Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Neglected locations

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Blitzkriegfrost
Fledgling
Fledgling
Blitzkriegfrost

Neglected locations Empty
PostSubject: Neglected locations   Neglected locations EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 9:59 am

So for 1.3, I had two major ideas. The first would be to implement the library level, which Wesp restored in his unofficial patch (8.4, I think).

As for the second, one of the most neglected (but potentially awesome) areas of the game is the alley by the Hallowbrook hotel. If you go past the area where you take the elevator into the hotel, there is a large open alley-like space, with a few dumpsters and two warehouse doors (which are scenery and cannot be opened). There is a fence at the end of the alley, blocking the way to the sewer entrance that leads to Brother Kankar. Even back when I played the original, unpatched, unmodded (buggy as Hell) VTMB all those years ago, I felt as if it would be great place, either for a fight or for a secret rendezvous in a quest (since it's very open, but also very secluded). It's a great area that has potential to be part of a quest. Just an idea.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Neglected locations   Neglected locations EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 11:34 am

I must concur that is one of the most neglected areas in the game...

Problem is, scripting, doing models, dialogue writing, lip synching etc is a pain in...
So unless Malkav or Zer0 have any ideas, we could only dream...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Neglected locations   Neglected locations EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 12:24 pm

Hm, adding the library to TFN would probably not be too hard. If Zer0 wants to do it. The map is great. But to be honest, the story isn't that good.

I've also thought often about that alley and that there should be something more interesting than just a bit of empty space.
But as Feral already stated, you need a good idea for a quest or whatever taking place there. And of course, new dialog is not easy to create. And then, there is another problem. This alley is one of the places where "interesting place"animations don't work. So any npc activities have to be completely predefined using scripted animations. This is not impossible, but more work.

geek 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neglected locations   Neglected locations Empty

Back to top Go down

Neglected locations
Page 1 of 1