Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This time I need help

Go down 
+5
MxM
FallenRaven
Feral
malak
Childe of Malkav
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

This time I need help - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This time I need help   This time I need help - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 7:13 pm

Actaully IMO bloof buff is bad for gameplay and we would be better off without it. All it really does is devalue Security.
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: This time I need help   This time I need help - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 7:14 pm

Claudia wrote:
Malkav, I can photoshop around, just send me the image files (I'm too scared to extract them) Smile

It is a odd process, since the files are archived in an odd fashion. The player skin textures are scatted across the vpk files, as are many of the other files. Not sure if the program is included with the UP, but there is a program that allows one to view the files, and find out exactly where things are(including getting a look at the textures themselves), called Packfile Explorer. If it isn't included with the UP, it should be on PV.

Once you know were the textures are, then it's just extracting them with the Vpk Tool(included with the UP, and with any mod that used it as a base - it's in the Extras or Tools folder), and converting them to a tga for editing. The only problem once edited, is that they must be saved as a .dds file, then converted with the Vpk Tool once again.

Also, I have a few edited skins myself, which might be of interest.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: This time I need help   This time I need help - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 4:45 am

No need to worry about that. I have a copy of the game with all archives extracted on my disc for modding purposes. So if I need a skin reworked, I can easily provide the targa.

For one thing, I'd like to change the appearance of the Malks. Can also be based on the model of another clan, or the armors can be used in a differing order, or only one or two of the set used.
And I want some of the citizens recolored, so there are less identical twins on the streets and in the clubs.
For the future, if I can add new clans, I need individual skins for them, too.

geek
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: This time I need help   This time I need help - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 8:32 am

Send over the files by email and I'll poke them, maybe something worthy will come out ^^
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: This time I need help   This time I need help - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 1:10 pm

Claudia wrote:
Send over the files by email and I'll poke them, maybe something worthy will come out ^^
O.K. I'll send the malks first. If you want to try with something else, just tell me.
In case somone else wants to try, just tell me which file you want to use, and your email address. (email address by pm only, or allow me to get it from your user profile)

geek 
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: This time I need help   This time I need help - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 1:50 pm

^^ got them :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This time I need help   This time I need help - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

This time I need help
Page 1 of 1