Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nosferatu

Go down 
+2
wesp5
Childe of Malkav
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Nosferatu Empty
PostSubject: Nosferatu   Nosferatu EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 3:37 pm

I've tried playing a Nosferatu in the patch. It is horrible. Only used the sewers when I was hungry to catch a little rat snack. For the rest i just ran through the streets, no obfuscate or sneaking. And the first time I managed to get a masquerade violation was downtown in the alley behind Larry's truck when three people came at the same time...

So I have decided to modify Zer0's Samedi violation system a bit for my use. First tests are promising.
Back to top Go down
wesp5
Ancillae
Ancillae
wesp5

Nosferatu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu   Nosferatu EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 5:52 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:

So I have decided to modify Zer0's Samedi violation system a bit for my use. First tests are promising.

How does that work? I already lowered the times Nosferatu can be seen in the plus patch but never found a way to increase the distance on which NPCs react...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Nosferatu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu   Nosferatu EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 9:57 am

wesp5 wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

How does that work? I already lowered the times Nosferatu can be seen in the plus patch but never found a way to increase the distance on which NPCs react...
I didn't use the original nosferatu system. Instead I set the supernatural level for nosferatu to 2 and adjust the supernatural reaction of the npcs so that npcs who should react to the Nossie have supernatural attack or flee set to 1 or 2, and for those who don't react set to 3. But that must be periodically repeated by a timer because supernatural level fades after some time.
So far I have only run one test on the Santa Monica hub. When the first npc saw me I got a violation, after that no more violations, but civilians kept fleeing and cops shooting.

Zer0s Samedi system works with criminal level instead of supernatural, and he has some triggers on the hub maps to keep the criminal level up, instead of using a timer.
Back to top Go down
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah
MxM

Nosferatu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu   Nosferatu EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 12:56 pm

How does that work in Elysium? Do you have the same problem as Samedi when leaving building or exiting the sewers? How far are you spotted from npcs?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Nosferatu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu   Nosferatu EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 2:08 pm

MxM wrote:
How does that work in Elysium? Do you have the same problem as Samedi when leaving building or exiting the sewers? How far are you spotted from npcs?
You have the same problem as it is basically the same system. I'm working on a way to allow Nossies to activate obfuscate before leaving Elysium.
I haven't made enough tests yet, but sewers shouldn't be a problem because you can obfuscate before leaving.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Nosferatu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu   Nosferatu EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 2:26 pm

Can you create triggers near a door of Elysium so when you hit the trigger, and you are Nosferatu, it swaps Elysium for Masquerade zone and would allow you to Obfuscate before leaving? That's what I was going to do for TFN.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
wesp5
Ancillae
Ancillae
wesp5

Nosferatu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu   Nosferatu EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 5:01 pm

I guess that would mean to change every map and almost every NPC just to make this work! I don't think I'll do that for the patch Wink...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Nosferatu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu   Nosferatu EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 5:44 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Can you create triggers near a door of Elysium so when you hit the trigger, and you are Nosferatu, it swaps Elysium for Masquerade zone and would allow you to Obfuscate before leaving? That's what I was going to do for TFN.
I have only tried it in Mercurio's apartment yet. There is already a function that controls if you go on the normal hub or on the bloodhunt map. It is triggered by opening the exit door. So I just added a Nosferatu test: for Nossies the map is changed to masquerade area and the levelchange delayed so you have a few seconds to activate obfuscate. Of course then you have to switch the map back to elysium on the next mapload.
should be easy to write similar functions for the other places like Asylum, Asp Hole, Vesuvius, Issak's. Any places I missed?
Zer0, do you have an idea what we can do about leaving the sewers? some grace time there is needed unless the player has obfuscate 5.

Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

Nosferatu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu   Nosferatu EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 7:59 am

Leaving Ocean House hotel?

How about triggering Obfuscate automatically? A little perk for the uglies, they'd appear invisible on the street.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Nosferatu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu   Nosferatu EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 10:12 am

I like that idea...
Back to top Go down
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah
MxM

Nosferatu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu   Nosferatu EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 10:57 am

Jad.3 wrote:

How about triggering Obfuscate automatically? A little perk for the uglies, they'd appear invisible on the street.
As an added clan bonus sounds good...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Nosferatu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu   Nosferatu EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 2:56 pm

MxM wrote:
Jad.3 wrote:

Still doesn't help with exiting the sewers. That's item use without mapchange, so unless you have obfuscate 5, you still appear visible.
Back to top Go down
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah
MxM

Nosferatu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu   Nosferatu EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 4:28 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
MxM wrote:
Jad.3 wrote:

Still doesn't help with exiting the sewers. That's item use without mapchange, so unless you have obfuscate 5, you still appear visible.
If Obfuscate activates immediately after you enter the streets you shouldn't have problems. You have to be crouched for Obfuscate 1-3 but that perk makes (un)life much easier. You just need to remember to crouch before exiting. For the sewer should be the same scratch
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Nosferatu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu   Nosferatu EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 4:44 pm

At least as much work as guaranteeing some lenience time. And if for some reason obfuscate is already active, it doesn't work.

I think I set the supernatural level only if the player is not crouched, and leave the original Nos detection system active.
Then you're spotted at once if you are stupid enough to run around regardless, have the usual small risk if you hide, and no danger when you are obfuscated.
I think this serves the purpose of my mod. You are punished for being stupid, but it's not too hard otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

Nosferatu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu   Nosferatu EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 5:15 pm

Ok, we agree on how it should be done. Now we just need some grunt to do the actual work...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nosferatu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu   Nosferatu Empty

Back to top Go down

Nosferatu
Page 1 of 1