Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

TFN 1.4 wishlist

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: TFN 1.4 wishlist   Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:20 pm

Hello fellow kindred.

As we know Zer0's already working on TFN 1.4, adding some cool new features and ideas of his.

With this topic I would like us to express where we would personally like this mod to be headed.

To me personally, TFN is not vanilla Bloodlines and therefore I don't mind having any new quests, npcs or things that can generally mess with the story.

As a story-telling fan, here's where I would love this mod to be headed:

- New npcs, quests and fully voiced dialogues.
- New clan specific interactions and quests. I would love to feel like I really play the clan or the bloodline. If I do not look at the model or the disciplines, sometimes it's easy to forget which clan you're actually playing.
- More non-email quests
- Possibly new cinematics and endings (one day I hope)

What I'm saying is that I don't care as much for new features as I'm not a fan of GTA anyway. I don't care if I can steal a car, play tennis or have a garden.
While I do love the idea of random encounters, less repetition when seeing models or new disciplines/ ways to play, I would much prefer if the mod focuses entirely on making the atmosphere and feeling of playing a different clan complete.

Any thoughts or comments? What would you guys love to see?

How about you, Zer0?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.4 wishlist   Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:09 pm

YamiRaziel wrote:
- New npcs, quests and fully voiced dialogues.
- New clan specific interactions and quests. I would love to feel like I really play the clan or the bloodline. If I do not look at the model or the disciplines, sometimes it's easy to forget which clan you're actually playing.
- More non-email quests
- Possibly new cinematics and endings (one day I hope)

What a wonderful and splendid post by YamiRaziel! You know Yami, you really need to hang out here more often, I like the way your mind works.

Let's talk about 1.4 now that 1.3 (is more or less) out of the box.
1.) New NPCs, quests, and full voice dialogues.
Yes, yes, and more yesssss! Right now I am working with Mindy and Renee on a complete quest story with multiple sub plots for the player to do in 1.4. This quest and its sub plots will span throughout all 4 hubs and will end in the ocean house hotel. I've made some posts about it in other threads involving an evil Giovanni. To do this properly, we'll need more voice acting from Mindy (Silvia) and a new fully voiced villain (Ismerelda the Departed) who will be acted by Renee. Not only does this quest span across all 4 hubs, but actually explains why the dead are rising in the Hollywood graveyard (if you remember, we never did know why).

2.) New clan specific interactions and quests. I would love to feel like I really play the clan or the bloodline. If I do not look at the model or the disciplines, sometimes it's easy to forget which clan you're actually playing.
More yesssss! Clan specific quests would definitely add personalized atmosphere to the new clans, but I want to talk about something that would add even much much more! Ask yourself, why was the Malkavian so fun to play in Bloodlines?

Anyone?  Anyone at all?!?!?!

*drum rollllll* Because of the special dialogue!! Ding ding!

6 of the 7 clans had the exact same dialogue (more or less) but the Malkavian had their own set of special dialogue. It felt like you were playing a whole new game even if the NPCs still answered the same way. Imagine if this was done in TFN for all 7 clans. Need I say more? Obviously re-writing ALL of the PCs dialogue will take a lot of time, but time is something we have and it would definitely be worth it. I already re-wrote the entire tutorial for all 7 clans and I LOVE playing it because I never what options I'll get to say, and by the end of the tutorial I really feel like I'm playing a new clan. Will this be ready for 1.4? I don't know yet, the new Giovanni quest will take much of my time.

3.) More non-email quests
More non-email quests

4.) Possibly new cinematics and endings (one day I hope)
If I can figure out how to do it, then yes. The only one that I know of who has successfully made new cinematics has been Burgermeister and I'm unclear how he did it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.4 wishlist   Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:36 pm

Mitnick quest: since the removal of the poster quest there was nothing to steal in the Hollywood hub. Also after stealing the server log in Chinatown you should contact or be contacted by Mitnick since he is interested in the server log you stole. I also think Nosferatu should be more "friendly" toward the Samedi and gives him advices and quest to help him as well. The same for Baali with the Tremere (if they succeded in posing as one); maybe something like  "one of Strauss' disciple suspects you, try to frame him or make him disappear", or other favor to Strauss
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.4 wishlist   Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:50 pm

Zer0Morph, thank you very much for joining in and clarifying some of the questions I had.

Everything you've said makes me extremely happy as this is what I expect the future of Bloodlines to hold.

There is something I feel I have to add. Playing a Malkavian feels different not only because you have different dialogues, but because the NPCs have different dialogues for you. They react in an entirely different way. It's the same for Nosferatu.

I know that we cannot really create new dialogue options for the existing characters, but maybe we can voice-sculpt additional lines with what we have? Or as I mentioned my crazy idea in The Voices of Bloodlines topic, maybe we can try and reach some of the voice actors, hoping that they are super huge fans of Bloodlines and would be willing to do a couple of additional lines. It's far-fetched, but I have this illusion that people in this industry are actually as nerdy as we are Very Happy
Last option would be to check for other performances of theirs where their voices are similar to the ones in Bloodlines. Then we can use some of those lines for voice-sculpting (that is if I understand correctly how voice-sculpting works).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.4 wishlist   Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:41 pm

MxM wrote:
Mitnick quest: since the removal of the poster quest there was nothing to steal in the Hollywood hub. Also after stealing the server log in Chinatown you should contact or be contacted by Mitnick since he is interested in the server log you stole. I also think Nosferatu should be more "friendly" toward the Samedi and gives him advices and quest to help him as well. The same for Baali with the Tremere (if they succeded in posing as one); maybe something like  "one of Strauss' disciple suspects you, try to frame him or make him disappear", or other favor to Strauss
The server logs are CE. In vanilla, you only fing cash in the vault. Wesp has changed that in the plus patch to a name tag, and I think that is part of the poster quest.

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.4 wishlist   Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:35 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
MxM wrote:
The server logs are CE. In vanilla, you only fing cash in the vault. Wesp has changed that in the plus patch to a name tag, and I think that is part of the poster quest.
I'm quite sure they are server log in TFN too, anyway in the item description there is something like " Mitnick really wants this item".
In Hollywood in MetalHead Industries the cabinet you can open through hacking the computer next to it, is empty and is a bit of a letdown. Previously there was an item for the poster quest
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.4 wishlist   Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:35 pm

I actually forgot what Metalhead Industries was for and what happens in there. Isn't that some sort of sneaking quest?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
neonedrid
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.4 wishlist   Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:43 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
I actually forgot what Metalhead Industries was for and what happens in there. Isn't that some sort of sneaking quest?

Yes, it's part of Mitnick's quest to install his Schrecknet hubs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.4 wishlist   Today at 2:03 pm

Back to top Go down

TFN 1.4 wishlist
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1