Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Final Nights Series Information

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:07 am

I'm beginning to fear you Max! affraid

Actually the Malks are staying in CE as a playable clan so Childe of Malkav would be the one to talk too if you want to know more about the Malks (We call him Daddy Malk lol). TFN will actually introduce 7 brand new clans to play... paired up with CE that's 14 clans total to choose from. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:15 pm

I think I have found my favourite clan for TFN. When I have a few minutes to spare I'll have to test the Apep/Heart combo against MIng.

- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:27 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
I think I have found my favourite clan for TFN. When I have a few minutes to spare I'll have to test the Apep/Heart combo against MIng.

- geek

Brother thats a sick a$$ combo, when you pair those 2 powers up you literally become a wrecking ball. However it's not ALL fun and games for the Setites sporting that combo. When you do activate both disciplines, you are nearly unstoppable BUT you can't use any disciplines so healing becomes a problem once your enemies get you down to low health.

At that point you will want to come out of Apep's Form and heal/hide... pop a blood bag, rip your heart out of your chest once more, then back in the fight you go for another 60 seconds of total destruction!!!!

I tried this against the Giovanni and tore the house down!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Usually I just mashinegun Ming with the Steyr at point blank, and she never got my health more than halfway down. So I should be able to cut her to ribbons with that combo as well alien

- geek

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelben
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:42 pm

Cool Maximus, had the same sort of teacher back in France. A guy sick of MA and, yes, no fancy jumping around the place kicks, only one objective, get down any kind of bad guy, bigger, taller or whatever. Went through 2 courses: karate but very traditional, no attendance to competition or whatever, pure japanese/samourai style, make your body a weapon. After which thai boxing, rapidly turning into muay thai without gloves and that kind of thing. A proper low kick is the one breaking then opening the leg while pushing on it to be able to land earlier and thus kick a new time... Training was tough but so much rewarding. Hopefully I never had to use this kind of methods outside the dojo but overall, the earn in confidence allow you to avoid a number of altercations by showing you are simply not scared of the flaming.
Here in the Philippines we get Manny Pacquiao, a phenomenon all over the country!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:52 am

which clans will i have access to in TFN?
or where is that information available?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:16 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
I'm beginning to fear you Max! affraid

Actually the Malks are staying in CE as a playable clan so Childe of Malkav would be the one to talk too if you want to know more about the Malks (We call him Daddy Malk lol). TFN will actually introduce 7 brand new clans to play... paired up with CE that's 14 clans total to choose from. Smile

ROFL, nothing to fear from me Z, not unless you plan on trying to hurt me or my family, then all bets are off. I'm actually a fairly laid back dude otherwise. MA's just keep me in shape and feeling young, and gives me something great to do with my daughter, instead of lying around watching TV and getting fat, old and lazy. Don't mind the "old" part so much, but the fat and lazy isn't going to happen...not on my watch Razz MA's also are a great way to keep oneself focused and improving in all areas or one's life, it isn't just about "beating up people", I'd just soon as never have to use what I know on anyone...but...you never know. And if a gun enters the equation, then the situation changes totally, and I'm going to try and get the heck out of Dodge...so to speak, I wasn't born last night and have more than one brain cell functioning Wink Looking forward to TFN's Z Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:06 pm

Click HERE Velvet, everything you want to know.

If someone comes walkin' in with a gun I instantly Obfuscate, creep out the back door, and head to the Red Spot for a jelly doughnut. afro

Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:20 pm

The special?

- geek

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:56 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Click HERE Velvet, everything you want to know.

If someone comes walkin' in with a gun I instantly Obfuscate, creep out the back door, and head to the Red Spot for a jelly doughnut. afro

EXACTLY SO...well said !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:24 pm

HAHA YA!

I'll get the Jelly Doughnut.... and the Colt Anaconda please... oh ya and a bag o' choco bombs duuuude afro
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:41 am

@Maximus1:

raising mayhem?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:40 pm

Velvet wrote:
@Maximus1:

raising mayhem?

Not entirely sure what you mean by this Velvet...could you clarify for me please Very Happy Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:47 am

there is a book by William Gibson, Pattern Recognition.
the heroine is rather geeky, but her father worked for some intelligence service or other, and he got a master at arms or something to train his daughter in self deffense, and the description of her self deffense technique somewhat mirrors what you say.
it's a set of efficient techniques, with no qualms about fighting dirty, striking underhanded, low blows, but anyway it is aimed at disabling an opponent most swiftly and efficiently.
in the description of the fight she is held from behind, she digs with her heels on the instep of the aggressor, most painful, and then rams her head in his nose at an angle where the cane of his nose could have been rammed into his brain killing him. with just two blows, one to the foot, using a female thing that could be considered a disadvantage, heels, she briskly and effectively disposes of someone grabbing her from behind, theoreticaly having her at his mercy.

i... never learned martial arts, but i learned odd things from odd books and tv shows
you must read Dune by Frank Herbert, the first one at least.
he taught me something very important: to appear completely relaxed, but to program action, and then trigger release and explode in effective action out of an apparently relaxed position. i tried that with friends of mine who practiced martial arts and i managed to get the jump on them.
he also teaches some things, like disabling blows.
like, you can reach the heart unfettered by the rib cage, you can reach the heart from underneath the rib cage.

or that sweet spot between the spinal cord and the cranium
or a sweet spot at the base of the throat
stuff...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:20 pm

I see Very Happy

Yes, I have read the Dune series of books, most of them anyhow...Gurney Halleck, was the master of arms of Paul's father's house. And of course the mentat "Duncan", and so forth, fantastic literature, I especially like Children of Dune and Paul's sons choice...

What your describing in your depiction of "being held from behind", it would depend on "where" you were being held, and in what manner, as to the actual "counter" best used. I would have to have you hold, or choke me in various ways to show you what I mean, but none of them involve the actual technique you have described. There are better ways of getting out of chokes and holds them ramming your head backwards into the attackers head...OUCH...that sounds kind of painful actually. I'm not a huge subscriber of pain, never liked it all that much, I've been hit a lot...I don't like getting hit...it hurts, I try and avoid hits if possible ROFL.

Anyhow, what your talking about in regards to being relaxed, that is completely vital to any high level martial artist...which I am only just "beginning" to get as it takes a LONG time to get to a high level of martial art, regardless of the style or discipline practiced. To an untrained person a "good" black belt in a given art is / can be dangerous, compared to a high level artist of 15+ years or so...he / she is still somewhat er...lacking Very Happy Contrary to some beliefs, and mindsets, I and people like myself are "heretics", as there is no "superior" martial art, there are only superior Martial Artists.

That said, being relaxed is important, as " A good martial artist is never tense, but ready ( not my quote, one of Bruce Lee's from way back ). Just like water will always wear away stone over time, so it is with MA's, those with a very high level of Spirit ( or mind ) will surpass those, with lower level Li ( muscular ), or a slightly higher skill level Jing ( skeletal ) of martial arts, whatever style the practitioner is studying. It took me almost 5+ years of training almost every day, to get past the Li and Skeletal part of Martial Arts, but I am not anywhere near the Spirit / Mind level of my arts yet....give me another 5-6 years and maybe Very Happy

I'm not into the "killing" aspect you describe of the "reach the heart"...although I might be able to do such a nearly impossible feat if everything was just "perfect"...though I rather doubt it. In fact, upon further thinking on it, I HIGHLY doubt it...and I doubt many can actually do such a thing. Probably only a small handful of MA's in the world could even do such a thing in a street fight, and that's if all went as planned. But things rarely go as planned in a fight, and nothing ever goes as you want it to, or even hope. In truth though, why "would" you even want to do such to someone? I'd rather just take out the bad guys knee ( or something else ) and "leave" the jerk behind...he isn't following you after his knee has been doubled back or shattered and he'll still be alive and I won't have to face a jury as having used too much force, for the situation and heading for a murder conviction. Baring that, just seize and control any appendage and apply enough force / pain to end the confrontation, either by using physics and force / leverage / arm to move the appendage in a way it isn't designed to go...finger and wrists are great for this, as are arms and shoulders Very Happy Or...just break any of them if that first way is not sufficient to stop the attacker, that should pretty much stop the attack right then and there. If not...then use some strikes to various vital points to shut down his higher mind functions, or cause some serious bad pain Very Happy

Ack...didn't mean to write a book, you've got me going on a subject I think a lot about and I could go on, but I won't or someone is sure to shoot me Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:23 am

Maximus1 wrote:
I see Very Happy...

Ack...didn't mean to write a book, you've got me going on a subject I think a lot about and I could go on, but I won't or someone is sure to shoot me Very Happy

That's Zer0s job, since it is his topic you're hijacking pirat

- geek

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:21 am

My sincere apologies Childe, I was only attempting to answer Velvet's questions, I got long winded...don't shoot me Z Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:38 pm

one day i was walking behind a friend, she was walking in front of me, and without breaking conversation or striede i reached with the tip of my finger into the sweet spot between the top of her vertebral column and the bottom of her skull, we were talking about it, i mean we were bantering, you know, joking... and i hit it spot on...

there have been times in my life when i dealt with anger issues and phantasized about such stuff a lot...

and, you know? i have the feeling that phantasizing was training enough, i seem to be a natural, my body seems to know what to do...

but i seem to have signed a unilateral pact of non agression with the rest of the world, i am completely unable to inflict physical violence and condemned to be the eternal victim...

until one day where someone pushes a trigger and releases something that i would rather not...

in all my life i only ever fought once, in high school... i was very bullyied, i was a geek, a nerd...
one day one of the bullys pushed a trigger and... i hit him in the epigastric zone, just beneath the solar plexus, and i incapacitated him with a it was a wild thrown punch and yet i incapacitated him instantly... believe me, more traumatic than all the bullying i suffered.

lol there is a training i enjoy.
i am near the door of the subway, and i am totaly relaxed, in the relaxed posture one assumes when riding the subway and still has many more stops to go...
and the door starts to open and i EXPLODE out of the carriage.

subway carriages are also wonderful to train balance, try to ride one without holding a support.

i like to do that, train martial arts while doing the banal things of life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:57 pm

I won't shoot you Max, it would probably just piss you off and you'd Celerity my ass. lol
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:56 am

lol! Nah...we'd go have a beer together or some such Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:47 pm

tru blood?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:33 pm

VV's got the right idea, we'd sit down to a nice warm can of True Blood... pig
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:45 pm

True blood it is then, make mine a B- 98.6 in a bottle please... Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:27 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
VV's got the right idea, we'd sit down to a nice warm can of True Blood... pig
Or a Blood Lite: tastes great, less spilling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:57 am

True Blood lite could be less platelets, more fluid
True Blood smoothie could be more platelets, more viscous
you could have True Blood "cheese", clotted
or fresh from the arteries, still at max oxigen saturation...

the possibilities are endless...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   Today at 12:09 pm

Back to top Go down

The Final Nights Series Information
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next