Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is there a way to use NOCD?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Crackpot
Fledgling
Fledgling

Is there a way to use NOCD? Empty
PostSubject: Is there a way to use NOCD?   Is there a way to use NOCD? EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 1:43 am

Hey guys. After seeing the notification that The Final Nights was ready to go, I reinstalled my PC version of VTMB (disc version, not Steam version).

Years ago, when I first bought the game CDs, I used to use a NOCD crack to protect my discs by leaving them in their box. It involved copying a cracked version of Vampire.exe and Vampire.dll to the install dir. If your mod doesn't alter these two files, then I can probably use it. However, I suspect the mod does include an altered vampire.exe because of the changed menus.

I don't suppose I'm going to get lucky and it's actually ok to copy my old NOCD crack to the install dir?

Is there a NOCD crack that will work with the Final Nights? I really prefer to leave my discs in their box so they are protected.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to use NOCD?   Is there a way to use NOCD? EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 2:13 am

Well technically we're not supposed to talk about NOCD cracks and stuff like that because we don't host this website. However, you're not asking for advice on how to get a NOCD crack as you obviously already have one.

The good news is that TFN never touches the vampire.exe file but does overwrite the vampire.dll file in \Vampire\dlls\. What I would recommend, is make a backup of your vampire.dll file, test the crack, and if it works, GREAT! If it doesn't, then put the old .dll back.

I have a feeling that you can probably get away with using the crack's .dll file and not ours. Give that a shot, it will probably run TFN just fine.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to use NOCD?   Is there a way to use NOCD? EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 4:17 am

A nocd is like having a image of the disk on the driver, right? Like, using daemon tools to make the disk image so you don't need to insert the disk every time you want to play, right? Just asking.
Back to top Go down
neonedrid
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to use NOCD?   Is there a way to use NOCD? EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 12:49 pm

Cretino wrote:
A nocd is like having a image of the disk on the driver, right? Like, using daemon tools to make the disk image so you don't need to insert the disk every time you want to play, right? Just asking.

Usually it takes form of modified .exe and some dll's depending on game and DRM incorporated in particular game
Usually task basically is this - change so called "enter-points" (I don't know correct name of that in English, sorry), that .exe skips DRM "enterpoint" and jumps directly to game launch
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to use NOCD?   Is there a way to use NOCD? EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:21 pm

I have a NOCD crack on my skydrive, look up the Vampire: The Masquerade E-Books topic in the Dark Room for the link.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to use NOCD?   Is there a way to use NOCD? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there a way to use NOCD?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: The Final Nights Forum :: Ask a Question-
Jump to: