Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dead Ex

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

Dead Ex Empty
PostSubject: Dead Ex   Dead Ex EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 4:41 am

In a sense, it could be said that this quest has a problem. It might be obvious, but...

So once you hear the words "Ginger Swan", you have two options as to how one works out where the tape is. Go back and talk to Issac, or to the Net Cafe, and look up the name in the Celebrity Database(which can even be done before you talk to the courier, and the quest updates right away, telling you where to go). However, the way those two words are said, are not as two individual words. They are put as Ginger Swan's. I.e possessive, which usually is...a name(hence the second option). Sure, most of the game does treat the player as an intelligent person, skill notwithstanding. But in this one case, it goes "Oh, you CANNOT figure this out on your own, so go ASK or READ about it."

Okay, okay. I know what comes next. You would still not know who Ginger Swan is, even if you know it's a name. Fine. Well, that part I think is fine. The part that I find slightly annoying, is that the container in the Cemetery Mausoleum is scripted to be useable after the player talks to Issac about Ginger Swan, or sees her entry in the database. Not, if the player happens to...see her nameplate on the crypt. So you might know it is a name. But if you happen to see the plate on her crypt, you cannot get the tape.

However, I would not say just have the container active once you hear Ginger Swan's name. Instead, you would have to stand in front of the crypt for about five seconds or so, since I don't know if it would be possible to actually add her name to the plate, and I don't think it is there already. Actually, maybe a good idea is to add one of those signs(like in the Kamakazi Zen offices), that will display her name, then activate the container once you close it. It could do so if you happened to wander in, or if you heard about it from Issac or the computer.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Dead Ex Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Ex   Dead Ex EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 4:55 am

Sounds interesting. It certainly is possible to put a sign with her name at the place and activate the door when you read it. But then we'd have lots of bug reports "I can't open Ginger Swan's tomb" because people don't think of activating the plate.
So I'd suggest something similar. Put a lectern with a book close to the mausoleum entry. That book is really a note. Before you met the couruier it reads "This book is a list of the enterred people, and the locations of their tombs."
Once you have spoken to the courier, it is replaced by a text that, in addition to the above, specifies the location of Ginger. Reading this message will unlock the door and activate the sparklies.
Sparklies on the lectern can be activated if you have seen the entry in the computer or talked to Isaak.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Dead Ex Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Ex   Dead Ex EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:39 pm

I understand what you guys are saying. I'm just holding my head in my hands knowing the hours of work that would go into creating then testing such a small detail. scratch
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Dead Ex Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Ex   Dead Ex EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 2:18 pm

Well, I've put some thought into it when I posted this morning. And I think it's not that much work. I might just try it when the mood hits.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Dead Ex Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Ex   Dead Ex EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 2:54 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Well, I've put some thought into it when I posted this morning. And I think it's not that much work. I might just try it when the mood hits.

When the mood hits? Just make sure to have some lubricant nearby when it does. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Dead Ex Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Ex   Dead Ex EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 2:56 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

When the mood hits?  Just make sure to have some lubricant nearby when it does. Twisted Evil

Bad, bad Zer0! lol!

Yeah, the idea is interesting, but is it worth the effort?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Dead Ex Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Ex   Dead Ex EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:02 pm

Feral wrote:

Bad, bad Zer0! lol!

Yeah, the idea is interesting, but is it worth the effort?

LOL... worth it? To me? No.
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

Dead Ex Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Ex   Dead Ex EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 5:01 pm

I'm, kinda with Zero on this one. Too little gain for potentially adding new bugs and time investiture.
Another aspect of this quest that gets overlooked, though for anyone playing the mods it is probably a moot point, is that this is THE ONLY FORCED QUEST that has you use the computer databases to find a person. This can tip off a new player hunting for Rolf during Es quest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dead Ex Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Ex   Dead Ex Empty

Back to top Go down

Dead Ex
Page 1 of 1