Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mud hunt glitch?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vampfan66
Fledgling
Fledgling

Mud hunt glitch? Empty
PostSubject: Mud hunt glitch?   Mud hunt glitch? EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 5:01 am

Not sure if this is a glitch with the mode or just my game, or if anyone's even brought it up before, but when I was playing through second part of the Mud hunt, where your supposed to talk to the homeless man and convince him not to tell anyone what he's seen, my character keeps freezing. The homeless man will say, OK, I don't want to think about that ever again and my character starts walking, then freezes. The homeless man also doesn't run away, he just stands where he was before. My actual game seems fine, all of my shortcut keys work, but I can't get my character to move or use items/weapons, something which I attempted to do in the hopes that the action would get her unstuck, but to no avail. In the end, I had to forgo the masquerade redemption all together and settled for sucking the old guy dry and leaving. I didn't get the information out of him that way, but I my character also didn't automatically start walking away before freezing in place either. Thankfully it didn't seem like a crucial part of the storyline and I had just come up from the sewers after defeating the first plague bearer so my game had automatically saved before my character froze, but I figured I should let you guys know in case anyone else has the same problem and either has to restart their game or play through a large chunk of it again.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Mud hunt glitch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mud hunt glitch?   Mud hunt glitch? EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 12:23 pm

I've heard about this problem before. Not sure for which patch or mod. Afaik it's a random bug. Probably caused by the bums ai. If the player stands in the wrong place when the cutscene starts, the bum can't find the way out and the scene gets stuck.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Mud hunt glitch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mud hunt glitch?   Mud hunt glitch? EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 2:43 pm

Behold! An old friend awoke from Torpor!

I had this bug with mods and unmodded game. Seems to depend on your character's position when you initiate the conversation. Reload a save and try again.
It is a random bug, but sometimes it gets persistently reproducible. I don't know why. Try various position and you should succeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mud hunt glitch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mud hunt glitch?   Mud hunt glitch? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mud hunt glitch?
Page 1 of 1