Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mechanics charts?

Go down 
+4
Cretino
malak
Griff
ngppgn
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Mechanics charts? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanics charts?   Mechanics charts? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 3:06 pm

I read this entire string of posts (I can't believe it) and after hearing ngppgn's arguments and other one elses, I have to say that I actually agree with everyone because the arguments on both sides were valid.

With that said, ngppgn is asking me to go through the entire game and list every item, difficulty level, location, and which feat is required for everything in a nice charted layout. This would take a lot of time on my end and honestly it's not something I want to do right now. I just began dating this girl and I'm still modding TFN along with my full time job and life responsibilities.

If there ever comes a time where something like this sounds like fun, then yeah I'll do it. People who enjoy discovering these things just need not to read it, but those who enjoy min/maxing would love it! I think ngppgn has a point and so I'd have no problem having this information out for people to see, but honestly right now just isn't a good time to put so much work into charting it all out.

What I can do however is show you how you can chart it out yourself, if you want to take the time to do it. If you do, and it's accurate, I'd be more than happy to display it here permanently. Of course I would need the original .xls files so I can update them appropriately as I make future changes. Without those, I can't update them and would have to take them down as soon as I made a change.

I hope this answer is to your approval, ngppgn. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics charts?   Mechanics charts? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 9:32 pm

I already said to YamiRaziel, developers should not give us the charts. That's for the player to find. Please, don't lose your precious time ^^ it's grunt work anyway...
But, if there's something we can't find, like, item drop chances (not happening on VtMB), we will come running to you with questions!
Back to top Go down
ngppgn
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics charts?   Mechanics charts? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 7:34 am

@Zer0Morph: First off: Thanks for taking the time to read through and reply.

Secondly, let me apologise if I sounded demanding or something, and specially if I was understood as asking you to do as you describe: Basically rewriting the entire game code so that anyone could read it. That was not what I intended. Rather, I assumed that you had what would be the info I was asking for in am accessible way outside og gaming code (for example in the form on notes to be checked when testing). Maybe that was an extrapolation of what I do when modding other games myself, and that was not warranted.

That said, I'd like to give it a try to the compiling task, specially, since I'm looking for a way to introduce myself to modding bloodlines, and this could be a good way to familiarise with the code.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics charts?   Mechanics charts? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 9:17 am

ngppgn wrote:

That said, I'd like to give it a try to the compiling task, specially, since I'm looking for a way to introduce myself to modding bloodlines, and this could be a good way to familiarise with the code.
Another bloodlines modder? That would be great. cheers
If you have any questions, ask. You can also have a look in our modding tips section. And look into Dheu's manual. Most of it isn't very good as a tutorial, but later it's an invaluable reference for the experienced modder.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics charts?   Mechanics charts? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 4:42 pm

You're welcome ngppgn. I got your PM so I'll reply to your questions there.

Malkav is right, check out our modding tips and Dheu's guide to Bloodlines. It will no doubt be confusing at first but as you expand your repertoire, it will save you more times than not.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics charts?   Mechanics charts? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mechanics charts?
Page 1 of 1