Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Becket Glitch

Go down 
+3
ArchonJonus
Zer0Morph
ChazKafka
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

Becket Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 9:38 am

This is an older glitch that I've had happen before, completely restricting my ability to finish the game. Toward the end, when going to the Last Round for "The Enemy of My Enemy," Becket yells, "Wait!" ...but there's no Becket. He simply doesn't appear, despite the fact that he is supposed to initiate a conversation with you. And further hindering the game play, it locks you in place, so you literally cannot move anywhere. I think that this is what kept me from completing the game my very first play through a few years back.

If anyone can help me with this issue, it would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Becket Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 12:30 am

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this, I've been busy. Anyways, the save file was actually in the third email you sent me, go figure lol.

Well I played it twice and it worked perfectly both times, Beckett said wait! and we spoke and he appeared. I then got out of dialogue and was able to resume the game. I tried running to different areas for the trigger and it worked both times. I'm not sure what to tell you, have you tried saving the file and starting a new fresh install of Bloodlines then putting CE back on? Since it's not broken on my end I don't know what to do.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
ArchonJonus
Neonate
Neonate
ArchonJonus

Becket Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 12:38 am

I know this bug has been around for a while and it was always hit or miss for me sometimes. I know that CE v1.2 is built around Wesp's 6.5 UP (and a few parts of 6.6 as well). In the patch notes for his 6.7 UP, he addressed this glitch and claimed to have fixed this bug.

Might this be incorporated into the CE v1.3 that's forthcoming, or in some fashion?
Back to top Go down
http://archonjonus.net
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Becket Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:13 am

I can let Childe of Malkav know so maybe he can look into it before he releases 1.3.
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

Becket Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:16 am

If it's so hit and miss, I will just try that fresh reinstall and see if it does or doesn't happen again. And perhaps the possibility of this being a still-present, even if occasional, glitch, then this may be good that it's noticed.

EDIT: I'll make sure to say what happens after the fresh install while using the same save.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Becket Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:22 am

I just sent Childe a PM explaining whats going on, maybe he can hit up Wesp on Planet Vampire to see if he was able to fix it, and hopefully give Childe the files so he can merge it in with CE 1.3.

I definately know this issue has been around for awhile and it's not a CE issue, but if we can do something to help it then thats awesome for everyone!
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

Becket Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 3:52 am

Well, I don't know what to say. I reinstalled the game - completely fresh new copy - loaded up my old save, and the same glitch came around. I'm going to see about using the save game just before the one I am having problems with, play up through to the point where my faulty save is, and see if it does it then.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Becket Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:56 pm

Chaz,

When you uninstalled the game did you do it through control panel add/remove programs, then reinstalled it? If you did it that way then the old files will still be there. Here's how you want to uninstall it...

- Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs
- Go into Windows Explorer and find the \Program Files\Activistion\Vampire - Bloodlines\Vampire\ folder and manually delete it (For retail, if your using D2D or Steam version the path will be slightly different
- Install and run a good registry cleaner, http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner has the best FREE cleaner I've ever used, I use it ALL the time
- Run a good ol' fashion Disk Defrag and reboot your machine
- Reinstall Bloodlines
- Run Bloodlines Vanilla and make sure everything looks right, you should NOT see a Histories section in the character sheet, thats how you know your clean
- Install CE 1.2 and nothing else (that will put Official Patch 1.2, Unofficial Patch 6.5, and CE 1.2 on your machine)

Now try running your saved game, I put $5 on it working right... cheers
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Becket Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 7:17 pm

I've never encountered this problem, and i have really no idea where to look for it. That's the reason i didn't answer on this topic yet. I'll try to contact Wesp or find out for myself. But i can't promise to find the solution in time for the final packing and uploading.

- geek
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

Becket Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:33 am

Okay, this is one thing I haven't looked into - Vanilla. Does that mean the completely original, plain version? I never picked up on the definition of that term. And yes, I did simply do Control Panel -> Modify/Remove, so I'll go about your method.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Becket Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:55 pm

Ya, Vanille = Virgin, Untouched, Unmodified, Original Game

Give that a shot, I really think that should do the trick.
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

Becket Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch EmptySat May 01, 2010 11:18 pm

Okay, thanks. =] I just need to reinstall, and then I'll update. However, I'm loaded on homework until midnight on Sunday, so it might be a little delayed (U.S. time, too.)
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Becket Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch EmptySun May 02, 2010 8:34 pm

ChazKafka wrote:
Okay, thanks. =] I just need to reinstall, and then I'll update. However, I'm loaded on homework until midnight on Sunday, so it might be a little delayed (U.S. time, too.)
Before you reinstall, you have to upload. Version 1.3 is out Cool

- geek
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

Becket Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch EmptySun May 02, 2010 9:38 pm

If I start midway through, it won't affect my gameplay much, will it?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Becket Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:17 am

ChazKafka wrote:
If I start midway through, it won't affect my gameplay much, will it?

Hi,

I don't think using a CE 1.2 savegame will interfere with 1.3, but with all the trouble you had with your previous installation, I don't recommend using any of the old save files.
If you are unlucky you will carry all the old bugs over to the new game No

- geek
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

Becket Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:23 am

Yeah, I've just spent many hours on this save. =/ I'd hate to suddenly start fresh without even completing the game.
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

Becket Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch EmptyTue May 04, 2010 11:56 am

Just dandy. Despite following all of Zer0Morph's directions for the reinstallation and installing the CE1.3, the glitch did in fact carry on over. I'll just try to continue from an older save, see how it does up until the same point, and then if the glitch still occurs, perhaps I'll just start a new game.

If even after a new game - maybe a new game with another reinstallation - the glitch persists, I am just... flabbergasted as to what is going on with my game.. =/
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Becket Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch EmptyTue May 04, 2010 2:15 pm

Dude then I just lost 5 bucks, that sucks! I really thought that would've taken care of the problem. Man I'm sorry, I just don't know what else to tell you. Sad
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

Becket Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch EmptyWed May 05, 2010 12:16 am

Oh, no, you didn't bet on it working, did you? xD Well, I'm sorry my computer isn't being all that compliant right now. Like I said, when I find the time again, I'll go on with my older save, beat the whole Hollowbrook Hotel level again, and then see what happens. I'm okay, now, with the possibility of just starting fresh with a new character.
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

Becket Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch EmptyThu May 06, 2010 8:50 am

Well, the attempt of using a previous save and then working my way up until the part with the glitch was fruitless. I'll be starting a new character, and if it comes up again, I really have no idea what to do. Until then, I'll just hope that I'll have a decent play-through with a new character.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Becket Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch EmptyThu May 06, 2010 1:54 pm

Good luck and do let us know if you are able to get past it or not. Still scratching head on this one... scratch
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

Becket Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch EmptyThu May 06, 2010 10:06 pm

I'll try to remember, but it'll probably be a long time before I get back up to that point (summer might be the best time for me to play VtMB.)
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

Becket Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 6:11 am

i've just had it happen two times in a row:
exited ventrue tower after lacroix giving me the quest and it hapened,
loaded autosave of that exit and it hapened again

when i first played the game, i think i remember having this trouble but still managed circunvent it and still to end the game.
and i remember seeing it mentioned in a walkthrough.
i was not expecting to stumble upon it here, in the camarilla edition...
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

Becket Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 6:47 am

Yeah, I still haven't gotten the time to get that far again with a fresh character and all, but my VtM:B disc is perfectly fine, my computer has more than the necessary equipment to play (4 GB DDR2 RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 CPU @ 2.00 GHz, DirectX 11, 1412 kB/s data transfer rate on my optical drive, over 70 Gigs of spare hard drive space), et cetera, et cetera. Somehow, though, I manage to get a lot of bugs, and this one is the most pestilent. I had it happen on my last laptop, too, which was quite a bit worse than this computer (but still good enough for the game), and I, again, could not finish the game due to it. I think I'm simply prone to bugs.

Fresh install (removed the old files, defragged, and did all the things that Zer0Morph advised me to), and the save files known to have the glitch still had the glitch. And it was not the save files which had the glitch itself, as when Zer0Morph tested them out on his computer, they seemed to work just fine. I think it was just one of those glitches that managed to slip by. =/

I could write out all of my computer details - but I have no idea if any of those things would actually magically create a trail of breadcrumbs to the issue. And it's tough to find a common denominator between those who've gotten/get the glitch, I'd imagine.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

Becket Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 9:19 am

regarding computers, my computer has... i don't know the lingo, but its power is about half that recomended by the specs.
while playing, for example running aroun on the hubs the game is prone to stutter if i make a fast turn.
but so far i've muddled through...

an update:
a walkthrough recomended i go from ventrue tower to last round through the sewers, to avoid this encounter.
i did that,
but,
the game crashed while i was entering last round,
while the game was unloading the hub location, loading the last round, auto saving, you know.

it might be related
it might not

for example, there are two tears in the chain link, two ways into the abandoned hospital's grounds in downtown, to then enter it through the door: one in which you have to crouch, one in which you can stand.
everytime i enter standing the game crashes while entering the hospital
when i enter crouching the game loads without itch.

one day... i left mercurio and went by the sidewalk to enter trip and the game crashed
when after leaving mercurio i went a bit ahead into the middle of the road and then approached trip coming from the road, i entered trip smoothly

so the game crashing when i tried to enter last round after aproaching it through the sewers to avoid the beckett issue might have been related to me avoiding the beckett issue - the game crashed because in it's state assessment was lacking that
or it might be a weird crash related to a "wrong" angle of approach to the last round
will have to try again
report on that later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Becket Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch Empty

Back to top Go down

Becket Glitch
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Camarilla Edition Forum :: Bug Reporting-
Jump to: