Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We got it wrong

Go down 
+9
Griff
wesp5
Claudia
Maxus Corvin
Nachtrae
Feral
Dragatus
Zer0Morph
Childe of Malkav
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

We got it wrong Empty
PostSubject: We got it wrong   We got it wrong EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 1:20 pm

Marvin was absolutely right when he turned Antitribu into a fullout combat mod.
VtM-B stands for Vampire the Massacre - Bloodbaths
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

We got it wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got it wrong   We got it wrong EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 2:35 pm

We got it wrong 4918861357_27246449_answer_1_xlarge
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

We got it wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got it wrong   We got it wrong EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 2:38 pm

Personally I prefer to have it wrong.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

We got it wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got it wrong   We got it wrong EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 2:49 pm

Dragatus wrote:
Personally I prefer to have it wrong.

Me too.
*licks Dragatus very wetly and wags*
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

We got it wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got it wrong   We got it wrong EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 3:02 pm

I looked up some of the antitribu videos.
Found their Tzimisce clan showcase.
Apparently you can summon a Xenomorph with Vicissitude 5.
I laughed.

(if interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2V9ubTzREo at 3 minutes 55)
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

We got it wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got it wrong   We got it wrong EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 3:04 pm

Why would I want to summon a Zer0morph? scratch
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

We got it wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got it wrong   We got it wrong EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 3:07 pm

Why would a Slachta look like a Xenomorph is the better question.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

We got it wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got it wrong   We got it wrong EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 3:18 pm

Nachtrae wrote:
Because they couldn't make a convincing Slachta model? scratch
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

We got it wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got it wrong   We got it wrong EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 3:20 pm

Saw in the comments that apparently it was meant to be a homage to Alien.
Uhuh. Rolling Eyes Then put a poster or a small tattoo of it in the game rather than making a powerful discipline look.....foolish.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

We got it wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got it wrong   We got it wrong EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 3:35 pm

Nachtrae wrote:
Saw in the comments that apparently it was meant to be a homage to Alien.
Uhuh. Rolling Eyes Then put a poster or a small tattoo of it in the game rather than making a powerful discipline look.....foolish.
Right, I heard something similar, too. And I think you can have Sigourney Weaver as companion. But only if you play as Jones, the cat. geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

We got it wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got it wrong   We got it wrong EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 3:41 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Nachtrae wrote:
Because they couldn't make a convincing Slachta model? scratch

Szlachta* Polnische fur die Adel.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

We got it wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got it wrong   We got it wrong EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 3:42 pm

I'm sitting here at work literally laughing out loud. My coworkers told me to quiet down, HAHAHA!

Funniest thread ever! lol! lol! lol!

I rolled over laughing when I saw the video where the player shapeshifted into an Alien and fought Sub-Zero from Mortal Combat and he actually froze the alien. Funniest thing ever, I was like, dude, the Call of Duty kids are gonna love this mod!
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

We got it wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got it wrong   We got it wrong EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 3:47 pm

speaking of player transformation. Horrid form has a tail apparently.
Where did that come from?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

We got it wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got it wrong   We got it wrong EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 3:50 pm

Nachtrae wrote:
Reverse evolution.
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

We got it wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got it wrong   We got it wrong EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 3:51 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Nachtrae wrote:
Reverse evolution.
Stay in that form for 5 minutes and you will develop fins and gills? scratch
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

We got it wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got it wrong   We got it wrong EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 4:11 pm

As much fun as I am having with it, I find it interesting how many of the changes made to existing quests are...unexplained. Rather than having some explanation for certain things, or adding a new tangential quest, it just has you going through things with no obvious direction, save for the environment you are in - which in most cases isn't too bad, save for two cases during the endgame where I did NOT know what to do in order to circumvent a door or gate. As for added quests, well, those don't have much direction either, which may not be a bad thing, but having something to go on would be nice.

Plus, there are cases which if you use disciplines(like visscisitude) to kill enemies, the game doesn't register them as dead, which is annoying when them being so is now required to progress(though I haven't exactly had this issue myself). I know at least Brother Kanker has a similar problem, in that he now summons wolves(which if he is a Nosferatu, fine), but if you kill him either before you kill an existing wolf, or while he is summoning one, the quest does not update accordingly - and the bloody wolves keep spawning.

Then there is this one other issue. On certain levels, the game seems to spam messages in the console about the "Particle precache" being full. Now this may just cause the problem if not displaying certain effects, like the VampireDeath animation having no embers, and changing areas presumably flushes this precache. But if it's a level like the Hallowbrook? I had the game crash three times during the fight with the three Lasombra, before I had to just notarget and run past most of it. I don't think I have ever seen this issue with either the UP, CQM or TFN.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

We got it wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got it wrong   We got it wrong EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 4:19 pm

Did you read the response Mv.c9 gave when people started complaining about histories being taken out of Antitribu?

He basically said, Histories were removed from Antitribu because they were unimportant and didn't add anything to the game except a small stat boost.

LOL, given the playstyle, it makes sense that he would take histories out. Bang Bang "Git yer men outta there!" Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

We got it wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got it wrong   We got it wrong EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 4:25 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Did you read the response Mv.c9 gave when people started complaining about histories being taken out of Antitribu?

He basically said, Histories were removed from Antitribu because they were unimportant and didn't add anything to the game except a small stat boost.

LOL, given the playstyle, it makes sense that he would take histories out. Bang Bang "Git yer men outta there!" Rolling Eyes

Indeed, I did. Seems from a later post that he might add histories in later, though. Which I certainly hope he does, since I both like Histories in general, and think the creation menu looks like it is missing something without that drop-down menu being there.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

We got it wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got it wrong   We got it wrong EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 4:26 pm

I'm not even going to bother playing that mod so I honestly don't care either way.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

We got it wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got it wrong   We got it wrong EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 7:31 am

I was discussing with Burgermeister about having a vague sense of the clans in Antitribu and the main critic we had went like this:

(I was discussing how I broke the game, through poking the tutorial as a Giovanni, he said he skipped the tutorial)

Claudia
and all tutorial text was "ventrue" :p
then the game just crashed on me

Burgermeister
lol
okay
so the thing about this mod
the giovanni makes the absolute smallest amount of sense
out of all of the "weird" clans

Claudia
XD well the feeding flaw is "okay" considering the limitations

Burgermeister
why the fuck would the camarilla have any say over a clan which is completely considered separate from the cam
and also has a presence / family in the city
it's such a stretch

Claudia
because camarilla rules apply to camarilla domains

Burgermeister
yea, but my understanding was that the Giovanni and the Camarilla both have an unspoken agreement of "you stay out of my business, and I'll stay out of yours"

Claudia
yeah, but that giovanni breaks it by embracing inside a cammie domain

Burgermeister
Right, I guess
But even then, why the fuck would anyone do that
and why would the spared childer be under camarilla jurisdiction. seems like s/he should be expedited to the giovanni mansion

Claudia
yeah that's the issue

Burgermeister
and assuming all of that still goes, when dude shows up at the giovanni mansion to steal the sarcophagus he'd probably be killed on sight

Claudia
story doesn't match the clans

Burgermeister
i'd be much happier if they made a mod that explained the story behind these clan antrtribu rather than just having them for the lolz
yea exactly

Claudia
xD

Burgermeister
like what if there were entirely different starting points or ending points
whoa
what if for like lasombra and tzimisce and stuff you started out as shovelheads in the attack on the theater

Claudia
yeah!

Burgermeister
jack takes you out of the fray, and you're brought before the prince for sentencing, but then nines is like "THIS IS BULLSHIT"
lol
change the dialog a bit, but the whole general story structure would be the same

Claudia
yeah got it
and kill that first sabbat pack guy
like "prove you're not with them"

Burgermeister
yea
something
anything
lol

Claudia
nod nod

Burgermeister
i can believe a lasombra antitribu though probably more so than some of these other exotic clans

Claudia
agreed

Burgermeister
at least change the prince's dialog for some of these clans, jesus
the dialog should be changed to reflect that
"he never _bothered_ to announce his presence in _my_ domain"
if a fucking salubri was in LA, and the prince summarily executed him, people would lose their fucking shit

Claudia
strauss would "approve greatly"

Burgermeister
"Dude, he _just_ reached goncola! What the FUCK are you doing?!"

Claudia
nah most kindred don't know shit
but the salubri would be found sire-less since the sire makes their childer diablerize them

Burgermeister
oh lol
the more you know ...
LaCroix: "Well, I guess that settles that ..."

Back to top Go down
wesp5
Ancillae
Ancillae
wesp5

We got it wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got it wrong   We got it wrong EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 8:54 am

Claudia wrote:
I was discussing with Burgermeister about having a vague sense of the clans in Antitribu and the main critic we had went like this:

(I was discussing how I broke the game, through poking the tutorial as a Giovanni, he said he skipped the tutorial)

Very interesting read, although I didn't understand everything as my WoD knowledge is more or less limited to what you learn in Bloodlines. Still, isn't this the same with the new TFN clans? I mean, is this explained better? Also nice to see that burgermeister is playing the ATM! Maybe his anger gives him motivation enough to get back to modding Bloodlines Smile!
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

We got it wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got it wrong   We got it wrong EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 9:42 am

The thing is that in TFN, the clans Zero used "masquerade" as other clans.

For antitribu, the Giovanni, Tzimisce and Old Tzimisce just don't pass as easily. Their look is also over the top and totally giving on their clan ^^

the only thing for me would be the Salubri clan, Strauss would totally ambush them and get rid of them quickly.

Back to top Go down
wesp5
Ancillae
Ancillae
wesp5

We got it wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got it wrong   We got it wrong EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 10:28 am

Claudia wrote:

How is this done in TFN? I saw that in the ATM the Tzimisce can changeto look like Toreador.
Back to top Go down
Griff
Ancillae
Ancillae
Griff

We got it wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got it wrong   We got it wrong EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 10:31 am

wesp5 wrote:
Claudia wrote:

How is this done in TFN? I saw that in the ATM the Tzimisce can changeto look like Toreador.

They can transform into a Nosferatu for an intimidation boost as well if they "equip" flesh or a skeleton first. It's a bit awkwardly handled, but kind of a cool idea.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

We got it wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got it wrong   We got it wrong EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 11:20 am

Well the Baali present themselves as Tremere.

The others, well, nobody asks them about their clan, so they go by whatever-clan-their-sire-was-masquerading-as.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

We got it wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: We got it wrong   We got it wrong Empty

Back to top Go down

We got it wrong
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next