Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Background overhaul for TFN 1.3

Go down 
+4
malak
Feral
Karavolos
Zer0Morph
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Background overhaul for TFN 1.3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Background overhaul for TFN 1.3   Background overhaul for TFN 1.3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 4:46 pm

I like the sound of this new hybrid system. Good stuff. Though I would like to point out that for many sports Dexterity is more important than Strength.

Zer0Morph wrote:
Another thing I want to change is to add more low end books to the game. I've found myself designing my character around the knowledge that computers, stealth, and firearms are available to buy without heavily investing in Research. If the game allows me to min/max, I will, I can't help it, so I'm trying to find ways to not allow it.

You can do what I did. There are 12 skill books. There also happent to be 12 abilities. Convert the books so that you have a low end book available for each ability and no medium or high end book. Then set required research to read books to 0. Finally rename Schoalrship into something like "Rhetorics", "Speech", or "Oration". You could even rename it into "Subterfuge" and then rename Subterfuge into "Sex Appeal".

Now all abilities are equal from the point of view of books and old Scholarship still gives you Persuasion so it's still pretty damn good. You also free up Research and can use it to show the Blood Timer.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Background overhaul for TFN 1.3   Background overhaul for TFN 1.3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 4:58 pm

Dragatus wrote:
You can do what I did. There are 12 skill books. There also happent to be 12 abilities. Convert the books so that you have a low end book available for each ability and no medium or high end book. Then set required research to read books to 0. Finally rename Schoalrship into something like "Rhetorics", "Speech", or "Oration". You could even rename it into "Subterfuge" and then rename Subterfuge into "Sex Appeal".

Now all abilities are equal from the point of view of books and old Scholarship still gives you Persuasion so it's still pretty damn good. You also free up Research and can use it to show the Blood Timer.

Very interesting, I'll consider this. In the meantime, wouldn't it be cool if the cost to read a book increases by +1 for each book read, regardless of which Attribute or Ability was increased?
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Background overhaul for TFN 1.3   Background overhaul for TFN 1.3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 5:38 am

So much for not having a munchkin fest.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Background overhaul for TFN 1.3   Background overhaul for TFN 1.3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 9:09 am

Making all books low grade certainly is an option.
Maybe you can also adapt my idea for making Akeem a bookdealer without actual books. study
That frees the item slots for the books and gives you more freedom for selecting which skills can be learned. If you want to make an adaption and need scripting help, just ask.
You just have to find a good place for Akeem, because I have moved him in the now empty Santa Monica haven. (Think I have already posted the download address?)
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Background overhaul for TFN 1.3   Background overhaul for TFN 1.3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 1:46 pm

I'm just not sure what I'd use all of those free items for. TFN already has so many free item slots open which is why I wanted to massively increase the number of low/medium grade books.

Here's a list of the free items TFN has at it's disposal.
Background overhaul for TFN 1.3 - Page 2 Mwxxki
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Background overhaul for TFN 1.3   Background overhaul for TFN 1.3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 1:55 pm

Couldn't they be used for all kinds of good stuff, like if you have X in your pocket or use it, enemies spawn, doors open, you get teleported to some nephandi realm. It could trigger certain events. I certainly would know what to do with them. Maybe even give the prestige/social boons like thugs greeting you or whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Background overhaul for TFN 1.3   Background overhaul for TFN 1.3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 2:04 pm

kyoden wrote:
Couldn't they be used for all kinds of good stuff, like if you have X in your pocket or use it, enemies spawn, doors open, you get teleported to some nephandi realm. It could trigger certain events. I certainly would know what to do with them. Maybe even give the prestige/social boons like thugs greeting you or whatnot.

Yeah, the possibilities are endless honestly. This really opens up quest ideas or scripted events. For now, adding more low and mid grade books would help eliminate the desire to build your character around those books.

Speaking of building your character around min/maxing. Have you ever setup your character for Persuasion 3 just so you can quickly get the XP from Copper for selling him the unicorn blood? I've done that and I hate myself every time.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Background overhaul for TFN 1.3   Background overhaul for TFN 1.3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 2:20 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:

Speaking of building your character around min/maxing. Have you ever setup your character for Persuasion 3 just so you can quickly get the XP from Copper for selling him the unicorn blood? I've done that and I hate myself every time.

I do it each and every time... Sad
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Background overhaul for TFN 1.3   Background overhaul for TFN 1.3 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 4:21 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
I'm just not sure what I'd use all of those free items for. TFN already has so many free item slots open which is why I wanted to massively increase the number of low/medium grade books.

Here's a list of the free items TFN has at it's disposal.
Problem is, not all of them can be used. I've already tried most of them. The _d_ items can't be used, and animaltrainingbook and chewinggum don't work either.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Background overhaul for TFN 1.3   Background overhaul for TFN 1.3 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 12:22 pm

Boo, leave it to Malkav to be the bringer of bad news. silent
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Background overhaul for TFN 1.3   Background overhaul for TFN 1.3 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 2:26 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Boo, leave it to Malkav to be the bringer of bad news. silent
Would you prefer it if I let you smash your face at the same brickwall I did?

But I have good news too. It seems that you can use all the things like werewolfattack, tzimisce_claws etc. At least Wesp does for the unidentified magic items, and I use them for generation in my tests.
And you can replace all the different claws, claw_ghoul, zombie_claw, claw_protean... with the normal item_w_claws. Differences in damage can be realized by different stats in the char template files.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Background overhaul for TFN 1.3   Background overhaul for TFN 1.3 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 6:16 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:

Would you prefer it if I let you smash your face at the same brickwall I did?

No but thank you! LOL

Childe of Malkav wrote:

But I have good news too. It seems that you can use all the things like werewolfattack, tzimisce_claws etc. At least Wesp does for the unidentified magic items, and I use them for generation in my tests.
And you can replace all the different claws, claw_ghoul, zombie_claw, claw_protean... with the normal item_w_claws. Differences in damage can be realized by different stats in the char template files.

Great news!! Thanks for figuring this all out!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Background overhaul for TFN 1.3   Background overhaul for TFN 1.3 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Background overhaul for TFN 1.3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next