Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Discussing my latest ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5164
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:48 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
What did you do with museum?! Suspect
You ask LaCroix for transport to bring the sarcophagus back. He sais: "the car is ready", and when you leave the office you go directly to the museum.
(Seems like something similar was originally intended for all downtown main quests. There are mapchange triggers for Dane, Grout's, and museum on the ventrue_1 map.)

Direct travel from Isaak to 609 was also intended, I think. There was a line for that in the Isaak dialog. I've already restored this option in CE. So it would be possible to add a new hub, maybe holywood hills or some film studio, if someone can create the map...

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragatus
Caine
Caine


Posts : 2151
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:19 am

That's pretty cool, though I'm a bit wary of giving players all those occult items for free. I would prefer what Zer0 did in TFN and have Mr. Ox sell them in his shop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5164
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:31 pm

Dragatus wrote:
That's pretty cool, though I'm a bit wary of giving players all those occult items for free. I would prefer what Zer0 did in TFN and have Mr. Ox sell them in his shop.
I have no intnetion of giving them all for free. Most will be quest rewards. Others can probably be bought somewhere. But I don't want to make money as important as in TFN.
I might still change it to only one item in the haven, the Thaumaturgy enhancer for Tremere, the Zaralketh for Obfuscate users, and the Galdjum for the rest.

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4366
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:03 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Dragatus wrote:
That's pretty cool, though I'm a bit wary of giving players all those occult items for free. I would prefer what Zer0 did in TFN and have Mr. Ox sell them in his shop.
I have no intnetion of giving them all for free. Most will be quest rewards. Others can probably be bought somewhere. But I don't want to make money as important as in TFN.
I might still change it to only one item in the haven, the Thaumaturgy enhancer for Tremere, the Zaralketh for Obfuscate users, and the Galdjum for the rest.

- geek

I think it is a good idea. Way to avoid getting OP at the beginning of the game...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5164
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:33 am

Feral wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
Dragatus wrote:
That's pretty cool, though I'm a bit wary of giving players all those occult items for free. I would prefer what Zer0 did in TFN and have Mr. Ox sell them in his shop.
I have no intnetion of giving them all for free. Most will be quest rewards. Others can probably be bought somewhere. But I don't want to make money as important as in TFN.
I might still change it to only one item in the haven, the Thaumaturgy enhancer for Tremere, the Zaralketh for Obfuscate users, and the Galdjum for the rest.

- geek

I think it is a good idea. Way to avoid getting OP at the beginning of the game...
Yea, I think you're right. Giving two occult items at the beginning is a bit OP. So it will be the one best suited to the disciplines at the start.

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5164
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:53 am

Most everything works now. There's just one major problem left: the newscaster. But I have some furniture for every room, the mailbox, the computer, a phone to call a cab or for Nosferatu a sewer entrance, the radio, curtains at every window, the poster quest posters, some other wall decoration, Heather with animations, and the haven bum waiting at your door after the tutorial.
Next step will be some rats in the backyard, getting McFly at the right spot, and either a music channel for the radio or some music mashine...

For now I had to skip the Mercurio cutscene in Santa Monica. Maybe I can find something when the haven is done.
Btw, the Santa Monica haven will be used by Akeem. He will sell books to raise your stats, and thus replace the college. And when it's time for it, he will still give the hunter quest.

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1979
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 34
Location : near Prague

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:18 am

No college?!? Who are you and what have you done with Malkav!?

By newscaster you mean the malk intermezzo? Doesn't have to be in haven. PC can work for it, encounter during some quest...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karavolos
megalomaniac


Posts : 2303
Join date : 2011-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:24 am

May wanna make the Santa Monica haven an Elysium; otherwise the risk of frenzying after using Akeem's college service could fuck one over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1979
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 34
Location : near Prague

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:53 am

Karavolos wrote:
May wanna make the Santa Monica haven an Elysium; otherwise the risk of frenzying after using Akeem's college service could fuck one over.

Seems to me he will sell old school books - thus no frenzying. Other than that, Elysium is a domain of a powerful vampire, so no problem there. And it would avoid the issue of Akeem being a wuss Smile

Edit: But from Kravolos' words comes an idea: studying a book takes time. Perhaps some combination of new college and old books? The smarter you are, the less time it takes to study, thus less bloodloss?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5164
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:26 am

Sorry, Newscaster means the whole tv, not just the Malk intermezzo. Well, if I can't solve the problem the player will have to watch the news at Akeem's.
For Akeem's being Elysium, I think so, too.
For learning from the books, you think I should leave the bloodloss in, like in the college? What do you think about making the number of skills you can learn dependent on the learning feat?
Oh, and if you wish, you can call a pet shop and buy a cat or dog...
- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1979
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 34
Location : near Prague

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:23 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
For learning from the books, you think I should leave the bloodloss in, like in the college?

I do. (With appropriate comment on the book or something.) Then you wouldn't just read it in the street till sunrise from fear of frenzy. You'd get comfy at your home, open a vintage bloodbag and dive in Smile

Childe of Malkav wrote:
What do you think about making the number of skills you can learn dependent on the learning feat?

Learning feat instead of what? How would it work?

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Oh, and if you wish, you can call a pet shop and buy a cat or dog...

Why would a vampire get a pet? To feed? From one perspective, why the hell not; from the limited number of items perspective, what would I miss with pets present? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karavolos
megalomaniac


Posts : 2303
Join date : 2011-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:24 pm

No Camels? <: |
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 478
Join date : 2010-10-03
Age : 25
Location : Normandy SR-2

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:17 pm

Jad.3 wrote:

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Oh, and if you wish, you can call a pet shop and buy a cat or dog...

Why would a vampire get a pet? To feed? From one perspective, why the hell not; from the limited number of items perspective, what would I miss with pets present? Wink

Not that I am against it, but having a pet would mean the player has the "Inoffensive to Animals" merit, which the vanilla game kinda suggests already, albeit perhaps not intentionally. The cat doesn't run off if you go near the gate outside 609, and while the dogs in the Beachhouse and the junkyard do attack you, it could be due to the fact that they are hostile to anyone(save for the thugs in the case of the beach house), while the dogs in the junkyard might be agitated by the fact that you with there, there are two people in the junkyard that shouldn't be(though it could be due to the fact that it is two Vampires).

So it could either be that the player has the merit, or perhaps you'd have to ghoul the pet in some way, to stop it attacking you. Perhaps either with a discipline, or perhaps knocking it out if not possessing a usable discipline, with the consequence that too much would unfortunately kill it. Though I don't know if the cat does have attacking animations.

Or, if one lacks a discipline, then they can just allow the animal to bite them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragatus
Caine
Caine


Posts : 2151
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:05 pm

What makes the college better than the books is that it's more adaptive. By which I mean with books you get specific books that can give you specific dots. That encourages players to spend XP only on the abilities they can't get with books. The college on the other hand is more flexible and you can buy any ability you want.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloodstone
Elder
Elder


Posts : 118
Join date : 2011-09-06
Age : 66
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:33 pm

Dragatus wrote:
What makes the college better than the books is that it's more adaptive. By which I mean with books you get specific books that can give you specific dots. That encourages players to spend XP only on the abilities they can't get with books. The college on the other hand is more flexible and you can buy any ability you want.

I agree with the above. I also think the college is better. Anyway what ever you decide to do I look forward to it.

By the way which patch did you decide to use?


Last edited by Bloodstone on Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:44 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4366
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:18 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Sorry, Newscaster means the whole tv, not just the Malk intermezzo. Well, if I can't solve the problem the player will have to watch the news at Akeem's.

Sad
Childe of Malkav wrote:

For Akeem's being Elysium, I think so, too.
Ditto. Definitely no Frenzies at Akeem's. Or at least make him so rich in dots he could wipe the floor with any PC he wants at any time. Because he is, like, an Assamite, no?
Childe of Malkav wrote:

For learning from the books, you think I should leave the bloodloss in, like in the college? What do you think about making the number of skills you can learn dependent on the learning feat?
Bloodlos should stay in. Study takes time. Believe me, I know. What do you mean by the latter sentence eludes me. Could you elaborate?

Childe of Malkav wrote:

Oh, and if you wish, you can call a pet shop and buy a cat or dog...
- geek
I... Feel... Betrayed... Sad What is next for me? Humane Society?

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5164
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:43 pm

For studying, I have no intention to get back to the limited existing skillbooks. What I want is that instead of sitting at your computer, you go to Akeem and "buy" a book from him. But this book won't be a regular item, it's just a "note" like Strauss' invitation. When you buy a book from Akeem, the note will be unhidden on his desk, and by using it, your ability raises (plus bloodloss). And when you're ready, it will be gone. That also means, if you have plenty of blood and a high research feat, you can learn several skills in one go. Or would it be better to limit it to one book per visit?
For the number of skills, that probably was badly written. What I meant was that either the number of books Akeem sells, or the max. level, is determined by the player's learning feat.

I managed to have the radio play Deb or some music. It is toggled. When you switch it on Deb starts, next time you hit the button music is played, and hitting the button again turns it off.

Hm, judging by your comments, the petshop wasn't my best idea. Maybe I better take it out. Oh, and Jad, don't worry, you wouldn't miss any item. Cats and dogs are npcs, not things...

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragatus
Caine
Caine


Posts : 2151
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:50 pm

Ah, that already sounds better. So it's basically the mechanics of the college with new fluff. That's cool. In that case bloodloss makes sense. But do make the area Elysium.

I'd say let the player read as much as he can. If you impose the 1 book per visit rule, you just encourage palyers to walk out and right back in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4366
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:26 pm

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of a pet shop. I like puppies... Laughing Kitties too.

As for the learning process, now it is clear and sounds good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:06 pm

Petshop sounds ok as long as the animal is blood bond to the vampire (and being taken care of by Heather Very Happy)

Sounds like a lulz made by Gary tho.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5164
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:31 pm

Claudia wrote:
Petshop sounds ok as long as the animal is blood bond to the vampire (and being taken care of by Heather Very Happy)
Then I will make the petshop call only available if Heather is present. And if she leaves, she'll take the animal with her. Too bad the only animals the player can feed of are rats, and that kills them.
Maybe the ghoul cat can bring her Nossie can-opener a rat for breakfast...

Quote :
Sounds like a lulz made by Gary tho.
Nope. If it were from Gary, it would be the famous NY sewer alligator...

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloodstone
Elder
Elder


Posts : 118
Join date : 2011-09-06
Age : 66
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:20 pm

Maybe have Heather ask you if she can have a pet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 726
Join date : 2012-10-06
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:43 pm

We're talking about animals and nobody has mentioned "Animalism". D:

I mean, IIRC knowing the discipline makes it so that animals wouldn't run away at the sight of you and would actually come up to you. Maybe making it so that the Pet shop can be called earlier by a character with animalism than those without it needed Heather for it. Maybe even "dialogue" with the pet for Animalism users?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4366
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:03 pm

SaulottheGentle wrote:
We're talking about animals and nobody has mentioned "Animalism". D:

I mean, IIRC knowing the discipline makes it so that animals wouldn't run away at the sight of you and would actually come up to you. Maybe making it so that the Pet shop can be called earlier by a character with animalism than those without it needed Heather for it. Maybe even "dialogue" with the pet for Animalism users?

I like it...

I took Animalism for granted, as I go Gangrel (shock, no?) or a Nossie most of the time...
Ventrue, Tremere, Toreador and the rest of out of Clan users or non users should have it harder for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5164
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:43 am

Animalism sounds like a good idea. I thought about the whole thing mostly for Gangrel anyway. So animalism it is, and for others maybe Heather.

About the dialog. Something like this?

Woof.
1. Yep
2. Right you are.
3. Really?
4. Not now.

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Today at 10:20 am

Back to top Go down
 
Discussing my latest ideas
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» LEGO Storage/Organization Ideas
» YNWA's Latest Addition (20 March 2010)
» rayjuve latest kain...
» rstp latest additions
» 1000 Points Ideas

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: undead LA mod :: Whishes for a new mod-
Jump to: