Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire?

Go down 
+6
ThePhilosopher
Childe of Malkav
Dragatus
Maxus Corvin
Karavolos
SaulottheGentle
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire? Empty
PostSubject: Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire?   Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire? EmptySat May 30, 2015 7:52 pm

Hello everyone, don't mind me just trying to make a convos for the whole forum to hopefully revitalize it or give ideas for perhaps a story in Bloodlines.

The question is one that is unanswered and unspoken inside the game itself and most of the stuff we know on him/her is things we've been able to find ourselves. But the Question is pretty much this: Who is the sire? How did they affect the Kindred spectrum? Did they have any stake in the war of Generations and were they in any political spectrum? As well, did Lacroix benefit in any way from the Sire's death enough to make it public?

So far, all we know is that the sire is of the same clan as the player character and for those who accept the idea of the Character being 8th Generation (just in case if anyone doesn't for some reason), the sire was also of the 7th Generation.

To perhaps add in my own thoughts, Lacroix says when you confront him "Like sire, like Childe", seemingly implying that the sire opposed Lacroix as well.

Discussion begin!!!
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire?   Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire? EmptySat May 30, 2015 8:32 pm

Might just be sweet talking, but Lacroix also mentioned him/her being an upstanding member of the Camarilla.
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire?   Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire? EmptySun May 31, 2015 1:47 am

SaulottheGentle wrote:

To perhaps add in my own thoughts, Lacroix says when you confront him "Like sire, like Childe", seemingly implying that the sire opposed Lacroix as well.

Karavolos wrote:
Might just be sweet talking, but Lacroix also mentioned him/her being an upstanding member of the Camarilla.

Both of these could certainly be exactly what they suggest, only it is also possible that both statements are motivated in a different fashion.

When said during the trial, it could simply mean someone that has never before run afoul of the Camarilla's laws. Or indeed someone who was an upstanding member, who would seemingly have never broken the rules before. However, no matter which it is, the reason for the statement is that LaCroix wishes to send a message with it - that he is going to uphold the rules of the Camarilla, no matter what. Hence the entire trial being an effort by LaCroix trying to say "I rule this city you peons."

As for the second, in that instance he has no audience, no real reason to slander your sire's credibility. But it's more a comparison. "This is how bad your sire was, and now you are just as bad". Of course this is skipped if you side with him, but then there is the...boom.

About what Strauss says about a Tremere, well, that is something of a different story. Again, in this case he has no real reason for the slander, but his mention of the Sire being an Anarch, might not implicitly make them so. While possible, it could also mean that he either viewed your Sire as someone who was all to willing to break rules, even if they never did so before, or that they were just more supportive of the Anarch cause, even if they weren't someone who was really one of them. Eh, or just a very similar meaning phrase comparable to LaCroix "Like Sire, Like Childe", only this time it's "Here is how badly I view your Sire, and I hope for your sake that you are not the same".
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire?   Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire? EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:51 am

SaulottheGentle wrote:
As well, did Lacroix benefit in any way from the Sire's death enough to make it public?

I agree with Maxus that it was just a display of power.

Quote :
So far, all we know is that the sire is of the same clan as the player character and for those who accept the idea of the Character being 8th Generation (just in case if anyone doesn't for some reason), the sire was also of the 7th Generation.

I remember reading somewhere that the reason you have 15 blood points is because Troika originally intended to implement generation, but they then ditched it and just gave you the maximum blood points that you would've gotten under that system. And that the player character was intended to be 11th or 10th generation, which would make the sire 9th or 10th. So they're an ancilla rather than an elder.

Quote :

It could've simply been a dramatic exaggeration of the sire embracing without permission from the prince.

Maxus Corvin wrote:
About what Strauss says about a Tremere, [...]

Huh? I never noticed Strauss saying anything about the sire. When does he do so?
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire?   Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire? EmptySun May 31, 2015 3:11 am

Dragatus wrote:
Huh? I never noticed Strauss saying anything about the sire. When does he do so?

Not sure if it requires a specific response, but I think the mentions "...your Anarch Sire..." at some point, likely if you gain his trust and get access to the Chantry Haven.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire?   Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire? EmptySun May 31, 2015 5:14 am

Maxus Corvin wrote:
Dragatus wrote:

Not sure if it requires a specific response, but I think the mentions "...your Anarch Sire..." at some point, likely if you gain his trust and get access to the Chantry Haven.
Hm, I wouldn't put too much weight in that statement. Any Tremere who sires outside the pyramid has to be considered anarch or antitribu. No matter if they are actually connected to the local anarchs or not.
And from Strauss' statements, I think he consideres anybody who deviates only slightly from the Camarilla rules to be an anarch (equals irresponsible).

And I agree that the public execution of the sire is meant to show strength. But actually I see it more as a sign of weakness.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire?   Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire? EmptySun May 31, 2015 12:24 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:

And I agree that the public execution of the sire is meant to show strength. But actually I see it more as a sign of weakness.

How so, my Merkel-voting friend?
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire?   Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire? EmptySun May 31, 2015 12:28 pm

Presumably because it showcases Lacroix's inability to keep the people he's supposed to lead in line; and moreover how he immediately jumps to the chance to kill them off with poor disguising over what he's doing.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire?   Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire? EmptySun May 31, 2015 6:07 pm

In other words, a strong leader can forgive trespasses from time to time. A weak leader cannot afford that luxury.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire?   Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire? EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 5:21 am

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

How so, my Merkel-voting friend?
Don't throw such insults lightly, friend!

And for the reasons, what Karavolos and Feral said.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire?   Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire? EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 10:11 am

I once researched about this very topic, only to be told about some game trivia.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire?   Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire? EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 10:13 am

Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire?   Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire? EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 10:16 am

If you want to revitalize the forum, maybe you should do one of those games... you know, '+1/-1', 'tell something about the person above', 'three sentence stories', games like these :p
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire?   Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire? EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 12:31 pm

Quantity over quality? I'm not sure about that. The community here has always been a small core of die-hard commenters, and I don't think you can change that. The game is over a decade old now, after all, there's not going to be a lot of fresh blood in the future.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire?   Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire? EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 12:33 pm

Cretino wrote:
If you want to revitalize the forum, maybe you should do one of those games... you know, '+1/-1', 'tell something about the person above', 'three sentence stories', games like these :p

Game is over 10 years old. There's only so much you can talk about it before there's nothing left to talk about Razz
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire?   Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire? EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 6:43 pm

Even if a story ends, that doesn't mean that its legacy dies. Like over here, there's work on mods and an entire forum made for the purpose of this game.

Perhaps out of curiosity, does anyone have any thoughts on the potential backstory of the sire? Even if it's just for your character or even if it's for a specific clan. Even from other mods and stuff. :3

To bring up to the table, I can easily imagine why the character is lower generation than normal when it comes to the Salubri in The Final Nights mod. Simply put, Salubri and their extinction have forced them to try and keep their Bloodline with lower than normal generation to keep it pure enough, even going as far as the sire having their childe commit diablerie on them to keep it up.

This reminds me of the Salubri 2.0 ideas and I stopped due to too much braincramping on how the Salubri and Tremere can exist as clans at the same time. OTL
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire?   Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 5:58 am

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Cretino wrote:

Game is over 10 years old. There's only so much you can talk about it before there's nothing left to talk about Razz
We could play until TFN 1.4 is released Smile
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire?   Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 9:51 am

My private backstory depends on Sire,s clan:

Gangrel: got overcarried after seeing a goog pup material. Improvised Embrace Plan failed...

Nosferatu: thought the security is off. Nobody would have found out. Backup was on...

Brujah: Because she wanted a Childe now! And cut that Durex crap!

Tremere: Baal's service required a padavan. Expendable pawn, short time only... Never underestimate Strauss...

Ventrue: Childe looked like a good investment. Should have really asked CEO's permission...

It is harder for me with TFN's Clans, as I had much fewer playtroughs with them. Usually I go with the main Clan's version, where applicable.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire?   Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 1:57 pm

He was chased from Germania and brought Rolf with him. After an attempt to build his own powerbase failed miserably, Rolf hit the road.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire?   Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 6:57 pm

I never really thought much about the sire. I just don't care much about characters that die in intro cinematics.
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire?   Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 11:24 pm

Feral wrote:
It is harder for me with TFN's Clans, as I had much fewer playtroughs with them.

I can try for those. :3

Samedi: The Cam were always looking for some reason to kill off a potential masquerade breaker bloodline. Sadly right after killing one they remembered WHY they had them around in the first place and kept the Childe.

Salubri: I'd say the Tremere had a major hand in bringing down the sire, probably hunting down and then they used Lacroix to kill off the sire so he'd soak up the blame without revealing the real reason s/he was killed. The childe probably didn't know their own clan until the one Assamite or Silvia said anything on their clan. The reason why the Salubri isn't hunted by Tremere or killed by Strauss is perhaps because the Anarchs stepped up. I don't have any other explanations to fill in any plot holes though. D:

Osebo/Ishtarri: Laibon Bloodlines can't simply be mentioned to exist in Africa and nowhere else. I refuse to believe that they haven't spread out in some fashion or form. But to explain, they were either part of Anarchs and didn't care for the rules or kind of just off the boat and embraced the childe.

Baali: MUEHUEHUE DEVIL WORSHIP AND BLOODY MURDER HAHHA
On a serious note, probably a sire wanting to start a cult and needed his very first worshipper. NOBODY EXPECTS THE CAMARILLA INQUISITION THOUGH.

Assamite Visier: Some employ or informant who is rewarding his ghoul and screw the rules I'm an Anarch!

Follower of Set: Same as Baali, except the Childe is either a long time ghoul to the cult or really loved Egyptian stuffs (hence tattoos).
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire?   Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 2:41 pm

Nobody.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire?   Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire? Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible Scenario to play on for Bloodlines: Who was the sire?
Page 1 of 1