Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[1.3-1.4] Hacking Quest

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

[1.3-1.4] Hacking Quest Empty
PostSubject: [1.3-1.4] Hacking Quest   [1.3-1.4] Hacking Quest EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 11:08 pm

After playing a hacker for a while, I think it would be cooler to give him a quest instead of generic XP whenever you hack into some banking account. First of all thats quite some XP you get there and therefore that gain should be reduced. Secondly, quests are always fun.

Trigger - first hacked banking account

Email reponse from some "XY group" (yeah, I know, Emails, always ... but this time it really makes sense Smile )

Something like Hack the 3 hardest bank accounts (hacking 8-10) or Hack X (solved, then) Hack Y, (solved, then) Hack Z. After each single succuessful hack, and Email will instruct about the new location that gets hacked. Once finished you get some XP and some other nifty gadget. Maybe another way of a steady income.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: [1.3-1.4] Hacking Quest   [1.3-1.4] Hacking Quest EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 11:13 pm

Hmmm, I like where your minds at on this idea. Smile

I just so happened to get an email from Mindy and Watercolor... ooops, no I didn't, disregard that!!

Anyways, we may not NEED to stick to email only quests, is my point.

Let me think about this, ponder it for awhile. Lots of ideas swirling about. Too much XP for hackers you say? Yeah, I could see that... hmmm... lemme ponder more. study
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: [1.3-1.4] Hacking Quest   [1.3-1.4] Hacking Quest EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 11:15 pm

17 computers are quite alot ... Smile

I hear you about the voice acting, BUT if any quest ever would be perfect for an email conversation ... then it certainly would be a hacker quest!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: [1.3-1.4] Hacking Quest   [1.3-1.4] Hacking Quest EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:52 am

Agreed.  Remember one thing though, Kyoden, you're losing 1 Humanity per computer you hack so that's -17 Humanity if you hit all 17. It costs 2 XP to raise Humanity. Now, you can decide you don't care if your Humanity drops to 5, but at 5, you lose 30 seconds on the bloodtimer and are very close to 3 and you know what happens then.

So really, if you want to be a hacker, fine, you want 17 XP, fine, but know you'll be walking a fine line with Humanity. Smile
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: [1.3-1.4] Hacking Quest   [1.3-1.4] Hacking Quest EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 6:58 am

Okey ... why do I loose that much humanity ? First I wouldn't considering hacking someones bank account as harsh as killing or torturing someone. Secondly, why would I loose humanity if I steel from the hunters? Or other bad peeps, or folks I know that are dead or I have never met. It is common to do things against people you don't know as there is no real connection to them.

How about loosing humanity only once for hacking? You did that crime and it shouldn't be that much of a deal afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: [1.3-1.4] Hacking Quest   [1.3-1.4] Hacking Quest EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 1:54 pm

Hacking someone's bank account and stealing their money isn't wrong and shouldn't make you lose humanity? Or only lose it once? That doesn't make sense to me.

What I did was set standard parameters for stealing. If you steal from an innocent kine then you will lose humanity whether it's hacking or lockpicking. I stand corrected on my previous statement about losing 17 humanity if you hack every computer, you would lose 13 humanity total because 4 of those computers are owned by kindred or evil kine (Dennis).
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: [1.3-1.4] Hacking Quest   [1.3-1.4] Hacking Quest EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 3:11 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Hacking someone's bank account and stealing their money isn't wrong and shouldn't make you lose humanity? Or only lose it once? That doesn't make sense to me.

What I did was set standard parameters for stealing. If you steal from an innocent kine then you will lose humanity whether it's hacking or lockpicking. I stand corrected on my previous statement about losing 17 humanity if you hack every computer, you would lose 13 humanity total because 4 of those computers are owned by kindred or evil kine (Dennis).

How far down do you go? Usually stealing is considered a level 6 sin, if I recall right.
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: [1.3-1.4] Hacking Quest   [1.3-1.4] Hacking Quest EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 3:19 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:

How far down do you go? Usually stealing is considered a level 6 sin, if I recall right.

Excactly. And if we use the WoD background here, humanity 5 and lower wont be effected by it. You did that before, its not the end of the world from your moral perspective.

Humanity Ratings:

Hacking that kind of "huge" amounts of money could be considered Petty theft even. Its "not" that big of a deal.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: [1.3-1.4] Hacking Quest   [1.3-1.4] Hacking Quest EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 3:32 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:

You stop getting humanity losses at level 5 or lower, after that, you can steal steal steal and you're fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [1.3-1.4] Hacking Quest   [1.3-1.4] Hacking Quest Empty

Back to top Go down

[1.3-1.4] Hacking Quest
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: The Final Nights Forum :: Post Your Reviews and Ideas-
Jump to: