Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Way Around Ming Xiao Poster Quest?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

Way Around Ming Xiao Poster Quest? Empty
PostSubject: Way Around Ming Xiao Poster Quest?   Way Around Ming Xiao Poster Quest? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:22 am

I'm playing a Tremere with the background of 'Medicine Salesman' (or some similar title) and have run into a rut in getting the Jock Shot magazine because the chest in Carson's apartment requires a lockpicking skill of 10, and you can't use blood buff due to its being in the Elysium, and my Dexterity can't go over 3. I tried upping my stats using the console, but that didn't work. So, I'm wondering - is there a way to work around this so that I can get the Ming Xiao poster, as well as continue on with the following quests?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Way Around Ming Xiao Poster Quest?   Way Around Ming Xiao Poster Quest? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:49 pm

Hey there,

You can use Blood Buff in Elysium as long as you are actively trying to pick a lock. Walk into Carson's apt, begin picking the lock, while you are picking the lock activate Blood Buff.

I don't like how the poster quest is setup in CE 1.2. First off it's broken as we all know by now, and 2 the locations of the items Gary is asking for are obscure at best and you don't even get any XP for completing it, or you get like 1 point or something like that, I forget which. Either I plan on overhauling the poster quest or possibly removing it from CE, I'm not sure which yet.

Either way I hope that helps...
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Way Around Ming Xiao Poster Quest?   Way Around Ming Xiao Poster Quest? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 3:57 am

Wow, I had never thought of trying Blood Buff during the lockpicking process. And even if I had, I probably would've assumed it wouldn't work in an Elysium, anyway. Good to know. And while I know, and have heard many reports, of the quest being broken and such, I still like it and just think of it as a little treat at the end - not necessarily needing the experience. I'm not one to play the game only for experience and power, anyhow. I just like playing every aspect possible. And overhaul would be nice, though.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Way Around Ming Xiao Poster Quest?   Way Around Ming Xiao Poster Quest? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 2:41 pm

Agreed, I like the fact that posters appear in your haven after each completion of finding an item. I also agree that I'm not a XP monger only running a quest for the XP, though a little XP after spending the time doing one is never a bad thing.

I think the poster quest could be so much more than what it is now, so I plan on looking into making it "better" and of course NOT-broken, lol.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Way Around Ming Xiao Poster Quest?   Way Around Ming Xiao Poster Quest? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 4:40 pm

Changing the xp for a quest really is a piece of cake. It only needs a few changes in "experience_table.txt" and "quests_location.txt" . They are located in \vdata\system.

For the posters themselves, i remember there was originally no quest at all, and you could get VVs poster from her, if you did both her quests and were nice to her the whole time (not easy with that teary toreador Twisted Evil ).
So I thought it would be nicely ironical if you got the Tawni poster from Imalia if you did her camera quest successfully Twisted Evil

Giving some of the posters in this way would also be good for another idea i have: Creating more different magical items and give them more randomly. Not reward for quest a is item b, but reward for the quest can be one of a choice of items.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Way Around Ming Xiao Poster Quest?   Way Around Ming Xiao Poster Quest? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 4:46 pm

Well VV doesn't give you a poster, sh gives you an autographed picture of herself...

(And I'd steal Imalia's poster from Carson's place...)

About Imalia, the wuest she gives you to get her magazine, could you put other options to find this magazine ? I'd find it logical to find it at Carson's apartment.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Way Around Ming Xiao Poster Quest?   Way Around Ming Xiao Poster Quest? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 5:05 pm

Claudia wrote:
About Imalia, the wuest she gives you to get her magazine, could you put other options to find this magazine ? I'd find it logical to find it at Carson's apartment.

You'll probably find it in his bathroom Twisted Evil , if you can get that on the map.

- geek
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Way Around Ming Xiao Poster Quest?   Way Around Ming Xiao Poster Quest? EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 5:07 am

I remember getting VV's poster more than once when playing an earlier patch. 1.2 + 3.something. I either got it from Gary or from VV. I know that I've always managed to get VV's autographed picture as well as her poster. This run through, I haven't gotten it.

Does Carson's bathroom even exist? I'd think you would have to model it in because it's probably an empty space behind the 'wall.' I don't remember the door being more than an indent in the wall. Perhaps I'm wrong, but from what I've seen, the patches and modifications are mostly the reworking of things that already exist in the game files.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Way Around Ming Xiao Poster Quest?   Way Around Ming Xiao Poster Quest? EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:04 pm

I have similar problem but i'm running CE 1.4

I have opened chest in Carson's apartment a little before I got email from Gury, asking for Jock Shot magazine, and found there GUY magazine for Imalia, but she is not taking it.

So, i'm really confused now. Should i go and buy another copy of a GUY magazine from sin bin?wouldn't i have any troubles?and is this Jock Shot magazine still in game?

Also, guys, thank you for the great mod and amount of work you spent on it.

Last edited by Cheshire on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Way Around Ming Xiao Poster Quest?   Way Around Ming Xiao Poster Quest? EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:26 pm

HI,
welcome to our forum Smile

Did you install the patch as well as the original CE 1.4? If you have the patch, you should see CE 1.4.02 on your character creation screen.
If you don't have it, download it from the CE Download section on our forum, or get it from ModDB. You can install the patch and continue playing, but there is a risk of freezing the Santa Monica pedestrians, as this map was changed in the patch.

If you're running CE as part of the clan quest mod, this problem should not have occured. If you use one of the compilations, I can't and won't help you any further.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Cheshire
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Way Around Ming Xiao Poster Quest?   Way Around Ming Xiao Poster Quest? EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:38 pm

Oh, thank you so much, for such fast response.

No, I'm using only CE 1.4, so...thanks again)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Way Around Ming Xiao Poster Quest?   Way Around Ming Xiao Poster Quest? Empty

Back to top Go down

Way Around Ming Xiao Poster Quest?
Page 1 of 1