Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

TFN 1.3 Ideas - Updated Base Patch?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: TFN 1.3 Ideas - Updated Base Patch?   Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:33 pm

Hi,

while watching the TFN 1.2 patch review one of the 3 minor complaints was that the game is based on an earlier unofficial patch (not sure which one it was).

I know you guys don't agree with every step taken by Wesp. But maybe some things could be looked into without breaking everything?

Especially the new rooms, havens or whatnot. I haven't really been checking on wesps patches lately, but I am certain that there is some interesting stuff to add to an already awesome mod/vision we already have with TFN.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.3 Ideas - Updated Base Patch?   Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:44 pm

kyoden wrote:
Hi,

while watching the TFN 1.2 patch review one of the 3 minor complaints was that the game is based on an earlier unofficial patch (not sure which one it was).

I think the version that TFN is based on would be 6.5.

Otherwise, if not just the bug fixes, perhaps some of the added stuff could be used in different ways, if possible.

The main thing I'd like to see added would be flowing blood and bite marks on the PC during their embrace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.3 Ideas - Updated Base Patch?   Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:47 am

Of course it's Zer0s descision. But from my experience with CE, updating the patch is the most annoying and least rewarding part of bloodlines modding. And it's easy to create bugs...

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.3 Ideas - Updated Base Patch?   Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:14 pm

Maxus Corvin wrote:
The main thing I'd like to see added would be flowing blood and bite marks on the PC during their embrace.

Was this in the UPs Maxus? Or is this just something you'd like to see implemented? Also, it was my understanding that after Kindred feed, they lick the wound close and remove any traces of feeding. Would that be the case when embracing too?

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Of course it's Zer0s descision. But from my experience with CE, updating the patch is the most annoying and least rewarding part of bloodlines modding. And it's easy to create bugs...

This has been discussed before and I have to stand firm on what I said. The UPs have fixed a ton of issues, most of which were fixed before 6.5 which is what TFN is built on. Any future fixes have been done on a per basis as opposed to a blind merge. If TFN has a bug, I want to fix it using the patches as a reference or just using our brains. But blindly merging over bug fixes from the patches is very difficult because it's hard to know what lines of script to bring over and what not too. As Childe said, this process is long and tedius and can easily break things that weren't broke before the process.

We need to fix specific bugs for TFN as opposed to just merging over everything from the patches so for now, that's how I'll deal with the bug issues. If there is a bug that I haven't fixed yet, please let me know so we can fix it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.3 Ideas - Updated Base Patch?   Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:24 pm

What about the new area "bugs" aka the library? ^^ (not really bugs, but I try to squeeze them in as a bug)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.3 Ideas - Updated Base Patch?   Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:31 pm

The library doesn't exist in TFN so there isn't anything to fix there. I've heard of the library map but I haven't actually seen it or been inside to check it out. I think it's great that they created the map (using Hammer Editor I think) but there's just so many other things with TFN I want to do before I start adding new maps to it.

Making Hack and Lock Picking was really important to me for TFN 1.3 so I put a lot of time into making these Skills viable to max out to level 10. I would like to do that with Intimidation for TFN 1.4 by allowing more dialogue options with Intimidation but would also like to allow the Kindred to intimidate pedestrians into giving them money in exchange with a Humanity drop. This along with a few other ideas I have for TFN 1.4 will definitely take priority over the library map.
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.3 Ideas - Updated Base Patch?   Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:04 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Maxus Corvin wrote:

Was this in the UPs Maxus? Or is this just something you'd like to see implemented? Also, it was my understanding that after Kindred feed, they lick the wound close and remove any traces of feeding. Would that be the case when embracing too?

I'm not sure which version added it, but it is something that is in the UP. It shows fang marks and blood flowing from them on the character's neck the first time the camera does the first face shot, and in the second shot(just after the time change, I think), the bite marks disappear just before the character sits up.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.3 Ideas - Updated Base Patch?   Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:02 pm

Interesting, I'd like to see that. That sounds really cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.3 Ideas - Updated Base Patch?   Today at 3:58 am

Back to top Go down

TFN 1.3 Ideas - Updated Base Patch?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1