Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vampire Literature

Go down 
+7
Garlik
wesp5
Childe of Malkav
Eliza
Claudia
Feral
eye of the divine
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

Vampire Literature  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Literature    Vampire Literature  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 8:22 am

I only read Frankenstein last year (and my passive vocabulary is ridiculously broad, anyway, so it wouldn't have mattered much had I read it earlier), so I only found it dreadfully boring and predictable, but I had a similar experience to YamiRaziel's when I was given The Great Gatsby as a reward for winning an English language contest in 7th grade. (Whoever thought that was an age-appropriate novel? I was 13 at the time...)

I did not get The Great Gatsby. At all. To be honest, I still don't get what the fuss is about with this one, since I also find it dreadfully boring. Somehow, "classics" about white dudes doing dude-things, told from the POV of white dudes, do nothing for me. At least Dracula has female POV characters...
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Literature    Vampire Literature  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 8:49 am

I've read great gatsby about a year ago and I found it beautifully written. The story was indeed lacking, but I wouldn't go so far to go "hmph, white dudes, where ma strong independent womyn at?", my dear Merkel-voting friend. If anything, the story helped me confirm the thesis that falling in love will kill you king
But, for reals, 13 year olds should be reading Harry Potter, not english classics Rolling Eyes

I haven't read frankenstein or Dracula, though, and honestly I don't think I'm missing much.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Literature    Vampire Literature  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 1:34 pm

Woah, slow down with the accusations there, I did not vote for Merkel. Shocked Way to go to insult me like that!

To be fair, it's been a while since I actually managed to get through Gatsby, and I don't remember too much of the story. I wanted to dig it back out when I saw that there was a movie version, but just couldn't be bothered, so ... no idea whether the novel proves that falling in love can kill you, old chap.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Literature    Vampire Literature  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 2:02 pm

Women don't have voting rights in Germany, as it should be, did you forget, Philo?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Literature    Vampire Literature  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 3:52 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
Women don't have voting rights in Germany, as it should be, did you forget, Philo?

You mizoginist, you... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Literature    Vampire Literature  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vampire Literature
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2