Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gabacca
Fledgling
Fledgling

Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem Empty
PostSubject: Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem   Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 6:59 pm

I'm currently having the problem of being unable to use Dementation beyond the first two levels. After acquiring them, they don't appear in the list at all.

I tried to work around this by binding the missing levels to hotkeys and using them that way instead of by mouse. However, only elder vitae bloodpacks appear in the hotkeys menu to bind. Trying to solved that, I re-installed the 6.8 patch, which restored the hotkeys menu. I bound the powers, re-installed Camarilla Edition (I vastly prefer its version of Dementation over the regular version's), and found that none of the hotkeys worked.

I also read elsewhere that having too many disciplines / discipline slots can cause this problem. I tried eliminating disciplines altogether via 'vstats sell' in the console, going so far as to leave only Dementation, and they still didn't show up. I tried creating a new character, and the very first thing I did was to add the extra Dementation levels with the console, and even then they didn't show up, so I don't think that not having slot space is the problem.

Is there any way to solve this? Whatever works so that the extra powers are usable, whether by solving the issue to begin with or by being able to fix the hotkeys problem. Not being able to use CE Dementation really guts this character as far as being worth playing goes, and I really don't have anything left in the way of new styles to play the game.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem   Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 8:04 pm

Are you installing an unofficial patch before the CE edition? The CE edition already contains the supported patches.
Back to top Go down
gabacca
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem   Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 8:25 pm

8people wrote:
Are you installing an unofficial patch before the CE edition? The CE edition already contains the supported patches.

Yes, I had unofficial 6.8 installed, then Camarilla Edition.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem   Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 8:45 pm

You realise you're not supposed to do that, right?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem   Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 11:14 pm

Gabacca,

I would try uninstalling Bloodlines from your computer then manually go into Windows Explorer and delete the Activision folder entirely. Run your disk defrag etc... Then reinstall Bloodlines, then CE 1.2 ONLY.

Give that a shot and let us know how it goes. I believe one other person had this issue but I can't find the post, either way I believe this suggestion fixed it.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
gabacca
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem   Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:53 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
I would try uninstalling Bloodlines from your computer then manually go into Windows Explorer and delete the Activision folder entirely. Run your disk defrag etc... Then reinstall Bloodlines, then CE 1.2 ONLY.

Give that a shot and let us know how it goes. I believe one other person had this issue but I can't find the post, either way I believe this suggestion fixed it.

Following your advice, I did exactly this. Uninstalling CE, uninstalling Bloodlines, deleting the Activision folder, and defragmenting. Twice, in fact. Very disappointingly, it didn't work.
I tried it the first time, and when I noticed that Damsel was still wearing a KMFDM t-shirt I decided to do it a second time, figuring that something must have been left from before, as one of the mods I used changed her appearance as such.
The second time, I did what you said as well as running Disc Cleaner and deleting any and every related registry entry. Nothing at all left that had anything to do with Bloodlines/Troika/Activision as far as I knew or could find. I re-installed Bloodlines and started the game (before re-installing CE), and Damsel was back to normal, implying to me that nothing was left from any previous mods or anything of the sort. I then re-installed Camarilla Edition, started a new game, and maxed out Dementation with the console. Still only the first two levels are available.

I made sure to the best of my knowledge that there was no trace of anything from any previous installation or mod left (other than some save-game backups copied into my documents folder, which I didn't even use for this), and after the initial installation I added nothing at all other than Camarilla Edition.

Edit:
Oh! I'd totally forgotten about using hotkeys instead of just mouse-scrolling. I tried it again, and hotkeys are indeed working now, meaning the the extra three Dementation levels are now usable. So as far as I'm concerned, problem solved. As long as they're usable, it's all good as far as I'm concerned. Thanks a lot bro, extremely appreciated. I was really liking this character and style, I would have been sorely disappointed if I had to scrap it.

Edit 2:

With further progress, I should definitely add the following:
This was by no means a perfect or smooth solution. The mouse-scrolling was not usable, only the hotkeys. While this is basically a non-issue to me, what wasn't a non-issue was the fact that I did have to start a new character. My previous save-games had exactly the same problems as before. I had to start a new game, noclip through to the point I was at before, and then re-build the character with the console (I had copied all the stats down in a notebook). So basically, I have a hack-job character which has all the same stats and inventory, but none of the same quests completed outside of the main quest line. Which I guess is ok. It's not like I'm gonna re-do those optional quests I did before, so it's more or less the same.
Also, level 5 Dementation seems to be on perma-refreshing/unusable mode, but whatever

Last edited by gabacca on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem   Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:14 am

Glad to hear it worked out. I was beginning to fear that we had overlooked something in the testing No

- geek
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem   Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:39 am

If it had been missed in testing we'd have heard about it by now, I've played it pretty rigorously and not had any mod induced problems really.

Maybe there should be a user manual that explicitly states the installation procedure nice and clearly for everyone... oh wait...
Back to top Go down
gabacca
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem   Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:11 am

8people wrote:
Maybe there should be a user manual that explicitly states the installation procedure nice and clearly for everyone... oh wait...

>Play awesome and favorite game eleven times through
>Download tens of mods to freshen it up for next play-through
>Overlook a detail in a manual

Shocking? Probably not really
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem   Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 12:40 pm

I like how you used a registry cleaner and how you checked vanilla Bloodlines first before installing CE the 2nd time around, those are good troubleshooting skills, you seem to know your way around computers, nice work.

Ya the mouse scroll has been an issue ever since the disciplines were changed. Seems whenever a discipline is modded in any way, it breaks the scroll rotation. It may have something to do with changing the name of the discipline that takes it out of rotation. Fortunately we have the hotkey menu which fixes the issue, actually I prefer hotkeying my disciplines now over scrolling, makes it easier to find what I need when I need it.

If all else fails, you can also pause the game and queue up disciplines and weapons, which will execute after you unpause it. That feature was implemented in CE 1.2, for those who like the more strategic Baulder's Gate/Icewind Dale style of play. Actually doesn't Dragon Age have that feature as well? Pause and Play?

Either way, glad to hear it's working....

PS: Oh ya, in the install I wrote specifically the way to install CE 1.2, and you have to hit the bullet explaining that you understand how to install CE 1.2 before it will let you install it. I did that for this very reason LOL. Oh well.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem   Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 6:51 pm

Manual? What the hell is a manual? Isn't that the bloody big file you delete first to save disk space? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem   Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 8:27 pm

ROFL!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem   Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem Empty

Back to top Go down

Missing Dementation 3-5 / Hotkeys problem
Page 1 of 1