand blood and say something besides "bye" lends a little more depth to her role in your unlife and makes your interactions feel more satisfying, so I wish it extended throughout the game.

I don't know if you can adjust bloodpools by in-game qualifiers, but it occurred to me just now that Heather's bloodpool getting weaker or stronger depending on how you treat her would be interesting, if it were possible. (Of course, that ignores the fact that you aren't exactly doing what's best for her by keeping her around, period, at least outside of the Save Heather fix. ^^; )
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Consent from Heather   Consent from Heather EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 3:29 pm

buzzsaw wrote:
I'd love if it were possible to ask or tell Heather every time you need to feed from her. It's awkward attacking her all the time. You start out being able to tell her when you need to feed (she even tells you if it's unsafe), and then your conversations eventually peter out to: "About your appearance...change it," and "I'll return later." Being able to ask/demand blood and say something besides "bye" lends a little more depth to her role in your unlife and makes your interactions feel more satisfying, so I wish it extended throughout the game.

I don't know if you can adjust bloodpools by in-game qualifiers, but it occurred to me just now that Heather's bloodpool getting weaker or stronger depending on how you treat her would be interesting, if it were possible. (Of course, that ignores the fact that you aren't exactly doing what's best for her by keeping her around, period, at least outside of the Save Heather fix. ^^; )
In german I'd say: "Da rennst Du bei mir offene Türen ein." I'd certainly prefer it if you could only feed from her after a certain time has passed since the last time, and only via dialog. But that would require making the player haven Elysium, and this isn't a good idea because in the endgame you need the haven to be masquerade area or combat zone to prep your weapons before you hop into the cab for the fights.

geek 
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: Consent from Heather   Consent from Heather EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 11:08 pm

buzzsaw wrote:

I thought it already was the cause that she needs to be asked for her blood before you get it. Attacking her for it is an option, but not one I've used often, if at all. Though with asking, it doesn't allow saying anything to her after you're done. Hell, I'd want to lay her down on the sofa or carry her into the bedroom and lay her on the bed afterwards, but as much of an idea as that is...

Childe of Malkav wrote:
But that would require making the player haven Elysium, and this isn't a good idea because in the endgame you need the haven to be masquerade area or combat zone to prep your weapons before you hop into the cab for the fights.

Wouldn't it be possible to make it Elysium during most of the game, and change it during the end-game?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Consent from Heather   Consent from Heather EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 4:45 am

As the dialog is now, you can ask her, but only until a certain point in the game. Don't recall when or why it stops. Never actually checked. And she only allows it up to, I believe, 3 times.

Making the haven Elysium has other problems as well. The Nossie haven is on the downtown hub map, in skylines you must be able to fight or use disciplines, at least if I still want to have the Akeem quest on that particular map.

geek 
Back to top Go down
buzzsaw
Ancillae
Ancillae
buzzsaw

PostSubject: Re: Consent from Heather   Consent from Heather EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 10:10 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
But that would require making the player haven Elysium, and this isn't a good idea because in the endgame you need the haven to be masquerade area or combat zone to prep your weapons before you hop into the cab for the fights.

Damn! I thought it'd be a matter of extending that dialogue option/animation sequence throughout the game. I think leaving it possible to attack her as well works fine in the context of the game, though. I'd imagine it's par for the course where low-Humanity, abusive characters are concerned. It's more satisfying if you have the freedom to choose how to treat her. Of course, that means she's always conveniently full of blood. She should be a finite resource, in an ideal setting.

Maxus Corvin wrote:
I thought it already was the cause that she needs to be asked for her blood before you get it. Attacking her for it is an option, but not one I've used often, if at all. Though with asking, it doesn't allow saying anything to her after you're done. Hell, I'd want to lay her down on the sofa or carry her into the bedroom and lay her on the bed afterwards, but as much of an idea as that is...

Well, yeah, it starts out that way, like I said. It's always bothered me that eventually you can't ask anymore, so if I need a little blood, I have to jump her.

You can't talk to her after you feed from her, period. I'm pretty sure the timer is the same whether it's a dialogue-lead feed or not.

I'd love the option to be more caring toward her. Hell, even if feeding from her left her sleeping the rest of your visit, or even for the rest of your time on your haven's map (though the latter would probably mess with the story's progression as far as her character development goes). But the only model that looks like it's sleeping is the first male citizen in the Medical Center.

Sending her out to get you stuff would be great in a more immersive "perks of having a ghoul" way, but it would probably make the game too easy if you could just say, "Sweetie, while I'm out, real quick, just go hustle a couple dozen people; I need to buy a flamethrower."

Childe of Malkav wrote:
As the dialog is now, you can ask her, but only until a certain point in the game. Don't recall when or why it stops. Never actually checked. And she only allows it up to, I believe, 3 times.

I'll try to make a note of it on my current playthrough, but I'm not sure when or why it stops, either. Didn't even realize it capped at 3, just thought it stopped after a certain point in the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Consent from Heather   Consent from Heather Empty

Back to top Go down

Consent from Heather
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: undead LA mod :: Whishes for a new mod-
Jump to: