Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baali Conflagration

Go down 
+5
Cretino
Zer0Morph
me8istakas
Feral
MxM
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
neonedrid
Neonate
Neonate

Baali Conflagration - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baali Conflagration   Baali Conflagration - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 4:56 am

It's very strange for me to see ideas 'bout facebook and all.
Maybe just because part of my job was explaining to people why they should not use socail networks and all..

I think that wikia page is ok, but facebook and other..
Well, you see. You're modmakers, not those marketing freaks.
The thing is, your TA, as said above, are more hardcore fans, and those, tend to be not caring 'bout your facebook, twitters and other things. People like this tend to go moddb if they need something or come here, to home.

Don't forget that big crowds tend to kill atmosphere. I know a lot of communities that "died" or/and mutated due overcrowding.

BTW, Zer0morph, I can offer you help in modding, but not sooner than in  month due to my RL problems.
I have some experience working with Source engine (latest builds and old beta, that was leaked from Valve over decade ago).
I am tech-savvy and quick learner. Also I am not bad in revers-engineering and understanding how something works, if I am given enough time. I do not know python or how RPG-part of Bloodlines works but it won't be difficult for me to tune in.
Just tell me direction in which I should learn. where you need coding or bughunting or whatever.
No help from me at graphical part though, sorry
Also I speak Russian and Ukrainian(bleh, why anyone would need that?) and very a little bit of German

Last edited by neonedrid on Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar Nazi Rush)
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Baali Conflagration   Baali Conflagration - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 5:44 am

Sounds interesting, neonedrid.
I think the first job would be to find out if there is a way to expand the number of clans shown in the pulldown menu in character creation and if it is possible to create more disciplines.

And I agree on what you said about facebook and large communities. If we had lots of people here, we'd have to moderate more, and couldn't go on teasing each other and hijacking threads. It would become boring and impersonal.
Back to top Go down
neonedrid
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Baali Conflagration   Baali Conflagration - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 6:08 am

Sure, Malkav, thanks for head-on, maybe I'll figure something out.
No promises, though.

And can you please give some details? Is there some kind of limitation?
Or better could you please give me link to some documentation or guide?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Baali Conflagration   Baali Conflagration - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 6:32 am

neonedrid wrote:
Sure, Malkav, thanks for head-on, maybe I'll figure something out.
No promises, though.

And can you please give some details? Is there some kind of limitation?
Or better could you please give me  link to some documentation or guide?
The only documentation I know of is Dheu's manual. And that doesn't cover the engine, except for pointing out some of the limitations.
For the clans, you can have up to 15, but the pulldown menu in character creation will always show 7. Even if you remove clans.
For disciplines, you can only have 13. I have found a list of disciplines in vampire.dll. Maybe you can start there.
Sorry, can't help you any more on this subject. I can create the algorithm for a given problem, and hack it in a programming language if I have access to a bit of code to see how the syntax works. But I have no idea how complex things like game engines work.
Back to top Go down
neonedrid
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Baali Conflagration   Baali Conflagration - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 6:36 am

That's okay for start, thank you.
At least got something to move on

Well, that the problem. Source itself is very complicated.
And VTMB build is totally FUBAR.
Let's just hope that it is not that hardcoded into dll or something.

Last edited by neonedrid on Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Baali Conflagration   Baali Conflagration - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 8:49 am

Cretino wrote:
Hi Yami! I did already message Feral and Eliza, but they didn't reply. If you would kindly start the wikia, I would add content little by little.

Well, dude, different time zones and all, I do still need to sleep. Razz I'll have a look, and if nothing else, I can always offer my super awesome (grammar nazi fueled) editing skills. Oh, and I know a bunch about lore, too, though not quite as much as Claudia.
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: Baali Conflagration   Baali Conflagration - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 10:37 am

Yeah, well, it's not necessary to have a Facebook page, of course.

Plus even if we do, not all of the people there will come here.

Sure we're not marketing, but if we ever wish to attract more people/devs that's one way of doing it. There can be others too, it was just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baali Conflagration   Baali Conflagration - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Baali Conflagration
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2