Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm having trouble installing v1.2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Doc_Sregor
Fledgling
Fledgling

I'm having trouble installing v1.2 Empty
PostSubject: I'm having trouble installing v1.2   I'm having trouble installing v1.2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 4:30 pm

Any one help me out? I don't have a steam copy, and I don't have the actual hard disk. I bought it and downloaded it, but not through steam or whatever.

The links and what not look just like it says they will for a hard copy of the game, in the installer. But I've tried installing several times, and I can't get the game to change to the modded version. It should have a new title screen and every thing right? New histories, altered diciplines yeah?
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: I'm having trouble installing v1.2   I'm having trouble installing v1.2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 5:30 pm

Are you installing to the same directory that the game was installed to? Where did you download the game from?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: I'm having trouble installing v1.2   I'm having trouble installing v1.2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 5:30 pm

How is your english, because I can't understand what you are asking... Question
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: I'm having trouble installing v1.2   I'm having trouble installing v1.2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 6:21 pm

I'm presuming he has Bloodlines not from Steam or installed from a CD but from a Direct to Drive service.

When he installs the mod the directory paths look the same as any other format (?) but it isn't affecting the game when he runs it.

My guess he's installing to the default path you've set in the installer instead of installing to where the GAME is installed.

You have to type it in yourself - The default path for the mod is the default path for the CD version of the game to install - NOT drawn from the registry to look at where YOUR game is installed. You have to find that yourself and enter the path when installing the mod.
Back to top Go down
Doc_Sregor
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I'm having trouble installing v1.2   I'm having trouble installing v1.2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 8:54 pm

Meh, Screw it. I've installed the camarilla thing every where.

The game is installed in an Activision file in my program files. No where I install the mod works. Sad
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: I'm having trouble installing v1.2   I'm having trouble installing v1.2 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 3:10 am

What I'd suggest is that you install the game somewhere, then install the patch somewhere else, and remplace the old files with patch files, one file at the time, for each root and each folder...
Back to top Go down
Doc_Sregor
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I'm having trouble installing v1.2   I'm having trouble installing v1.2 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 5:41 am

Yeah, I've simply unistalled the game.. .And the mod... And I had to unistall the mod from every single folder just to uninstall the game. This whole deal has been a huge pain in the ass for me. I'm about to re install the game, start it all over. And Install the mod to the same place I'm installing the game. This had better be worth it, Or I'll be immensely disappointed.

BTW, it WAS a direct to drive download.
Back to top Go down
Doc_Sregor
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I'm having trouble installing v1.2   I'm having trouble installing v1.2 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 7:15 am

Well I uninstalled every thing, and reinstalled the game...and the MOD to the same path.. And well.... It was a day's worth of obscure annoyance as I'd only fooled with it when I was bored.... But when its all said and done...

I'm immensely pleased with the mod! Smile

The conversation choices, even as early as the tutorial, are enough to freshen up the only Vampire RPG i've played and make it new again. The more rapid blood depletion though normal game play makes things more intriguing, and keeps the game play fresh as I'm struggling to find new sources of living fuel.... And the change to the disciplines is welcome, especially as a Gangrel with the animalism. I wasn't expecting such in depth changes to the powers... But wow. I'm very pleased with this mod in so far.

Props to the team and whoever made it. It was worth the pain in my ass, all the way.
Back to top Go down
Doc_Sregor
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Of course...   I'm having trouble installing v1.2 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 7:17 am

The most appreciated addendum to the natural flow of the game is the ABILITY TO SKIP THE MOTHER FUCKING INTRO!

lol

awesome.

Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: I'm having trouble installing v1.2   I'm having trouble installing v1.2 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 10:45 am

AWESOME! I see you got it working Doc! Great job, and I'm glad to hear it was worth the pain in your ass, lol.

When I made the installer I didn't realize D2D made a download too, I only included Retail and Steam install paths. If you can tell me the D2D install path you used I can include that in the installer so people know.

Again, glad you're having fun with it! Smile

PS: Thanks 8People and Claudia for the support!
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: I'm having trouble installing v1.2   I'm having trouble installing v1.2 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 11:59 am

Could you just look up how to pick up the install path from the registry? Not sure how easy that info is to come across but may be easier in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Doc_Sregor
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I'm having trouble installing v1.2   I'm having trouble installing v1.2 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 4:53 pm

I would have done that, but there were already several different folders for the game on my PC, so I couldn't find the correct one.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: I'm having trouble installing v1.2   I'm having trouble installing v1.2 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 5:01 pm

This should have called for a complete format and reinstall Wink

(Oh I do need so much to clean up my computer, save everything and erase everything everywhere and reinstall windows...)
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: I'm having trouble installing v1.2   I'm having trouble installing v1.2 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 10:22 pm

It's always good to format and reinstall Windows on occasion anyways, just so you don't forget how... LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm having trouble installing v1.2   I'm having trouble installing v1.2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm having trouble installing v1.2
Page 1 of 1