Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blackmailing Gary Golden :)

Go down 
+10
MxM
kyoden
Claudia
wesp5
Griff
Childe of Malkav
Feral
Cretino
Dragatus
Zer0Morph
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Blackmailing Gary Golden :) Empty
PostSubject: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 3:59 pm

Here's what I've been working on lately. I decided to take a break on the "Hiding Pisha's items" dilemma but will come back to that another time. For now, I'm working on black mailing Gary in 1.4.

So after you find the LA Times Journalist and murder him, then steal his picture of the Nosferatu, Silvia tells you to keep the photo in case you ever meet the Nossie Primogen (which we all know you will). When you get down to the Warrens 5 level, you'll go through regular dialogue with Gary, however, the line before making your decision to go to Chinatown will be replaced with new dialogue. You either A.) Have the photo with you, or B.) Have completed the quest and kept the photo.

The new dialogue will allow you to barter a deal with Gary, trade the photo of one of his "boys" feeding in public, for a special new occult item I'm designing for TFN 1.4. This occult item (which I have not named yet) will reduce the amount of blood you spend for existing, by 25%. So in other words, your base timer would be 5 minutes instead of 4. Pretty sweet huh? Very Happy

My question to you guys is this, what should the occult item be and what should we call it? Our only limitations are the models that already exist for items, but it can be any item, not just an occult item, and I can reskin it too. This item will technically not be an occult item as I will write it into the Blood Timer python script so that it checks to see if the player has it. If they do, the timer is set to 5 minutes instead of 4. Smile

Ideas or thoughts? Do you guys like this plan?

I was thinking about Gary giving you money based on Haggle but that's been done SOOOO many times already. I thought this would be new and more creative. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 4:19 pm

I like it. Will probably suggest something alter, after I've had a think.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 4:34 pm

tl;dr

A ring. Make it a recolored ring. We can't have any more pendants (it's too heavy on the neck already).
Or the evil talisman Mr. Ox gives you. Recolored as well.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 4:38 pm

So something like Goldjum plus for blackmailing Gary?
Not bad...

Would there be negative consequences for future interactions after you blackmail him?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 4:43 pm

Feral wrote:
Would there be negative consequences for future interactions after you blackmail him?

For blackmailing Strauss, yes, but I guess calling this blackmail is misleading because you aren't really blackmailing him, you're in fact saving his butt because if that picture got back to LaCroix, Gary would be in some heat.

But to answer your question, no, Gary won't hate you anymore than he already kind of does.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 5:42 pm

A ring is a good idea. Call it "precious" and it should give obfuscate. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 5:50 pm

FUCK YEAH lol!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 7:13 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
A ring is a good idea. Call it "precious" and it should give obfuscate. Very Happy

I actually put an Obfuscate occult item in 1.3 and Ox sells it. Of course, you can actually find one for free in one of the hubs if your Inspection is high enough too.
Back to top Go down
Griff
Ancillae
Ancillae
Griff

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 8:53 pm

This sounds pretty neat. If you want a suggestion for the item, perhaps something like this would work:

Quote :
Salubri Eye
It is rumored that should you manage to take a Salubri's third eye, great blessings shall be bestowed upon you. Unfortunately, the Brujah that stole this wasn't listening very carefully and took a right eye instead. Still, the effort is inspiring.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 4:48 am

Heh, so I can walk around as a four eyed Salubri.

I like the idea of a ring.
Back to top Go down
wesp5
Ancillae
Ancillae
wesp5

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 4:49 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

I actually put an Obfuscate occult item in 1.3 and Ox sells it. Of course, you can actually find one for free in one of the hubs if your Inspection is high enough too.

Is this the same Zharalketh ring that I restored in the UP and which was already finished and working but unused in the game files?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 12:27 pm

wesp5 wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

I actually put an Obfuscate occult item in 1.3 and Ox sells it. Of course, you can actually find one for free in one of the hubs if your Inspection is high enough  too.

Is this the same Zharalketh ring that I restored in the UP and which was already finished and working but unused in the game files?

Yeah, it's called item_p_occult_obfuscate. I didn't realize you restored that, I thought it was in the vanilla game.
Back to top Go down
wesp5
Ancillae
Ancillae
wesp5

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 1:07 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
I didn't realize you restored that, I thought it was in the vanilla game.

I think it was one of the first things I restored and a perfect proof that Troika was forced to release the game unfinished. I mean it worked right out the box with everything perfect except it didn't appear inside the game!
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 1:19 pm

I don't see why Gary would have occult items.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 1:53 pm

Claudia wrote:

There is a merit to that sugesstion...

He has dirt on Strauss, maybe?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 1:54 pm

Strauss wouldn't give an occult item so useful...
Smile
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 3:40 pm

Feral wrote:
Claudia wrote:

There is a merit to that sugesstion...

He has dirt on Strauss, maybe?
He's the Nosferatu primogen. He has dirt on everybody. Twisted Evil
No matter how many locks on your closet. The Nosferatu know about the skeletons inside.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 3:46 pm

Claudia wrote:
Smile

So now I can't make this a quest reward for blackmailing Gary? Because the Lore Police said NO?!? Sad
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 3:53 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Claudia wrote:
Smile

So now I can't make this a quest reward for blackmailing Gary? Because the Lore Police said NO?!? Sad
I wouldn't go that far. Who knows what the sewer rats dig up in the filth of this city. Question
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 4:02 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:
Claudia wrote:
Smile

I wouldn't go that far. Who knows what the sewer rats dig up in the filth of this city. Question

Do "I", the great and powerful Zer0Morph, have the power to override the great and powerful Lore Master and Tremere Primogen - Claudia? Stay tuned... we'll see.... pale
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:03 pm

Its ok. It wont be a Lore disaster. Maybe a minor nuisance, thats all.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:16 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:
Claudia wrote:
Smile

Do "I", the great and powerful Zer0Morph, have the power to override the great and powerful Lore Master and Tremere Primogen - Claudia? Stay tuned... we'll see.... pale

Aaaand our newest Gargyole is...!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:17 pm

Feral wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:
Claudia wrote:
Smile

Aaaand our newest Gargyole is...!

HAHAHAHA! SHUUUUUT UP! Cool
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:30 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:

HAHAHAHA! SHUUUUUT UP! Cool

*licks Zer0 vigorously, wagging as mad*

You know bro, you like a stone...?
Back to top Go down
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah
MxM

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 pm

I don't know about the occult item. Gary surely wouldn't give such a thing to an Ishtarri. Maybe to a Samedi or an Assamite... anyway I don't think he would give away something so precious (especially to an Ishtarri lol! )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Blackmailing Gary Golden :)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next