Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UI Textures And Others

Go down 
+4
Eliza
Feral
Cretino
Maxus Corvin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

UI Textures And Others Empty
PostSubject: UI Textures And Others   UI Textures And Others EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 6:16 am

So as it stands TFN's UI is good. Well, save for the fact that some of it does not fit with the changes. Not that this is a bad thing, but for the sake of consistency, the rest of it fitting the blood and health bars might make it more so. The only problem I have is that trying to take shots on the character sheet does not work. Might have to try something so I can get some shots of it.

Feed Bar
Ugh, that should be a brighter red. Have to figure out why it isn't. I have a version that matches the blood bar as well.

"Use" Tutorial
Use Icon(seems like only the context icons don't scale for widescreen)
A small change on most of the tutorial popups, but it does make them match with the existing hud. Still have a few more to do, mostly making the dialogue popups match the existing TFN ones, and the duration bar frames.

Discipline Tutorial

Inventory Menu
I think I have everything for that. The only thing that may not match up would be the store Icons, which I'd have to edit similarly to the armor/ranged/melee/general ones.

And for the rest...

Chalice
A simple edit. (The chantry retex is not my work)

Administration(ah crap, I misspelled it in the image....)
Dr. Malcolm St Martin
Cleaned up these signs, at least the borders. Had to edit the alpha channels too. These I've since fixed the spelling issues.

Asylum Bar
Part of a retexture I've done for the Asylum. Still have to edit some things, as the trim(below the grey stone with the ram heads), is either vanilla or GothicSeraphim's work.

Asylum Wide Shot
Still have a few things like those columns to do. Might also have to make the floor look more like how it is supposed to.

Goth Chick
What? She wanted a Black Wedding instead.

Asylum 2nd Floor
Might have to do something with Jeanette's vanity. Maybe make it and myself prettier. What?

Asylum Sign

Rosa
Going to have to change the eyes.

Gallery Painting Labels
Just added a shine to these. Can just be seen in the image, though(the slightly brighter part in the middle of the label).

Basic Keycard
Sewer Works Card
(Took these before I made the UI edits)
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: UI Textures And Others   UI Textures And Others EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 7:03 am

Blissful
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: UI Textures And Others   UI Textures And Others EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 7:29 am

Really goog work!
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: UI Textures And Others   UI Textures And Others EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 10:21 am

Those are very good edits. They fit in nicely with the atmosphere of VtM. I especially like the key cards, they look so shiny now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: UI Textures And Others   UI Textures And Others EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 1:35 pm

Great job Maxus!

The things that stood out to me that looked amazing was that Odious Chalice and the elevator door in the Asylum. The 1st floor in the Asylum looked good if it was aged and broken down. The thing I love about the artwork in Bloodlines is that everything has an old gritty look to it. I've noticed when people retexture the environments they always look clean and streamlined which doesn't fit in with the rest of the environment, you can tell it's not part of the original game.

The Asylum sign was also cool with the new colors.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: UI Textures And Others   UI Textures And Others EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 3:52 pm

^ This.

Well done, and to reiterate Zer0, thank you for keeping your fixes in the same character as the original game. had you not posted this up, I probably never would noticed anything other the chalice and the malkavians room.
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: UI Textures And Others   UI Textures And Others EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 12:11 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Great job Maxus!

The things that stood out to me that looked amazing was that Odious Chalice and the elevator door in the Asylum. The 1st floor in the Asylum looked good if it was aged and broken down. The thing I love about the artwork in Bloodlines is that everything has an old gritty look to it. I've noticed when people retexture the environments they always look clean and streamlined which doesn't fit in with the rest of the environment, you can tell it's not part of the original game.

The Asylum sign was also cool with the new colors.

There is a bit of shine on the walls(and most of the textures), but it isn't at all like Lacroix' office. Not sure if any actual mental hospital ever had a color scheme like this, but then again, some of those places can seem more for the purpose of driving people insane, than actually treating them and giving them their sanity back. The use of a small amount of colors(with little contrast) can serve a similar purpose, even with a club setting. Well, if the design of the place doesn't do it, nor the atmosphere, well, the music might. I might put some cracks back into the walls "These broken walls trap me inside...".

As for the rest, in some cases some parts of a texture might have to be replaced, if only because there isn't much that can be done with it at a low resolution. But for others, it is perhaps better to keep some of the original there, if only to keep the same vibe. Like that elevator door. I would remove the image(as it is likely out of place, at least concerning Vocaloid's fame), but I might just make an alternate version that either has some different image, or just deep red metal. With the keycards, well, those usually have problems being read if they aren't kept somewhat mint. I wouldn't be adverse to doing roughed up versions though. Another Idea I have is to make the cards that use the generic one more custom to the place, even if you'd only see it for so long as it takes to, well, take it.

Okay so...MOAR UI edits...

Feed Bar Fixed
Turns out I saved the dds and converted it before giving it that red color. Meh. Also, I've changed the health and blood background icons.

Final Death
Not intentional, but it was an opportunity to show off that one. Also, something about celerity. Why is it that enemies can still block perfectly, if I'm moving so bloody fast(this was using celerity 2)? Sure, I can dodge their hits, but any of mine? It seems nearly pointless to try and hit them, when even with the discipline active, they can still block most of the damage. Eh, I don't know.

Loadscreen

Discipline Frames
With that, the last thing should be editing the same popups TFN currently does, to match.

And the rest...

1970 Chevy Malibu with....eh.
The thinking was really simple.

Therese
Is it too much? What? No not that, but how pale she is.

Asylum Exterior
Might edit the building textures, if only to give windows more of a red tint than a pink one.

Rear Sign
I don't know how simple it would be to change the "light" behind it, especially when the sign makes it two-tone.

Oh, and there is a "Setite" skin I've been working on for some time. Even tried to normal map this, but the results were...not what other engines would give. So I scrapped it in favor of the usual specular method.

Armor 0

Armor 1

Armor 2

Armor 2(closeup)

Armor 3

Armor 3(closeup)
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: UI Textures And Others   UI Textures And Others EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 5:36 am

Gorgeous

Uh, im confused as to why you made Therese a brunette.
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: UI Textures And Others   UI Textures And Others EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 6:07 am

Cretino wrote:
Gorgeous

Uh, im confused as to why you made Therese a brunette.

Tourette. If you use a retexture that makes Jeanette's hair black, then you'd have Therese's blonde hair with a black pigtail. But I am sure there is a way to avoid that(likely editing Tourette's model), and I might change her hair back to blonde.

Back to top Go down
Bloodstone
Elder
Elder
Bloodstone

PostSubject: Re: UI Textures And Others   UI Textures And Others EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 9:43 am

Love the Setite's green eyes.
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: UI Textures And Others   UI Textures And Others EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 4:39 pm

So I've pretty much finished the UI mod. I might have to check Wesp's changes in the UP for the dialogue popups so it can be used with that, but as far as TFN goes, it's done. There might be one texture I am missing though, and that would be the brackets around the discipline/skill descriptions.

Internet Cafe Key(grabbed this shot in Antitribu)

Not an edit made by that mod, but me. Took me a while to find the right item file to edit(it's not the obvious one for ATM). Made a new model for it, and a new texture. I'm thinking of doing the same for these other keys:

Foxy Boxes Key
Jezebel's key
Mafia key
Tattoo Parlor key
Lucky Star Key

Hope I can at least kind of match the fonts with the rest.

Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: UI Textures And Others   UI Textures And Others EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 7:33 pm

Cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: UI Textures And Others   UI Textures And Others EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 11:10 am

It might be thought that the Dane's cameras are done in a complex fashion, likely how they are done for those in the Abandoned hospital downtown. Nope. Textures. By default, 256x256 textures. Not anymore.

Entry
Crates
Sarcophagus

Yep, now you can SEE the bloody hand prints. I'm going to put this on Moddb fairly soon.

Female Bluebood
Going to have to do something with her wrists/hands. But I'm creating a few different dress colors for this model, along with doing the same for the Goth Girl.

Closed Sign
Probably should be a little bigger.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: UI Textures And Others   UI Textures And Others EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 3:30 pm

Nice work Maxus!
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: UI Textures And Others   UI Textures And Others EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 8:43 am

Found myself a better camera to take these. It is kind of hot, though. Seriously, it gives off steam.

Menu - Character Sheet
Menu - Info
Menu - Quests

And a better looking floor for the Asylum:

Bloody Checkers

Oh, and perhaps a bit of shameless self promotion(or not):

http://www.moddb.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines/addons/better-dane-camera
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: UI Textures And Others   UI Textures And Others EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 11:28 pm

Why does it have to always be a church?
BUT IT LOOKS SO NICE
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: UI Textures And Others   UI Textures And Others EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 12:53 am

Okay, so if anyone else has ever seen the UI textures, what do you think is the worst of them? Basically meaning that sure, they look alright in game, but the actual texture? Not so much.

Dots

Yep, the dots. Four textures - Empty, Filled, Pending, and Bonus. Each of them a 16x16 in vanilla. Now, 512x512. I've actually done the same thing with the clan symbols, making each of them a 512x512 texture. Do not know why that grey line is there, must see about removing that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UI Textures And Others   UI Textures And Others Empty

Back to top Go down

UI Textures And Others
Page 1 of 1