Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nosferatu Related

Go down 
+3
Eliza
Feral
drakoo36
7 posters
AuthorMessage
drakoo36
Fledgling
Fledgling
drakoo36

Nosferatu Related  Empty
PostSubject: Nosferatu Related    Nosferatu Related  EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 11:36 am

its small but still
so when you play a nos its like a whole new game and its like puting hard mod on willingly,
and no mater what you dont get breaks.
so like any clan you get better armors in game with time.
how abut that the last armor the one with the full body black fetish look will get a pass in outdoors.
the outfit covers the face and most of the body so why not to make a little adjustment.
and give the armor the ability to make the player walk in the streets with no
"ooo my god what the Hell is that thing hellllp call the copss NOW!!!"
or the most know one
"KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!"
to make the armor masquerade friendly.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Nosferatu Related  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu Related    Nosferatu Related  EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 11:50 am

Millenia's worth of sclerosis tells me Malkav tried something like that, but regretfully I don't recall the result...
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

Nosferatu Related  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu Related    Nosferatu Related  EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 4:43 pm

Also, if you invest in Obfuscate early and learn your way around the sewers, playing a Nosferatu is not that difficult. Even then, the high Obfuscate is primarily so you can later run through the streets instead of having to use the sewers every time (because I will be honest here, once I got into Hollywood and Chinatown navigating the sewers became increasingly annoying). And even without that you have to practically run into NPCs to get a Masquerade violation.
I had never finished a Nosferatu playthrough until recently, and I was actually disappointed with how easy it was (never had a Masquerade violation). And that is coming from someone who is so bad at sneaking, they wouldn't be able to hide successfully on the dark side of the moon.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Nosferatu Related  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu Related    Nosferatu Related  EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 7:41 am

Feral, you're wrong, I never tried something like this. I've never played a Nosferatu for more than a few steps (Ocean House max), so I never had any reason to do something there.
But if you use the original Nossie detection system, I doubt there can be changes because it is linked to the clan, not the model. I could give the Nodferatu a Toreador model and people still run away. If they see the pc at all, that is. Because Eliza is right, the few times I have run tests with Nossies I could run through the streets without obfuscate and nobody took any notice until I virtually bumped into them.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Nosferatu Related  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu Related    Nosferatu Related  EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 7:52 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Feral, you're wrong, I never tried something like this. I've never played a Nosferatu for more than a few steps (Ocean House max), so I never had any reason to do something there.
But if you use the original Nossie detection system, I doubt there can be changes because it is linked to the clan, not the model. I could give the Nodferatu a Toreador model and people still run away. If they see the pc at all, that is. Because Eliza is right, the few times I have run tests with Nossies I could run through the streets without obfuscate and nobody took any notice until I virtually bumped into them.

Must have mixed something up, then...
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

Nosferatu Related  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu Related    Nosferatu Related  EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 6:37 pm

I think Zer0 did testing for the Samedi in Final Nights. Even there, I'd argue the detection isn't good enough.
Back to top Go down
wesp5
Ancillae
Ancillae
wesp5

Nosferatu Related  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu Related    Nosferatu Related  EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 11:07 am

Feral wrote:

Must have mixed something up, then...

I did something like that in the plus patch where it's easier to break the masquerade when you get too close to a NPC. Still the distance itself can't be changed and this is what really would matter...
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Nosferatu Related  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu Related    Nosferatu Related  EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 2:54 pm

Karavolos wrote:
I think Zer0 did testing for the Samedi in Final Nights. Even there, I'd argue the detection isn't good enough.

Yeah, I did extensive testing for Samedi detection system in TFN. What I did was make it so if you're a Samedi and you stand up and anyone sees you, you'll get a Police Violation. The only way you can stand up in public is if you're obfuscated or nobody can see you. I also placed triggers that will start after a few second delay after leaving each hub attached to the 4 main hubs.

It's not perfect and still has bugs that I'm not totally happy with, but it's a hell of a lot better than the vanilla Nossie detection system.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Nosferatu Related  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu Related    Nosferatu Related  EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 6:06 pm

Zer0, maybe you should dump the triggers and use a timer to keep up the criminal level. And perhaps throw in a supernatural level every now and then to increase the chance of masquerade violations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nosferatu Related  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu Related    Nosferatu Related  Empty

Back to top Go down

Nosferatu Related
Page 1 of 1