Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Project Vaulderie

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bloodstone
Elder
Elder
Bloodstone

Project Vaulderie Empty
PostSubject: Project Vaulderie   Project Vaulderie EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 3:09 pm

I see that Project Vaulderie have received a Cease & Desist e-mail from CCP Games, asking them  to cease game development, and  remove any materials that might contain Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, names, locations or related elements from the sites they control, and cease any further use of Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines property.

I thought that something like might happen. It's a pity as it looked rather good.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Project Vaulderie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Vaulderie   Project Vaulderie EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 7:02 pm

Those are bad news, albeit not unexpected ones.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Project Vaulderie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Vaulderie   Project Vaulderie EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 3:34 pm

I'm just now hearing about Project Vaulderie but after spending the last hour on their website and seeing on the progress they made with the Unity Engine, along with the new artwork, UI, Character Sheet, Weapons, etc... my goodness I'm sad this got canceled. The upgraded resolutions and shadow/lighting alone made this worthy of praise.

It seems everything surrounding Vampire the Masquerade these days is cursed and taboo. Why are companies like Activision and CCP so intent on using their money and power to destroy such a beautiful idea, like VTM. So disappointing.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Project Vaulderie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Vaulderie   Project Vaulderie EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 9:19 am

There are two reasons for CCP to deny things like project vaulderie.

First VTM is too good a game, so it would draw people away from their crap.
Second, it is free, so it would draw even more people away from their expensive crap.

As usual, money makes the world go round, and turns people into assholes...
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Project Vaulderie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Vaulderie   Project Vaulderie EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 1:07 pm

I think Project Vaulderie was supposed to check if you have Bloodlines before it would run, so only people who bought Bloodlines could play it. It wouldn't have diminished Bloodlines sales at all. If anything it would have boosted them.

The one reason I can think they'd do this is protecting their trademark from unauthorised use.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Project Vaulderie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Vaulderie   Project Vaulderie Empty

Back to top Go down

Project Vaulderie
Page 1 of 1