Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blackmailing Gary Golden :)

Go down 
+10
MxM
kyoden
Claudia
wesp5
Griff
Childe of Malkav
Feral
Cretino
Dragatus
Zer0Morph
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
wesp5
Ancillae
Ancillae
wesp5

Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 6:31 pm

Claudia wrote:
I don't see why Gary would have occult items.

I don't know where the Galdjum is in the TFN, but I found it always strange that such a powerful item would lie around in the dirt of the Nosferatu warrens Wink...
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 8:51 pm

MxM wrote:
I don't know about the occult item. Gary surely wouldn't give such a thing to an Ishtarri. Maybe to a Samedi or an Assamite... anyway I don't think he would give away something so precious (especially to an Ishtarri lol! )

You realize if I make the new occult item available for all clans BUT Ishtarri, people are going to bitch and complain right?

wesp5 wrote:
Claudia wrote:
I don't see why Gary would have occult items.

I don't know where the Galdjum is in the TFN, but I found it always strange that such a powerful item would lie around in the dirt of the Nosferatu warrens Wink...

Galdjum is only sold by Ox in TFN, you can't find it, you can only buy it.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 11:02 pm

On the matter of buying occult items, isn't Ox a bit late in the game for that. Ok. he's the most reasonable choice, since I doubt that Max will make a garage sale. And Larry may have fake baseball shirts, but no real talismans.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 12:30 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
On the matter of buying occult items, isn't Ox a bit late in the game for that. Ok. he's the most reasonable choice, since I doubt that Max will make a garage sale. And Larry may have fake baseball shirts, but no real talismans.

Yeah, late enough in the game to be able to afford it, LOL.
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 12:45 am

What about Akeem or that Silvia character?
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:12 am

Akeem and Pisha are good candidates for selling occult items. Are we missing anyone? Grout? rendeer
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 3:01 am

Gary wouldn't have it and give it away

How about : "hey, I've got this contact in Chinatown, go and tell him I've sent you. I'll give him a call.."
And Ox gives you the object

(Pisha and Akeem work fine to me ^^)
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 3:31 am

Mitnick does have this line...

"...and I've got access to all kinds of goodies."

So why wouldn't Gary have the same kind of access? Possibly even things Mitnick is unaware of.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 3:32 am

I don't think he's talking about magical items but rather technological ones Smile
Back to top Go down
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah
MxM

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 3:45 am

Claudia wrote:
Gary wouldn't have it and give it away

How about : "hey, I've got this contact in Chinatown, go and tell him I've sent you. I'll give him a call.."
And Ox gives you the object

(Pisha and Akeem work fine to me ^^)
I like it ^^ bounce
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 5:35 am

Maxus Corvin wrote:
Mitnick does have this line...

"...and I've got access to all kinds of goodies."

So why wouldn't Gary have the same kind of access? Possibly even things Mitnick is unaware of.
Well, Gary isn't the type to give things away. He might give you something minor for the photo, but not an occult item, even if he has one.
Back to top Go down
wesp5
Ancillae
Ancillae
wesp5

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 8:34 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:

Well, Gary isn't the type to give things away.

Why? He has one of the most powerful items lying around in his domain whithout caring about it...

Last edited by wesp5 on Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 8:34 am

That was wrong too my friend Wink
Back to top Go down
wesp5
Ancillae
Ancillae
wesp5

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 8:40 am

Claudia wrote:

I know, which is why I fixed it Smile. Still Gary has some lines that go like "Let's see what I got...." and "Let's see what I got.... For one of your kind, it ain't gonna be cheap." (Toreador) which implies that he was meant to give or sell something to the player. I can still imagine him doing it, but it needs to be followed up by a cynical comment Wink.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:35 am

wesp5 wrote:
Claudia wrote:

I know, which is why I fixed it Smile. Still Gary has some lines that go like "Let's see what I got...." and "Let's see what I got.... For one of your kind, it ain't gonna be cheap." (Toreador) which implies that he was meant to give or sell something to the player. I can still imagine him doing it, but it needs to be followed up by a cynical comment Wink.
Isn't that when the player asks for advice about survival in Chinatown?

And what he eventually gives away are some posters, and even they come at a price.
Back to top Go down
wesp5
Ancillae
Ancillae
wesp5

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 11:30 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:

Yes, but the player doesn't ask him about advice, he asks: "Got anything I can use to protect myself?" And the price is different for Nossies, others and Toreador. And all we get is some smartass comment! I can't help the feeling something was cut there...
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:46 pm

wesp5 wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

Yes, but the player doesn't ask him about advice, he asks: "Got anything I can use to protect myself?" And the price is different for Nossies, others and Toreador. And all we get is some smartass comment! I can't help the feeling something was cut there...

The key word here is 'information'. Since Nosferatu trade in information like a physical good, this line does make sense. The player might not have meant it that way (aka they might really be asking for a gun or what have you), but Gary offers them something that's far better in the Kindred world - info. And as we know, it comes for a 'price' - money, favors, other info, you name it - and of course that price would be different for another Nosferatu (clan unity and all, it'd be practically for free) and a Toreador (a clan that the Nosferatu often hate, so they enjoy making them squirm and asking higher prices, just out of spite, malice and prejudice).
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:50 pm

/stalk the library cat on skype

I agree that if they gather objects they'll keep them to themselves

Maybe nossie PC will get the object directly, but others should go and pay Ox for it
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 3:59 pm

Wow guys, I just read the last 10 posts and now I don't know HOW to handle it. It's a good thing I haven't begun working on Gary's dialogue. Obviously I lean towards Wesp's idea of allowing Gary to trade it for the photo because that will require the least amount of work on my end.

Gary does have some unused lines that would allow us to have him call or email a partner who would have an item for the player, such as "I'll send you an email" which is an unused line full with lip movements and audio. Gary could email you the location of who could give it to you (Akeem or Pisha). Of course then someone's going to bitch about having to go ALLLLLLL the way to Akeem or Pisha to get the item when Gary just should've given it directly.

Always someone rockin' the boat... I don't like it, it should be this way, waaaah waaaah waaaah. Then I have to go back, recode everything because I have nothing better to do with my life... such is the way of a modder trying to please everyone.

Sorry for the Brujah rant... anyways... okay, what are we doing here? Make a decision so I can get back to work and set it up. Razz
Back to top Go down
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah
MxM

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 4:35 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Wow guys, I just read the last 10 posts and now I don't know HOW to handle it. It's a good thing I haven't begun working on Gary's dialogue. Obviously I lean towards Wesp's idea of allowing Gary to trade it for the photo because that will require the least amount of work on my end.

Gary does have some unused lines that would allow us to have him call or email a partner who would have an item for the player, such as "I'll send you an email" which is an unused line full with lip movements and audio. Gary could email you the location of who could give it to you (Akeem or Pisha). Of course then someone's going to bitch about having to go ALLLLLLL the way to Akeem or Pisha to get the item when Gary just should've given it directly.

Always someone rockin' the boat... I don't like it, it should be this way, waaaah waaaah waaaah. Then I have to go back, recode everything because I have nothing better to do with my life... such is the way of a modder trying to please everyone.

Sorry for the Brujah rant... anyways... okay, what are we doing here? Make a decision so I can get back to work and set it up. Razz
Mitnick could give you something if you send him the server log (like in CE) scratch
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 4:45 pm

MxM wrote:
Mitnick could give you something if you send him the server log (like in CE) scratch

The point is getting something from Gary for the photo.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 8:48 pm

This has turned out very nicely so far! I have about 5 new fully voiced unused lines for Gary for this new feature and it works very well. The new occult item he gives to you is called the "Band of Sustenance". It's an enchanted ring that slow your blood usage down by 25%. I haven't tested its python function yet but I'm pretty sure it will work fine.

I'm still in the process of finishing up the .vcd, .lip, and .mp3 files and once that is done, I can begin testing it out to see how it works. Basically, you tell Gary how tragic it would be if the photo you got from the journalist of his "photogenic progeny" made it into the Prince's hands. Of course this pisses Gary off but he brokers a deal with you. If you have the photo on you, you can swap for the item right then and there. If you don't have the photo with you, you can drop it off in your mailbox and Gary will come pick it up, swap the item, and you'll get the XP reward.

It's a very cool follow up to the new side quest "For the Greater Good" given to you by Silvia in 1.4. I'll post pictures of the occult ring once I'm done reskinning it.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 11:15 pm

Here's a picture of the Band of Sustenance.

Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 35d9c0l
Back to top Go down
Griff
Ancillae
Ancillae
Griff

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 11:17 pm

Looks neat.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 2:27 am

Thanks Griff.

Well, I spent approximately 5 hours at work making this and another 5 hours when I got home tonight. About 5 hours went to creating it and the other 5 went to testing it, fixing the bugs, and doing run throughs using all possible combinations. Very daunting, but worth it. It runs perfectly smooth and I can't wait to release this to the public! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blackmailing Gary Golden :)   Blackmailing Gary Golden :) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blackmailing Gary Golden :)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next